Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visadebit chargeback

Options
  • 24-02-2016 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi

I need to request a charge back on a Visa debit crd transaction.  What's the best way to do this?  I bought some products from an  online store, Komplett.ie, and when it was delivered the box was broken and one of the products (worth €130) was missing.  I've contacted them, who in turn contacted the courier (UPS) who collected the damaged box for their investigation, and I've heard nothing from them since.  I've replied to the service ticket numerous times, and phoned them again.  They've not given any response or indicated what's happening.  This is going on 3 weeks now since the initial delivery. 

Is it possible for BOI to query this charge with the vendor?  It'll be a partial charge back as the original sale was for about €420.  

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi

I need to request a charge back on a Visa debit crd transaction.  What's the best way to do this?  I bought some products from an  online store, Komplett.ie, and when it was delivered the box was broken and one of the products (worth €130) was missing.  I've contacted them, who in turn contacted the courier (UPS) who collected the damaged box for their investigation, and I've heard nothing from them since.  I've replied to the service ticket numerous times, and phoned them again.  They've not given any response or indicated what's happening.  This is going on 3 weeks now since the initial delivery. 

Is it possible for BOI to query this charge with the vendor?  It'll be a partial charge back as the original sale was for about €420.  

Thanks.
    Hi stronglikebull,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

If you wish to apply for a chargeback, You can fill out our transaction dispute form here.

Please include a cover letter briefly explaining the dispute and how you have tried to contact the company to resolve it. If you have any supporting documentation (e.g. emails) to show that you have tried to resolve this first with the company, please include this with the form too. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Hi

Thanks.
    Hi stronglikebull,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

If you wish to apply for a chargeback, You can fill out our transaction dispute form here.

Please include a cover letter briefly explaining the dispute and how you have tried to contact the company to resolve it. If you have any supporting documentation (e.g. emails) to show that you have tried to resolve this first with the company, please include this with the form too. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Sharon
    Thanks, I'll fill that in now.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

One other question.  The debit card I used at the time is different than my current one, as it was stolen in the last month too.  Should I use my current card number on the dispute form? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

One other question.  The debit card I used at the time is different than my current one, as it was stolen in the last month too.  Should I use my current card number on the dispute form? 
    Hi,

Yes you'd need to give your old card number on the transaction dispute form.

If you need to get this number you can do so by sending an Ask a Question via the Online Service desk and a representative will send you on the card information.

If you any other queries please don’t hesitate to contact us here,

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement