Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Pretty Rookie mistake from Dee taking the corn on the cob on the walking tour :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Gamebred wrote: »
    title288148679.png

Further proof of the announcement.

Is there any chance they have heard the rumours swirling and are just having a bit of fun with people when its maybe not true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Pretty Rookie mistake from Dee taking the corn on the cob on the walking tour :pac:

Fair play to the loyalty in SBG for not running to The Sun with it a month ago. Would have been a few bob for an "inside source" to leak that. They did well to keep it an open secret away from the papers. You can tell Ariel knew weeks ago as well. I was told maybe 2 weeks ago thru' a friend of one SBG fighter that she's expecting twins 100% and just keep it under the oul' hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Fair play to the loyalty in SBG for not running to The Sun with it a month ago. Would have been a few bob for an "inside source" to leak that. They did well to keep it an open secret away from the papers. You can tell Ariel knew weeks ago as well. I was told maybe 2 weeks ago thru' a friend of one SBG fighter that she's expecting twins 100% and just keep it under the oul' hat.

"Now you can put it on Boards, but don't go around telling everyone"

haha crap i just realised everyone now agrees/knows she's pregnant but not with the amount.....any chance we can both ninja delete posts :)

When people say they heard its twins it just sounds like a classic wind up to me,i mean nobody is even sure she is pregnant but yet there is a load of people around SBG are privy to her ultrasound.

newbbieb wrote: »
    When people say they heard its twins it just sounds like a classic wind up to me,i mean nobody is even sure she is pregnant but yet there is a load of people around SBG are privy to her ultrasound.

Her baby bump was clearly visible on a snapchat story post earlier from one of the SBG entourage at the top overlooking Central Park.

Damn it how did we get back on to Dee is pregnant.

Quick let's switch topics - Floyd Mayweather and Conor, how realistic? lol. Please nobody answer that :D

Her baby bump was clearly visible on a snapchat story post earlier from one of the SBG entourage at the top overlooking Central Park.

Damn it how did we get back on to Dee is pregnant.

Quick let's switch topics - Floyd Mayweather and Conor, how realistic? lol. Please nobody answer that :D

Yeah probably,just the twins bit could easily have been a ruse by JK or Conor to expose some leaks from SBG.

To be fair she could be expecting quadruplets for all i know. I'm just indulging in hearsay and speculation which, of course, is a good idea lol.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Nate Diaz is gonna be an interesting ringside spectator for 205.

RDA says he will be there too if he wins,could probably throw Aldo out there too,if Conor pulls it off the choices he has are limitless,not to mention the winner of the earlier Khabib/Johnson fight who will be hanging around too.

Crap i forgot to do my Mea Culpa from last week. So after my rant about the Charlie Ward twitter account (joao carvahlo pic), who did i run into in SBG only Charlie! Kindly took time out to have a quick chat with me about the Albany card.

Valuable lesson on assumptions learned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I was talking about corn on the cob being a two hander food so if you've also a little plate of food to carry it's a bad bad choice.

Buffet technique is a very under appreciated sort of intelligence

:pac:

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I was talking about corn on the cob being a two hander food so if you've also a little plate of food to carry it's a bad bad choice.

Buffet technique is a very under appreciated sort of intelligence

:pac:

haha. I must be half asleep i mixed my metaphors. I completely read that sentence as "bun in the oven" and not "corn on the cob" :D

On re-read and re-watch i agree. Can't beat corn-on-the-cob dosed in an unhealthy amount of butter but it's not walking food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

RDA says he will be there too if he wins,could probably throw Aldo out there too,if Conor pulls it off the choices he has are limitless,not to mention the winner of the earlier Khabib/Johnson fight who will be hanging around too.

It'll be like a slapstick comedy film where everybody tries to run in the cage door at the same time and gets stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You just know McGregor is going to be saying how he has the best sperm going now.

'Look at my sperm!' 'I make twins when I get a fookin blowjob!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Surely this dispels the rumours of a break.

thenotoriousmma - "I break jaws and I break records and I don't take breaks"
    https://instagram.com/p/BMan5HLBC_Q/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭MichaelScarn

His big announcement is his "F.A.S.T" training program.

