Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Jaysus I actually have this on my shelf - it came with the console and I never really got around to it. Going to crack it open this evening after reading the last few pages here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm not nearly as big a fan of it as most here as it wears old for me reasonably quick into a playthrough, but even at that it's seriously great arcade-y fun for 20-30 minutes here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

4k patch for PS Pro and Xbox One X out tomorrow

https://wccftech.com/doom-xbox-one-x-ps4pro-patch-4k/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Jaysus I actually have this on my shelf - it came with the console and I never really got around to it. Going to crack it open this evening after reading the last few pages here!

I might have been overoptimistic with this - 56GB download still on the way down....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I might have been overoptimistic with this - 56GB download still on the way down....

The worst part is that less than half of that is the main game - the rest is the multiplayer/SnapMap stuff :(

• Advertisement

• bigphil2 wrote: »
    4k patch for PS Pro and Xbox One X out tomorrow

https://wccftech.com/doom-xbox-one-x-ps4pro-patch-4k/

:):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

4k is good and all is good, but does it adds hdr?

I have xbox one x, but no Doom or 4k tv yet.

So might pick it up on sale and have it for when I finally get that 4k tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

4k is good and all is good, but does it adds hdr?

I have xbox one x, but no Doom or 4k tv yet.

So might pick it up on sale and have it for when I finally get that 4k tv.

I have a HDR 4K TV and PS4 Pro and honestly....I've yet to play a game where I thought...wow..this is so much better than my previous 32" and I'm having a completely new experience.
    Horizon was pretty...aside from that...I personally can't notice the difference.

The only time 4K or HDR ever stands out to me is when I watch a series like LIFE or a really visually stunning HDR/4K movie , and they're 25gb an episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I thought there was a significant difference going from a standard PS4 to a Pro with a HDR 4K TV. I'd agree however that it didn't necessarily change the gaming experience but everything looked so much prettier, some games more so than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Playing this now in 4K on the One X.
    Holy moly, it is a thing of absolute beauty!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I didn't think I would like this game but iv been alternating between steam deck and my pc playing it and my god its awesome. I play a bit on pc and when i get tired into bed play bit more on steam deck . Half way through it now and i will defo be finishing it and buying the sequel

Advertisement