Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I keep getting cornered and they just keep coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Bom chika Bom bauum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Finished, what a game, loved everything about it, 10/10.

Have a feeling the DLC will be a big one,
    Hell on Earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Can never let yourself get cornered - sometimes you have to run at them, strafing along the way. Chainsaw can get you out of a tricky spot too. Movement is king; Doom is unlike most modern FPS games in that regard.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Deal of the week on the playstation store.. only 11.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Deal of the week on the playstation store.. only 11.99.

Its a steal at that price. No brainer for anyone who has not got this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just bought this game off the store and after playing through the first half hour or so, I've ran into an issue...

I can't hear any dialogue when I should. There are subtitles on the screen but I can't hear anything at all. I tried Googling the issue but I can't seem to find a straight answer. The only "solution" I read was turning the game off then back on, but that hasn't fixed it. Has anyone else had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is the multiplayer any good?

Edit: I think I tried the beta and wasn't blown away by it...

🤪

• Bit of a kick in the teeth to anyone who purchased the season pass :/

• Advertisement

A Steam review of Doom (via Reddit) :D

aprxmu5l4paz.jpg

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Only got this last week. It's bloody fantastic and one of the most fun games I've played in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

We've heard it before but I'm gonna say it again, "a hidden gem"!

• 58GB patch on console. FS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Currently playing it on PC and its a pure RONSEAL game.....IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAY ON THE TIN!!!

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Currently playing it on PC and its a pure RONSEAL game.....IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT IT SAY ON THE TIN!!!

10/10
    "DOOM"!!!

Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lads, I may be losing my marbles a bit but I'm having a bit of difficulty finding where I download this for the freeplay weekend on xbone. Could anybody direct me, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

theteal wrote: »
    Lads, I may be losing my marbles a bit but I'm having a bit of difficulty finding where I download this for the freeplay weekend on xbone. Could anybody direct me, please?

Here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-IE/store/p/DOOM/C3QH42WRGM3R?wa=wsignin1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Loving this, Had my eye on it for a while so when it was reduced to 14euro on ps4 had to buy it. The game looks so good and the movement is really fluid, Ultra-Violence is the way to go for difficulty. It's hard but enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Well worth full price. Its up there with MW, Dishonoured and Bioshock in terms of great FPS. The value for money is amazing, snap maps, arcade mode, community levels and (an added on) MP mode. 
    The lack of story is a positive and the menu info on enemies, guns and locations give the people more if they want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 DeiseViking

Actually would be this game in my Top 5 ever. Campaign never gets old on the play through and all levels look unique. Graphically amazing. Soundtrack is rockin. Gameplay is very fast and exciting with the exploration actually enjoyable (hard enough to feel rewarding but easy enough not to be pain).

Also mulitplayer is loads of fun. OK hasn't the depth of something like Battlefield or other online FPS titles but I still go back to it and have great fun for a couple of hours.

Lastly, SnapMap is great addition and we will have unique new stuff for years to come.

Overall, massive fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Agree with the general sentiment here. I got this on the PSN sale so it was a no brainer and i LOVE IT. Really is a brilliant single player game. Love the description above with dark souls - so very true.
    Its rare you get to experience being so powerful without it feeling like a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

jones wrote: »
    Agree with the general sentiment here. I got this on the PSN sale so it was a no brainer and i LOVE IT. Really is a brilliant single player game. Love the description above with dark souls - so very true.
    Its rare you get to experience being so powerful without it feeling like a waste of time
    I think it's a great testament to the game (and it's soundtrack) that any time I enter an intense action-heavy sequence in other recent FPS', I automatically get the main riff from Rip & Tear stuck in my head. It's just a shame that few other FPS titles encourage that kind of "push-forward combat" that Doom and it's soundtrack does.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I finished this a few weeks back. I just wasn't feeling it for the first few levels. Seemed repetitive and a bit too easy. But maybe an hour or two in, it just seemed to kick in and I loved everything about it. The pace, the atmosphere, the violence, the art, everything. I loved how hell looked. I loved how the randomly placed ritual scenes looked. I loved how satisfying the guns felt. I loved how the handful of bosses kicked my ass.

I thought arena-style shooters were long dead, but Doom showed how wrong I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Nailz wrote: »
    I think it's a great testament to the game (and it's soundtrack) that any time I enter an intense action-heavy sequence in other recent FPS', I automatically get the main riff from Rip & Tear stuck in my head. It's just a shame that few other FPS titles encourage that kind of "push-forward combat" that Doom and it's soundtrack does.

Agreed 100% on this. The soundtrack complements the gameplay so much that i can't mention of the top of my head a game that does it better. I also love how in this game you are the badass, the enemies should fear you as you are the Doom Slayer. Rather than every other FPS in the last 10 years that has you hiding behind walls as you health regens....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Agreed 100% on this. The soundtrack complements the gameplay so much that i can't mention of the top of my head a game that does it better. I also love how in this game you are the badass, the enemies should fear you as you are the Doom Slayer. Rather than every other FPS in the last 10 years that has you hiding behind walls as you health regens....
    I think Witcher is pretty close, albeit in a different style to suit the game - Steel For Humans especially just makes me want to cut sh** up. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I also love how in this game you are the badass, the enemies should fear you as you are the Doom Slayer. Rather than every other FPS in the last 10 years that has you hiding behind walls as you health regens....
    Totally!

I had to rewire my brain back to my Quake 3 Arena days of run n gun, never stay still etc. - a playstyle I much prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Couple of points where I got stuck. Rich get Richer rune trial and the Hell Knights boss battle, still haven't cleared the latter. It's not even that hard. Aaaargh.
    There was a jump in one of the later levels that did my head in, that you needed to do to get one of those little puppets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doom VR out next week too.
    Playable with the PS Aim controller. Should be fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Had this bought since 2016 and never played it, after finishing all the Wolfenstein games recently I decided to play it and all I can say is what a game, had great craic playing it, one of the most enjoyable games I played in a long time.

My first experience with a Doom game.

Advertisement