Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

DOOM's Denuvo system was hacked by Ukrainian and Turkish hackers, though the developers said it wasn't possible to do so #AnythingIsPossible

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just one more positive I'd like to add. Other than the Metroid Prime games Doom is the only other game to nail boss fights in first person. They were all excellent in ultra violence and would be worthy of any 16 bit Konami game.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just one more positive I'd like to add. Other than the Metroid Prime games Doom is the only other game to nail boss fights in first person. They were all excellent in ultra violence and would be worthy of any 16 bit Konami game.

Exactly, there is so much more to them than simple bullet sponges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Is this worth a buy if you like shoot 'em ups?!

€45 including season pass on Amazon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hands down game of the year so far for me. So that's a yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Awesome game, buy buy buy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I got it free with my motherboard and it was a delight to play.

Balls to the wall action, best FPS ive played in years (speaking single player here) Haven't played it on multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hands down game of the year so far for me. So that's a yes.

Great. Seems too good to be true at €45 including the Season Pass on Amazon.co.uk so I bought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

FYI - I just bought this for €27 from base.com

(Doesn't include the season pass as far as I know).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Does anyone play multi player?
    I use the name
    **Janer of Punk

Not ideal servers but Doom is Doom!

Will now read back the many pages....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Doom Death match mode released today in free download #3!

• Any notes on what the arcade mode is about?

• Dare I say the multi-player is a blast.
    After multiple updates but still.
    Deathmatch mode :)
    Double xp weekend also

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Dare I say the multi-player is a blast.
    After multiple updates but still.
    Deathmatch mode :)
    Double xp weekend also

+1
    Played a few matches earlier this week and I loved it. Reminds me of my days of playing Unreal tournament on our office lan.

• Full soundtrack now released to buy
    Some of it has been reworked slightly so that the tracks play longer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I recently downloaded the soundtrack for Modern Warfare 2, it subsequently occurred to me this was a quite sad thing to do. Do people listen to game soundtracks?

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    I recently downloaded the soundtrack for Modern Warfare 2, it subsequently occurred to me this was a quite sad thing to do. Do people listen to game soundtracks?

Depends on the standard really. The above is top quality.
    And is respectful to the source material IMO

I listen to a lot of game soundtracks. They'd have to be good though. Stuff like the Call of Duty games are ok but are kind of bland, boring background music that you get in standard Hollywood fare. It just doesn't stand out. I like my videogames soundtracks to have structure and melody, something that sticks in your head and you can't get rid of it. Those modern Hollywood style soundtracks are just a load of strings and bass all jumbled up.

Something like Doom, Neo Tokyo, Beyond the Labyrinth and La Mulana soundtracks (just some that I've been listening to would be my cup of tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That soundtrack sounds like the mutant spawn of Nine Inch Nails and Meshuggah. I love it! :D

During the week the game arrived in the post for me - roughly €24 from Base.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

On the subject of the soundtrack, this may be of interest to some folk...

https://twitter.com/PeripheryBand/status/803751287812567040

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Was enjoying this, playing through it this week , but the new patch today....11.9 gbs !?!?!?!?!?! WTF
    I've no interest in MP etc....so annoyed I've paused the download. I'm not sure I'm ready to continue playing on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Was enjoying this, playing through it this week , but the new patch today....11.9 gbs !?!?!?!?!?! WTF
    I've no interest in MP etc....so annoyed I've paused the download. I'm not sure I'm ready to continue playing on.

the last patch was 18+G for me too, I paused it and it's still on my list. Presume I only need it to do the MP ,which I probably won't. Why are the patches for this so enormous?

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    the last patch was 18+G for me too, I paused it and it's still on my list. Presume I only need it to do the MP ,which I probably won't. Why are the patches for this so enormous?

Patch notes here;

There are some substantial changes for SnapMap Single Player
    Some of the creations are excellent

Also adds bots

https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/07/doom-update-adds-multiplayer-bots-and-new-game-mode-fixes-shotgun-spam-and-possibly-removes-denuvo-drm/

Agree though the patch sizes are ridicuclous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Can't say if it's the cause of the large update size but I'm hearing that the latest patch removes the Denuvo Anti Tamper DRM layer. I could actually buy this game now if I didn't already have Doom 4 Doom and Project Brutality :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't say if it's the cause of the large update size but I'm hearing that the latest patch removes the Denuvo Anti Tamper DRM layer. I could actually buy this game now if I didn't already have Doom 4 Doom and Project Brutality :D

That Doom for Doom project is seriously impressive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

these patch updates are killing my poor 8meg broadband, its as if were downloading the full game each time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Gonzo wrote: »
    these patch updates are killing my poor 8meg broadband, its as if were downloading the full game each time.

I had 2mb in the countryside, now I have 14 and its like heaven :D

Danny O'Dwyer is doing a documentary on the new Doom, the first part is about the earlier scrapped versions and how they lead into the final released game. Two more parts to come over the next two days:

• Great first part, looking forward to part 2

Reading that Doom 2016 is the Mad Max Fury Road of video games a while back and the more I think about it the more it makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Danny O'Dwyer is doing a documentary on the new Doom, the first part is about the earlier scrapped versions and how they lead into the final released game. Two more parts to come over the next two days:

I was gonna resurrect the old 'Gaming Documentaries' thread for this and his previous one on Rocket League.
    Both are exceptional and I feel a lot of people will miss out on a truly great documentary because they don't/haven't played Doom....so wouldn't visit this thread...but they'd probably enjoy it nonetheless.

Advertisement