Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The difficulty doesn't ramp up until the level after the argent tower.

Hurt me plenty was a bit easy until then but it's fine after I found.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

penev10 wrote: »
    The difficulty doesn't ramp up until the level after the argent tower.

Hurt me plenty was a bit easy until then but it's fine after I found.

Found the opposite on Ultra violence. It was tough at the start but as your arsenal grows and you upgrade your ammo limit it becomes too easy towards the end. The BFG makes it more so, I didn't even use it since it made things a but too easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's the single player like? I need something to wind down after finishing the Last Guardian the other night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RasTa wrote: »
    What's the single player like? I need something to wind down after finishing the Last Guardian the other night.

It's like the Last Guardian except it isn't shite

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's like the Last Guardian except it isn't shite

I thought that game was too hard for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Single player is great but definitely not something I would use to 'wind down' :D.

It's non stop action with great controls that doesn't overstay it's welcome. You will be wide eyed after each gameplay session.

Buy Rayman Legends if you need a wind down.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Single player is great but definitely not something I would use to 'wind down' :D.

It's non stop action with great controls that doesn't overstay it's welcome. You will be wide eyed after each gameplay session.

Buy Rayman Legends if you need a wind down.

Cheers but that's still €30 online. I;ll give the PS4 Resi Evil 4 another go.

I thought that game was too hard for you.

I find it hard to bother with. Taking me a long time to get through it as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Does anyone know if the cheats have been released for the xbox one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Are there cheats / mods for non-stop Bezerk powerup? Think that could be a good stress relief - running around punching monsters to the glorious soundtrack.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This game is near perfect, it's broken me out of my post-Witcher 3 gaming depression. Funny that in a game that's all about the combat I find myself seeking out codexes and other plot items just to learn about Samuel Haydens adventures in Hell, I mostly skip that stuff in games but in this I want more information about everything. Must see if theres any canon novels out there.

Question, what is the Gauss Rifle actually good for? You seem to get way more milage out of using that ammo in the plasma rifle, especially with the heat blast mod...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Thargor wrote: »

Question, what is the Gauss Rifle actually good for? You seem to get way more milage out of using that ammo in the plasma rifle, especially with the heat blast mod...
    Siege mode is pretty cool with the Gauss Rifle, used it a lot. Only thought the mods made the Plasma rifle any use, for the end game all I used it for was the stun bomb.

Plasma Rifle is how I deal with Hell Knights when my chainsaw is out of fuel, Id be screwed otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

penev10 wrote: »
    Siege mode is pretty cool with the Gauss Rifle, used it a lot. Only thought the mods made the Plasma rifle any use, for the end game all I used it for was the stun bomb.

Agree, this rifle is great when fully upgraded - super powerful.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Found the opposite on Ultra violence. It was tough at the start but as your arsenal grows and you upgrade your ammo limit it becomes too easy towards the end. The BFG makes it more so, I didn't even use it since it made things a but too easy.

Found this too. The game gets way to easy. I don't think I ever ran out of ammo. Add to this the BFG and the ammo drop rune for this weapon and nothing can stop you.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Agree, this rifle is great when fully upgraded - super powerful.
    Gauss or Plasma?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Composer Mick Gordon revealed one Easter Egg from the game that hasn't been discovered yet. There's a whispered message that when played backwards says "Jesus loves you"

http://www.pcgamer.com/jesus-loves-you-is-hidden-in-the-doom-soundtrack/

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its too hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Never stop moving.
    • Glory kills give you health.
    • Jumping around like a loon is encouraged.
    • Learn to love the shotguns.
    • That demon over there. He called your ma fat. You should show him what you think of that.
    • Did I mention to never stop moving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The lower your health the more aggresive you need to be. Oh yeah and never stop moving.

• Advertisement

Gauss or Plasma?
    Gauss. Rarely used the plasma rifle. Shotgun all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep pretend your Wolverine with guns ...Wage war on the demons its the only way to play the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The Demons should fear you, you are the apex predator

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Gauss. Rarely used the plasma rifle. Shotgun all the way.
    I honestly have trouble killing anything with the gauss, it doesnt seem to do much. I thought the beam powerup would improve it but its not a beam, its a pulse thing that doesnt do much either (and freezes you to the spot), I just dont get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I know how to play the f**king thing!!! its still too hard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I know how to play the f**king thing!!! its still too hard :D

Well in that case all I can say is GIT GUD!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Yeah sounds like a dire case of GIT GUD

I think you need to git gud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Has anyone got stuck in this game. i cant figure out where to go. big open area inside with lava at bottom. need a blue keycard cant find it anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think you need to git gud

I think he just needs to not stop moving.

Advertisement