Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Everyone who buys from key-resellers knows there is a risk to it (personally only ever had 1 hiccup and it was solved later) but the risk seems less of a big deal compared to upsetting the official retailers like steam because you can find your entire library of games suddenly locked out.

The bulk of anti key reseller rhetoric seems to be parroted from a huge wave of astroturfing over the past few years. The apparent unsavoury practices (the ones that don't hurt the consumer) these key resellers get up to is called the free market and often not even as slimey as the official retailers and publishers. Reminder that Bethesda didn't release any early copies for review of Doom 2016 but were happy to have a pre-order button. Not exactly a crime against humanity or anything but just consider their net worth.

If you ever get a key that doesn't work get your bank to reverse the charges. You're entitled to what you pay for in the EU. Then never do business with that seller again and move on to another.

• For anyone who is playing. Jump into the liquid metal in "The Foundry" level. The Easter Egg is well worth it ;)

**** I missed that. Will do when I complete the game for my second play through. Just played the most exilerating level I can remember in any game in years. First time you get to hell. That's all I will say. Amazing gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Never heard of anyone having issues with CDKEYS, for me it's the best site to buy games on.

• Soundtrack link for anyone interested.
    It's something I didn't' mention in my earlier post but it's excellent.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_AjfGgaQtib2vhJ6TwdOCMg-6SjVHC1E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

AMD released some new drivers for this today, BIG performance boost.

Just got a rush of blood to the head and bought this. The sound track tipped the scales.

I've opted for Ultra-Violence difficulty level... wish me luck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've opted for Ultra-Violence difficulty level... wish me luck

I started on normal and started again in ultra violence. It's a much better game on ultra violence.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I've a manic grin plastered on my face playing this. It's an absolute blast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I started on normal and started again in ultra violence. It's a much better game on ultra violence.

Yup. It actually gets too easy just before the halfway point on ultra violence :( I had more BFG shots than I knew what to do with.

I'm not sure how I feel about glory kills dropping health and ammo. You absolutely have to do them on ultra violence which leads to frantic and fun game play but it's like a crutch in terms of game design. It's a simple replacement for regenerating health that we're so used to from CoD et al. There's too health about even on ultra violence. I suppose there's two more difficultly levels above it.

I didn't like the design of the imps at first but I've completely changed my mind. Dodging fireballs is so much fun.

• I'm not sure how I feel about glory kills dropping health and ammo. You absolutely have to do them on ultra violence which leads to frantic and fun game play but it's like a crutch in terms of game design. It's a simple replacement for regenerating health that we're so used to from CoD et al. There's too health about even on ultra violence. I suppose there's two more difficultly levels above it.

I didn't like the design of the imps at first but I've completely changed my mind. Dodging fireballs is so much fun.

What level are you on? Trust me you won't be saying that when the challenge ramps up.

Had another binge session yesterday evening. I think I'm on the last level now. Just don't want it to end :(

Hopefully will have an updated post with spoilers tags of course when I'm done but I can safely say it's the shooter this current gen. Haven't gotten back to Uncharted yet because of it...

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What level are you on? Trust me you won't be saying that when the challenge ramps up.

Had another binge session yesterday evening. I think I'm on the last level now. Just don't want it to end :(

Hopefully will have an updated post with spoilers tags of course when I'm done but I can safely say it's the shooter this current gen. Haven't gotten back to Uncharted yet because of it...

I've only finished the second level.

It feels like a game adaptation of Event Horizon so far

Never heard of anyone having issues with CDKEYS, for me it's the best site to buy games on.

Kinguin is another good one, or gamingdragons

Are you guys playing on pc or console?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I bought it on CD Keys last night, no problems.
    If you haven't used them before, like them on Facebook to get an extra 5% discount code to use on your first order (I got the game for €31.34)

• CS Hasuki wrote: »
    Are you guys playing on pc or console?

PS4

• o4hG1kt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

o4hG1kt.gif

This alone is worth the price of entry, the game is fantastic.

• Advertisement

bugs wrote: »
    This alone is worth the price of entry, the game is fantastic.

An 8-bit version of the doom theme plays at the same time :D

• An 8-bit version of the doom theme plays at the same time :D

Not to mention the classic doom maps
    When you complete the game there are full versions of classic doom maps (I think 13 in total) that can be played in full using new Dooms weapons / enemies.

What setting did you go for? I didn't look to hard but I removed motion blur and put the fov up to 110. I would usually put FOV as high as possible but 130 looks a bit odd for a single player game.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

im going to get this but not for 60eu. id fanboy and I kind of have to see it for myself. the QTE's will annoy the piss out of me though so can you play the game properly without using them?

BMMachine wrote: »
    im going to get this but not for 60eu. id fanboy and I kind of have to see it for myself. the QTE's will annoy the piss out of me though so can you play the game properly without using them?

They're not quite QTE's, they are elective melee finishers called "glory kills" which dispense health and ammo. You can only do them on staggered or damaged enemies. They add the frantic mayhem of the game yet are entirely optional.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was worried about the QTE's but they work brilliantly in the context of the game. You still need to get in close to execute one which adds some risk and reward and they are the main way you will be gaining health back in the game.

In a way it's very close to how you gain health back in Metal Gear revengenance where the only way to do so in combat is to stagger an enemy then split them in half in the correct way to gain back health.

Despite the bonus health, I find myself almost always executing the glory kill, it's so brief and viceral. Let's not forget berserk, which is sorely missing some kind of Benny hill music as you chase from enemy to enemy tearing them apart.

• bugs wrote: »
    Despite the bonus health, I find myself almost always executing the glory kill, it's so brief and viceral. Let's not forget berserk, which is sorely missing some kind of Benny hill music as you chase from enemy to enemy tearing them apart.

Wait till you fully upgrade the Super Shotgun :D
    Quick reload / 4 shells fired before reload!!

Wait till you fully upgrade the Super Shotgun :D
    Quick reload / 4 shells fired before reload!!

I look forward to it

• Advertisement

• bugs wrote: »
    I look forward to it

get?url=https%3A%2F%2F45.media.tumblr.com%2F1124f5728f38f7860e6cc60b19b034d2%2Ftumblr_n9dx02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif&key=l4V14DpX1xuHKch7Lb0ESA&w=800&h=240

Advertisement