As someone said, he needs to hire new film producers. The graphic was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Just watched the latest promise for 205. Okay but nothing grabbing.

With new owners looking to cut costs, surely allowing some footage to be used by youtubers etc in the run up to events would be a good idea? Some of the fan made videos are better than the official promos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It has probably been posted on here over the last couple of days (I'm too lazy to scroll through the posts) but McGregor has applied for a trademark for 'MacLifeFast'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Who's the dude in the red jacket? I keep seeing him in the jits classes but never passed any remark cos thought he was just another bum like the rest of us there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Who's the dude in the red jacket? I keep seeing him in the jits classes but never passed any remark cos thought he was just another bum like the rest of us there.
    Looks like Spider-Man

Tazzimus wrote: »

Dr. Julian Dalby - 1990 Irish Road Race Champion (cycling) and former world-record holder for most weight deadlifted in one hour - 68,210kg in the hour. (2,000+ reps of 30kg, 27x 40kg, 109 x 50kg)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Dr. Julian Dalby - 1990 Irish Road Race Champion (cycling) and former world-record holder for most weight deadlifted in one hour - 68,210kg in the hour. (2,000+ reps of 30kg, 27x 40kg, 109 x 50kg)
    Good to know.
    Actually paired up with him before for a striking class, decent chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Julian is wearing a red shirt. It's a the guy in the red bomber jackcet and dark sweater he was asking about.

Julian is wearing a red shirt. It's a the guy in the red bomber jackcet and dark sweater he was asking about.

:confused: Julian is in a red bomber jacket......

Are we talking about the same picture?

The one of the gang in NY overlooking Central Park? From left, it's Sergey Pikulskiy, Colin Byrne, Dee, Conor, Dillon, Vasile, John and then Julian Dalby in the red bomber jacket and bright red Reeboks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

:confused: Julian is in a red bomber jacket......

Are we talking about the same picture?

The one of the gang in NY overlooking Central Park? From left, it's Sergey Pikulskiy, Colin Byrne, Dee, Conor, Dillon, Vasile, John and then Julian Dalby in the red bomber jacket and bright red Reeboks

He is talking about the Call of Duty Maclife video. In the video there is a lad in a red bomber jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

cloudatlas wrote: »
    He is talking about the Call of Duty Maclife video. In the video there is a lad in a red bomber jacket.

Yeah. That's the one. And the picture of Dee with the headset holding her bump.

Lee Dunphy Conors best mate who also runs his Mac Life site for him.

ahhh. They're fond of their oul' red bomber jackets :pac:

I hope this documentary tomorrow isn't just a re-hash of old footage. I know they're including some of the John Gooden interview from the preview. Should be good. Probably Anthony Bourdain narrating again.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

When you think about it this is an unbelievable journey Conor has taken us on. And hes done it taking us along with him with revealing videos and clips he doesn't have to do. And to make it better hes doing it with people hes worked with and been friends with all the way from the start. This doesn't come around often so enjoy it while you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

What's the context of the go long uncle Frank tweet

D.Q wrote: »
    What's the context of the go long uncle Frank tweet

I asked that too.

I think it's like when you throw a football and say go long.

In this case he has kicked the head off of Brimmage (?) and is saying go long Uncle Frank. Wonder if he has mended his relationship with the Fertita's?

Half 6 EirSport1 - Philly McMahon (dub GAA) interviewing John for UFC 205

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Half 6 EirSport1 - Philly McMahon (dub GAA) interviewing John for UFC 205

Himself, Cooper and Connolly wouldn't look out of place in an octagon with their carry-on in matches. :pac:

Should be a good interview though, have it on now.

I'll tell you one thing - Philly McMahon is putting 99% of "MMA journalists" to shame here!! He's asking great questions and getting John to think and give detailed answers.

That was a really solid interview, Philly knows his stuff, credit where it's due. Very good questions.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    That was a really solid interview, Philly knows his stuff, credit where it's due. Very good questions.

Great stuff. Looked like Philly was down with a dose of man-flu but he asked some great questions. Loved the reveal that they drilled fake knockdowns ahead of Diaz 2 to simulate Conors responses to it. Also great to hear that even if pro-MMA fades away in Ireland in the future that John will stick at the martial arts coaching for the love of it.

