Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camera advice - buying for nieces 21st

• 24-02-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all

My niece is turning 21 soon. She has a really natural talent for taking beautiful photos on her iphone. She is interested in photography as a hobby so we are thinking of chipping in and buying her a camera for her 21st. We would be spending between €300 and €400.

What should I look out for as she is a beginner so nothing to complicated I suppose. What brands do you recommend etc.

Any help greatly appreciated as we have no idea when it comes to cameras.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Canon Power Shot S120

http://berminghamcameras.ie/canon-power-shot-s120.html

Just a suggestion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭tritium

You might be able on that budget to stretch to an entry level SLR (online is usually better value here). Whether its suitable probably depends on what she's likely to do with it. If she just wants a camera she can put in her pocket and take nice holiday snaps it might be overkill but if its a hobby she might want to grow into over time it would certainly give her a learning curve to work with. Most entry level will let her take automatic or manual setting photos so she can learn at her own pace....

Advertisement