Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second cisco epc9325 how to install

Options
  • 24-02-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

i want to connect a second cisco epc3925 modem in another room that i have a second connection.i bought the second modem online,i don't want to connect wireless or through ethernet just through second line in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

chassa479 wrote: »
    i want to connect a second cisco epc3925 modem in another room that i have a second connection.i bought the second modem online,i don't want to connect wireless or through ethernet just through second line in.

Suggest this belongs in the broadband forum so a mod wil likely move.

Anyway UPC record the gateways CMmac address on their side to enable the modem to sync with the head end and you can only connect one UPC gateway per account so your options here are unfortunatley limited. Your post infers you already have a 3925 which can be bridged to a better router but that's a different conversation and lots of threads in the broadband forum on bridging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

You should have asked for advice before purchasing. You just wasted your money.

As Calibos said, you just wasted your money.

Cable modems are fully controlled by the cable company and cannot be used by anyone else. The modem remains the property of VM/UPC and should have been returned to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

As above really, each piece of VM equipment has a Mac number, and that has to match up to what they have on their systems as your modem. You can't have two modems on an account either way.
    You can get the likes of a TP LINK Archer wireless router for €70. Even two 3925s wouldn't match one half decent router.

Advertisement