Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera

Options
  • 24-02-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking at getting a camera or two for home security. What would be a good but cheap system to get??

It can be used via wifi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Your question has probably been answered numerous times in this forum. Have a look back through old posts via the page buttons below.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

Not helpful at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Cheap is a relative term, means different things to different people.

In terms of CCTV, what most people consider cheap is generally of poor quality and little use other than as a deterrent.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

70-130 euro is pretty cheap and you can get plenty of pretty decent cameras for that money i really depends on the area you want to cover ,the lighting in the area loads of different factors to take into consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Niallfitz1

hi I have a cannon eos 1100 D camera and when I take a picture it comes out blurred I can't seem fucus and get good quality pictures need advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Niallfitz1 wrote: »
    hi I have a cannon eos 1100 D camera and when I take a picture it comes out blurred I can't seem fucus and get good quality pictures need advice.

You lost bud? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hanna200

cena wrote: »
    I am looking at getting a camera or two for home security. What would be a good but cheap system to get??

It can be used via wifi

:eek:

you can get go pro with secure wifi to download pictures and videos

are you sure you want to go camera route? isn't it easier to get rid of expensive items?

to start you might play with these OP:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MAISI-Surveillance-1280x720p-Mega-Pixels-Notification/dp/B00XBTRZVE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_421_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51t53azmDzL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=BT9MM295RADRXHV836HM

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hanna200

degsie wrote: »
    You lost bud? :o

lost on two levels

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

It can be used via wifi

It can be used via wifi

Got this little guy on eBay. €40. It's HD quality. Wifi enabled. Full 360 degree horizontal and 180 degrees vertical. Remotely controlled via it's own app or can be integrated into any home automation system. Alarm and movement detection which will email you pictures on motion detection.

Doubt you'll get the same quality any cheaper. Google it for full spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Got this little guy on eBay. €40. It's HD quality. Wifi enabled. Full 360 degree horizontal and 180 degrees vertical. Remotely controlled via it's own app or can be integrated into any home automation system. Alarm and movement detection which will email you pictures on motion detection.

Doubt you'll get the same quality any cheaper. Google it for full spec.
    I have that. Amazon for I think €42 at the time.
    It stopped connecting unless it was through the wifi.
    We got it for the dogs.
    Debating buying another.
    The reviews show a lot failing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement