Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I think John is robbing your views from here and passing them off as his own ;)

Haha.

To be fair the 3 mins i spent with him in SBG the other week clearly had a long-lasting effect :pac:

Brilliant interview. I love that it wasn't turned into the "McGregor show". Ariel did really well not making it all about Conor, great questions and gave John a lot of scope to discuss a lot of stuff.

Was slightly disappointed John didn't congratulate Ariel on the new baby though lol. He had the perfect opening to do it when he talked about having his own kids soon. I'm sure he congratulated him off-screen but woulda been a nice touch to have it on the episode :)

Really fascinating segment where he discussed how he drifted away from Conor for a while in the lead-up to the first Diaz fight. Almost going from Coach/Friend to mere acquaintances nodding at each other walking by. I'm sure that's something most of us can relate to as well, when work or children or hobbies ....life.....takes over and good friends start to become mere acquaintances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Off-topic but christ Kenny Florian has had a tough year! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

UFC 205: Fighting For History - Full Episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxwE4fPLU3c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lockhart's food looks like dog****.

Dude needs to take a few lessons. I'm sure it's nutritionally spot on, but it looks terrible any time I've seen him cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

TheTownie wrote: »
    Off-topic but christ Kenny Florian has had a tough year! :eek:

Gian Villante is a hero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lockhart's food looks like dog****.

Dude needs to take a few lessons. I'm sure it's nutritionally spot on, but it looks terrible any time I've seen him cook.

I thought the lime and ginger chicken looked great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

McGregor Vs Mendes on eir sport 1 at 11.15. That fight had me on the edge of the seat throughout, for a while it looked like Conor was in trouble

Anyone know the reach of McGregor v Alvarez ? I think there is something like only 3 inches between them in height difference, who is the taller?

I thought the lime and ginger chicken looked great!

The rice was shocking looking, like a badly cooked risotto and the chicken looked like it had the mange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Muahahaha wrote: »
    McGregor Vs Mendes on eir sport 1 at 11.15. That fight had me on the edge of the seat throughout, for a while it looked like Conor was in trouble

Anyone know the reach of McGregor v Alvarez ? I think there is something like only 3 inches between them in height difference, who is the taller?

Same size McGregor has a 5 inch reach advantage.

Conors is 74" Eddie is 69"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Even though they're both billed as the same height on the UFC site, there definitely looked to be at least a 2 inch difference in height when they faced off, Eddie looking more 5'7". But Conor was wearing lifts according to the experts on Sherdog. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

How does Woodley make 170 the mans a tank.

Duff wrote: »
    Even though they're both billed as the same height on the UFC site, there definitely looked to be at least a 2 inch difference in height when they faced off, Eddie looking more 5'7". But Conor was wearing lifts according to the experts on Sherdog. :rolleyes:

Conor isn't 5'9... I don't care what anyone says. Eddie probably isn't either.

Height is self declared in the UFC for some bizarre reason, reach might be as well. That's why some fighters still don't have leg reach listed, they just haven't bothered submitting it.

Head Wreck wrote: »
    How does Woodley make 170 the mans a tank.

It's easier for someone like him or Romero or Alverez to cut because they're so big and lean they hold more water when compared to someone who's skinnier but has less mass. That has years of cutting for wrestling which is even more brutal, I'd say he has it down to a science at this stage.

Duff wrote: »

Not a chance there's 2 inches between them. Conor's just about 5'9, I'd say Eddie is probably 5'8.5.

I dunno about lifts but for the second fight versus Diaz he wore shoes with a decent heel that would give you an extra inch, I'm pretty sure Eddie was in trainers.

He'll have an ever so slight height advantage, but being taller vs. a stocky wrestler is actually a disadvantage IMO. Reach is what will really make the difference IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Head Wreck wrote: »
    Tonight on TV3 at 22:00

Doesn't look like this is happening

Height is self declared in the UFC for some bizarre reason, reach might be as well. That's why some fighters still don't have leg reach listed, they just haven't bothered submitting it.

When Conor is getting an MRI they have his height listed as 175. Usually medical records need to be accurate.

175 cm = 5'8.9

well i stood toe to toe with him in bare feet and sorry but he is 5.9. im 5,10 and he was a whisker shorter. sorry to burst your bubble subs.

also he's deceivingly broad for about 170lbs walking weight.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like this is happening

wtf!!!! U MEAN THE FIGHT?????????????????

rusty cole wrote: »
    wtf!!!! U MEAN THE FIGHT?????????????????

The documentary being shown on Irish TV I'd say is what he means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

I hope to jesus that Roller is just for promotion!!

On a side-note, Just watched 'Fighting For History' there and Wonderboy should be a Marvel Hero ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

RDA was noticeably taller than Alvarez when they fought, McGregor was noticeably taller than both when faced off, the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

sonofenoch wrote:
    RDA was noticeably taller than Alvarez when they fought, McGregor was noticeably taller than both when faced off, the end

McGregor pumps his chest out so much and he's almost on his tippy toes for those staredowns.

sonofenoch wrote: »

They all have the same declared height... So somebody's telling porkies (probably all 3, probably everyone really).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

They all have the same declared height... So somebody's telling porkies (probably all 3, probably everyone really).

They all have the same weight declared also, none of them weigh 155 but for a day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

He wasn't. Google RDA Alvarez and look at images and you'll see photo's of them staring each other down and they look the same when the angle is right, sometimes the angle can make one fighter look taller.
    McGregor pumps his chest out so much and he's almost on his tippy toes for those staredowns.

Alvarez was on his tippytoes getting up to McGregor in the presser.

They all have the same weight declared also, none of them weigh 155 but for a day

None of them claim to walk around at 155.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

rusty cole wrote: »
    well i stood toe to toe with him in bare feet and sorry but he is 5.9. im 5,10 and he was a whisker shorter. sorry to burst your bubble subs.

also he's deceivingly broad for about 170lbs walking weight.
    This, his shoulder width for a small ish dude is crazy, makes him seem much bigger than he actually is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

New MacLife up. Same $h!T

• Advertisement

Well, given you don't care what anybody says you won't care what i say.

I was in SBG with Conor 10 days ago as you know. I was stood next to him talking with him and i had my hand around his shoulders for a picture.

I've been measured properly recently and i'm 5'9 and a half inch.

Conor is fractionally taller than me. He's closer to 5'10 than 5'9.

But carry on.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Were you in SBG by any chance Wonder?

Well, given you don't care what anybody says you won't care what i say.

I was in SBG with Conor 10 days ago as you know. I was stood next to him talking with him and i had my hand around his shoulders for a picture.

I've been measured properly recently and i'm 5'9 and a half inch.

Conor is fractionally taller than me. He's closer to 5'10 than 5'9.

But carry on.....

In fairness when he was fighting at 145 he had to cut a good bit of height to make weight so that probably has people somewhat confused

Gamebred wrote: »
    Were you in SBG by any chance Wonder?

I may not have mentioned much but yes i was :pac:

To be fair it was relevant to mention it lol. When someone is so adamant they know a persons height and i was stood next to that person less than 2 weeks ago.....perplexing.

He's a slap of hair gel away from 5'10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »

Jesus wept.

What part of i was standing beside him and i know my own height is confusing you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Lukker- wrote: »
    When Conor is getting an MRI they have his height listed as 175. Usually medical records need to be accurate.

175 cm = 5'8.9

Isn't this good enough? Pretty sure it was on one of the earlier MacLife videos for 205.

darced wrote: »

I didn't inspect his footwear but my point stands. If both our shoes added an inch he was still fractionally taller than me and i've had my height properly measured as part of a yearly check-up into my P.E repair surgery.

He's closer to 5'10 than 5'9 in shoes.

Anyway, on the evidence of the face-off with Alvarez he's at least an inch, possibly 2 inches taller than Eddie and has a 5 inch reach advantage.

• Advertisement

He's 5'10 with his pony tail lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Your all wrong hes about 18 feet tall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

McGregor's big announcement was spoiled on Twitter:
    He wears lifts in his shoes. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Nah pretty sure I've read him described as below, height confirmed.

His name was H̶o̶m̶e̶r̶ Conor
    Seven feet tall.
    Arms like tree trunks.
    Eyes like steel, cold and hard.
    Had a shock of hair, red.
    Like the fires of hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

Arguing over inches is maybe ok girls but mls,come on lads get a grip:D

• Advertisement

So the Mac Life FAST system is now live you can join now for just $295,

Wonderfullife is 100% the first person signed up.

What time is Wonderfullife vs. Gamebread and will it be on Fightpass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

xtal191 wrote: »
    The decal a temp vinyl wrap, who cares about that when you inside it.
    And I'd imagine $350k worth of Rolls Royce is pretty amazing inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

sorry long time lurker,and deslexis so please forgive,texts take a while ,possible, i think jerramy will beat or ko frankie.I hove Thomson beats woodley but you never know with if the big shots can get through and change that...joanna s name is to long to type but i think she will kick the leg in the first and second and be elbows and strikes from there maybe.Anyway sorry for the crap.i do read this and most importantly everyone enjoy the fight
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement