Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Steam Reviews are as bad as comments on n4g or metacritic IMO

I agree, it was just all I could really find today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When are the reviews coming?

When are the reviews coming?

I guess whenever people have a chance to play like 8-12 hours of it.

So later today/tonight or tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cormac... wrote: »
    I guess whenever people have a chance to play like 8-12 hours of it.

So later today/tonight or tomorrow

So they only got review copies today?

• When are the reviews coming?

Well review copies only dropped so I wouldn't expect anything until at a minimum tomorrow right through until next week.

• Advertisement

Well review copies only dropped so I wouldn't expect anything until at a minimum tomorrow right through until next week.

Hate that.

So they only got review copies today?

Yup.

Something to do with the game requiring live servers for the MP aspect :rolleyes:

• To add to Total Biscuit, quotes from his live-stream this morning. Note: I haven't watched the live stream but info taken from reddit.

"I'm so ****ing happy that this doesn't suck!"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Still not up on argos? Strange

Watching a guy playing it on Twitch now
    Looks kind of generic really i remember the old ones used to scare the ****e out of me but I was younger then so Im not sure

• dunworth1 wrote: »
    Still not up on argos? Strange

Watching a guy playing it on Twitch now
    Looks kind of generic really i remember the old ones used to scare the ****e out of me but I was younger then so Im not sure

In what sense? No offense dunny but "Generic" is a very vague description.
    Call Of Duty is generic, Battlefiled is generic....

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote:
    In what sense? No offense dunny but "Generic" is a very vague description. Call Of Duty is generic, Battlefiled is generic....

None taken.

I'm watching the singleplayer btw
    It doesn't look like a bad game

I just think that the art style is cartoony
    Nothing stands out to me as great maybe just ok

While I'm saying the above the guy I'm watching keeps saying that the game is amazing so i could be way off.

It can be hard to judge from watching a guy on Twitch.

I'll probably still pick it up depending on the prices

Thing about scary stuff is it's different watching an playing it. Playing P.T. scared the living f**k out of me.... watching others play it, not so much. Guess it's do with the immersion of being in control

It's up on the argos UK site priced at 45.99 pounds

532/9384 is the stock code for the ps4 tried searching for it on the Irish site but nothing

dunworth1 wrote:
    532/9384 is the stock code for the ps4 tried searching for it on the Irish site but nothing

OK i found it by searching the stock code on check argos it's priced at 65

I think I'm "Done" paying that much for a game.

Got Uncharted 4 for €55, physical copy, delivered by Amazon yesterday.

Between Uncharted 4 and the other games I've been playing I don't mind holding out on this.

As long as it delivers a ~18 hour single player experience on par with RAGE. I'll be happy

• dunworth1 wrote: »
    OK i found it by searching the stock code on check argos it's priced at 65

Cheers, I'm going to use the Permanent TSB thing also. 10 quid back so I'm happy with 55 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Anyone see the Polygon video played by someone who seems to have never played an FPS before? Ratings & comments were soon disabled. :pac:

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Cheers, I'm going to use the Permanent TSB thing also. 10 quid back so I'm happy with 55 Euro

Going to do the same and I've a 5 voucher so 50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

its working out as 46 euros for ps4 from simply games thats not bad mught go with that will take a week to deliver but i dont mind

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Picked this up on Instant Gaming for 30 euros (steam version). Played about 2 hours of the single player last night and really enjoying it.

Obviously it's not gonna set the world on fire like the original Doom did but its a pleasant change from most of today's generic call of duty games. Im really looking forward to later downloading user generated maps like back in the old doom and quake days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Didn't realise that MachineGames were developing this! Thought this looked like generic dreck from the bits I'd seen, but that was my reaction to W:TNO as well and that turned out to be the biggest surprise of 2014 for me.

They didn't, thankfully.... this is an id game, with Certain Affinity helping with multiplayer.

• ErJPecI.jpg

Busy weekend ahead..and the sun splitting the rocks :D:D

BTW be warned of a 5GB patch on PS4

ErJPecI.jpg

Busy weekend ahead..and the sun splitting the rocks :D:D

BTW be warned of a 5GB patch on PS4

A) The beer is getting warm
    B) You've made the move to PS4 i see :P

• Cormac... wrote: »
    A) The beer is getting warm
    B) You've made the move to PS4 i see :P

No I have both. Just CBA moving out of the sun room as the X1 is hooked to the projector :P

First world problems

Just CBA moving out of the sun room as the X1 is hooked to the projector :P

I'm saying this to myself in a Ross O'Carroll Kelly voice now. Where you actually say the letters "CBA"?

• Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm saying this to myself in a Ross O'Carroll Kelly voice now. Where you actually say the letters "CBA"?

Couldn't be arsed

Couldn't be arsed

I know :pac:

What I meant was in my head Ross O Carroll Kelly would actually say "C.B.A." Instead of "I can't be arsed" like how some people idiots actually say "O.M.G" or "Lol"

Anyway, off topic :o

1st post should;'t have had a question mark at the end, my bad :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

So, Is it good on ps4? 60fps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

How does the TSB thing work? I've registered for it and I know I need to use the card I've registered with, but does the money go back into your account or something? Hoping to pickup Doom with this offer tonight!

Advertisement