Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up music/youth club

Options
  • 24-02-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place for this but hopefully someone could help.
    I have been placed on a TUS scheme in my local family resource centre which I am enjoying but its got me thinking about starting something similar but more to do with music.
    There are a lot of buskers/tourists/kids with nothing to do in my area.
    My Friend has been on to me to start a small recording studio ( he has all the equipment ) but I would like start something up where the buskers have somewhere to go, have a coffee meet other buskers & people of different ages.It would depend on the type of premises we could get but basically be one room recording studio, one room that would be a lounge/café where people of all ages could come & jam or listen to music. Maybe give guitar lessons etc. I have a few ideas where we could make money to keep the club going. I think having 3-4 paid staff & some volunteers would be enough to run the club. Hopefully it would get me off benefits & give something to the community at the same time.
    My question is would I need to start up as a charity or could I get grants for something like this without being a charity? I have sent off a couple of emails to different charity groups but I thought id see if anyone has any advice on here

Advertisement