Great stuff. Looked like Philly was down with a dose of man-flu but he asked some great questions. Loved the reveal that they drilled fake knockdowns ahead of Diaz 2 to simulate Conors responses to it. Also great to hear that even if pro-MMA fades away in Ireland in the future that John will stick at the martial arts coaching for the love of it.

Yeah John seems to be in it for the long haul which is great to see, the true pioneer of MMA in Ireland, his fighters have created the sport's bubble in this country and I don't see it fading away when Conor retires.

If you compare it to something like club soccer in this country, it's suffering because there aren't many good coaches still here, they're all in the UK or somewhere else, so the development of talent is failing at the most fundamental level. MMA is succeeding because it's the complete opposite of that, there are genuine top class coaches like Kavanagh nurturing talent and creating UFC level fighters.

SBG does seem to have a bit of a monopoly on the very best talent in the country, but it's mainly because it's such a professional and high level team that you have guys like James Gallagher who moved to Dublin at 15 just to develop his skills there. It all goes back to the point that Kavanagh is doing things very, very well. We mightn't see another McGregor-level fighter come out of SBG again, but I'm certain there will be a few not a million miles off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Any link to the Philip Mc Mahon interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Is McGregor playing soon ?

martyos121 wrote: »
    SBG does seem to have a bit of a monopoly on the very best talent in the country, but it's mainly because it's such a professional and high level team that you have guys like James Gallagher who moved to Dublin at 15 just to develop his skills there. It all goes back to the point that Kavanagh is doing things very, very well. We mightn't see another McGregor-level fighter come out of SBG again, but I'm certain there will be a few not a million miles off it.

Yep. Never say never but i imagine everybody associated with SBG Concorde knows Conor McGregor is a once-in-a-liftetime fighter. Don't get me wrong, we might see (in some ways) better fighters than Conor produced by SBG - better grapplers, better wrestlers, cleaner jiujtsu, sharper muay-thai etc.

But there really truly is only one Conor McGregor. His mix of dedication, discipline, obsession, charisma, skill and self-belief is unmatched. Many can attempt to copy but there is only one.

Same with Muhammad Ali. Many came after him just as talented, if not more so, in boxing. You can argue a case for prime Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Sugar Ray Leonard, Floyd Mayweather etc but there is only one Ali.

So i think the next 5 years we will see a steady trickle through of Irish fighters from SBG, Team Ryano and the likes making a splash on the world stage but the Conor-experience for all concerned (coaches, family, friends and fans) is a once-in-a-lifetime ride.

I'm personally excited to see what Sinead Kavanagh can do with a step-up in levels because there are so few women at the top level who possess genuine KO-power. She relies on her chin far too much but that can be tightened up and improved. It'll do female MMA in Ireland no harm to have a healthy Aisling Daly back with Sinead making it to the UFC eventually.

• Advertisement

Phily trains some Jiu Jitsu up in Roddy's place hence his bit of knowledge in martial arts,nice lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Gamebred wrote: »
    Phily trains some Jiu Jitsu up in Roddy's place hence his bit of knowledge in martial arts,nice lad.

Lot of GAA guys seem to be picking it up since McGeeney got into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Phillys a top lad; great interview.

ASOT wrote: »
    Phillys a top lad; great interview.

He's also a great example to young people. Faced a lot of adversity with the death of his brother from drug addiction and does a lot in the community to raise drug awareness.

I was super impressed by his knowledge and how he crafted his questions. Most interviews John gets asked the same stuff and can rattle off the answers in his sleep. In this one, he really had to think and that's always a sign of a great interview.

He's also a great example to young people. Faced a lot of adversity with the death of his brother from drug addiction and does a lot in the community to raise drug awareness.

I was super impressed by his knowledge and how he crafted his questions. Most interviews John gets asked the same stuff and can rattle off the answers in his sleep. In this one, he really had to think and that's always a sign of a great interview.

Some of the ****e the ''pro's'' ask is a pisstake same question over and over again,

Generic ****e I heard that lad from severe mma on the conference ask Eddie his game plan ffs, Yeah hes really gonna blurt out his game plan a week before the fight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement