Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

BOHtox wrote: »
    Conor is a man I respect and admire more than anybody in the world.

It is with that in mind I hope to God he doesn't propose in the ring after the fight

No way he does something as cringey as that. If he did, I'd cheer for him to be beaten in every fight after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

BOHtox wrote: »
    Conor is a man I respect and admire more than anybody in the world.

Jesus Christ.

Really? I mean he's a great fighter and a sound lad but... Not exactly a Nobel laureate is he?

Sure he is a role model but c'mon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Fromvert wrote: »
    No way he does something as cringey as that. If he did, I'd cheer for him to be beaten in every fight after it.

I'd have no problem with that. Proper romantic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I can see him proposing after the fight if he wins to be honest.
    I cringe at stuff like that. But I think he will do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Head Wreck wrote:
    Kavnagh and Conor himself have mentioned "Big announcement" a good few times now.

My guess is John and Conor saw how it was getting blown out of proportion and just went along with it for the craic. But we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Gamebred wrote: »
    Wrong.

yes, yes you are wrong - i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭HattrickNZ

Head Wreck wrote:
    Kavnagh and Conor himself have mentioned "Big announcement" a good few times now.

My guess is John and Conor saw how it was getting blown out of proportion and just went along with it for the craic. But we'll see.
    think you might be spot on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

yes, yes you are wrong - i agree

Ok so theres no fans camped outside his hotel you know better.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/795753352571273217

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ok so theres no fans camped outside his hotel you know better.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/795753352571273217

They are actors he hired to look like a celebrity

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »

Ah yes planted,like the little girl in Dublin :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

any Roddy vlog today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Lukker- wrote:

He's always at that craic isn't he? Sneaky basta*d.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

People think Conor will propose in the octagon after the fight. ****ing hell.

The moment this thread finally jumped the shark? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Calling it now, Conor strolls into the presser on Thursday in his new Coogi jumper proclaiming himself the King of New York like Biggie :P

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/796111098923614209

http://www.coogi.com/shop/biggie-smalls-crew/

BIGGIEWAVEY.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

That kid was shaking with nerves and excitement at the end....hmmm familiar lol....

Have you met him or something? If so, you should tell us about it some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Have you met him or something? If so, you should tell us about it some time.

I doubt he'd brag in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

eddie73 wrote: »
    Is there a hint of ufc 196 about all of this in terms of over confidence, or have they got it right beyond any doubt whatsoever?

It's a measured sense of confidence. The plan for 196 was to go out guns blazing and take Nates head off. Their approach to training is completely different now and while Conor and John are both saying first/second round they know it could easily go 5 rounds and they're prepared for that. They're well aware of Eddie's whole career and how tough he is. A prediction is just words. Eddie's predicting he ends it in the 2nd round too. Why would either take the fight if they weren't confident they could win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

eddie73 wrote: »
    I am curious as to how everyone thinks the fight will go, have the bookies got it right or is there any conceivable way that conor could lose this event?

It's quite close with the bookies. Conor's 4/6, Eddie now 6/4.

The bookies feel there's a very real possibility that McGregor loses this fight, and that it's by no means cut and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

I have no idea whos winning this - whoever wobbles first is dead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭GerryDerpy

DuffleBag wrote: »

Haha good laugh that. Roddy is a sound bloke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

7.41 in Roddy's new vid...Julian Dalby is evidently concerned with energy efficiency in many contexts, sporting a lagging jacket as a fashion piece. You get 'em, doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

How old is Mr. Maclife if his auld lad is waking him up to Watch Ali?

Spoofer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

gone up on youtube, solid watch! getting bourdain in to narrate was a masterstroke

Also, we now know why the MacLife videos are so poor... What an amateur setup.

Also, we now know why the MacLife videos are so poor... What an amateur setup.

from the roddy vlog? how so?

Depp wrote: »
    from the roddy vlog? how so?

You can see the setup yerman is using. Bog standard DSLR with a mic attachment, nothing for stabilising moving video, no monitor, working off a tiny 3" screen...

Shout out to UFC embeded cameraman running after them like a lunatic, wtf was that about?

You can see the setup yerman is using. Bog standard DSLR with a mic attachment, nothing for stabilising moving video, no monitor, working off a tiny 3" screen...

Shout out to UFC embeded cameraman running after them like a lunatic, wtf was that about?

isn't that all you need these days really? similar setup to casey neistat and most vloggers on the go atm...problem with the maclife vlogs is the content more so than anything!

say he wanted to get a shot of the car pulling away more than likely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Depp wrote: »

Hes narrated ufc videos before...

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

I wish I cared less about the outcome so I could enjoy the fight more. I've become very much emotionally invested in this despite myself!!

I would relish seeing both Mark Henry and Alvarez eat their words.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Hes narrated ufc videos before...

I'm aware of that, just saying whoever thought of it it was a brilliant idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Even if you had a few sessions with a PT to develop a programme, then one or two follow ups over the few months and then paid gym fees you'd have change from the 300 to buy yourself some nice rebok fight gear or a few maclife t-shirts.
    I think you'd have change there. But as I said, I don't know Dublin prices.
    I'd expect 6 PT sessions and 3 months gym fees to cost more than €265.
    You can prob get a guy to do it for peanuts, but you know how that saying goes.

Obviously there's gym cost on top. But I honestly don't think that €265 is that much to spend on health and fitness if you are serious about it. Could rack similar in physiotherapy easily. I've spend way more than that on BJJ this year (training, 5 comps, a seminar, a new Gi). Maybe that's different, as it's something I enjoy rather than a means to an end.
    Not sure is John getting a cut or is it primarily dalby, who while clearly has a background in cardio,it was based in cycling which is a very dirty sport. Would be interesting to see if the results are as good without the use of performance enhancers
    You think cyclists don't have good cardio?
    Paully D wrote: »
    It's quite close with the bookies. Conor's 4/6, Eddie now 6/4.

The bookies feel there's a very real possibility that McGregor loses this fight, and that it's by no means cut and dry.

That's still 4/6 vrs 6/4 is still a reason favourite for McGregor though.
    Obviously they think Eddie can win, but they are expecting to McGregor win to happen about 50% more often.
    (1/2 vrs 2/1 would be 100% more, twice as often)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

How old is Mr. Maclife if his auld lad is waking him up to Watch Ali?

Spoofer.

Maybe!! He was in his early 20's in 1996 when Paul Fox started doing Ninjitsu with him. So he's anything from 42 to 48.

Ali last fought in MSG in 1977. Even if we put him in the middle at 44 it's very possible his dad woke him up as a 4 year old to sneak down to watch the boxing.

No idea why anybody would want to spoof about a childhood memory but ...meh.

Ariel re-released his walk-and-talk with Conor from 2014. Still, to this day, one of the best pieces they did together.

Just watched it again earlier had forgotten about his father going through cancer,its been a crazy ride for that family so good to see them all living well thanks to his vision and hard work.

Ariel re-released his walk-and-talk with Conor from 2014. Still, to this day, one of the best pieces they did together.

My sources tell me some bigger and better is about to drop....stay tuned.

...you're not the only one with sources wonderfullife :cool:

That interview they shot in SBG last week must be due to drop any day.

Mellor wrote: »
    My sources tell me some bigger and better is about to drop....stay tuned.

...you're not the only one with sources wonderfullife :cool:

haha say wut :D

You're friends with Helwani?? Or a non-Helwani related thing?

Just watched it again earlier had forgotten about his father going through cancer,its been a crazy ride for that family so good to see them all living well thanks to his vision and hard work.

That part got to me, lost my dad to cancer recently. I loved when his eyes lit up talking about giving his dad energy and positivity and how they came closer together.

He really hasn't changed in his mentality. Even back then he was the exact same. I suppose a lot of people don't like the bragging about his cars and money but take that stuff aside and he's the same guy.

"I'd rather shoot and miss than not shoot at all" - that was the quote from the Walk and Talk that stood out to me. Applies to the 170lb Diaz contests, the 2-belt stuff, the Mac Life FAST, whatever... he'd rather take a shot and miss. Good message for everyone.

• Advertisement

haha say wut :D

You're friends with Helwani?? Or a non-Helwani related thing?
    Non Helwani

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

That part got to me, lost my dad to cancer recently. I loved when his eyes lit up talking about giving his dad energy and positivity and how they came closer together.

He really hasn't changed in his mentality. Even back then he was the exact same. I suppose a lot of people don't like the bragging about his cars and money but take that stuff aside and he's the same guy.

"I'd rather shoot and miss than not shoot at all" - that was the quote from the Walk and Talk that stood out to me. Applies to the 170lb Diaz contests, the 2-belt stuff, the Mac Life FAST, whatever... he'd rather take a shot and miss. Good message for everyone.
    A role model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

I'd rather my kids emulated him than any other fighter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 431 ✭✭Killergreene

Wonderful when will we see you down sbg to start training pal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

How dare you.

A Conor McGregor child will come out of the womb ready to challenge Mighty Mouse.

And there will be a video of Dana explaining how Baby McGregor has the perfect style to defeat Mighty Mouse.

Wonderful when will we see you down sbg to start training pal?

Man i'd love to! I talked to John and Richy about it briefly. A few physical health issues to overcome but it's mainly crippling anxiety that holds me back.

I think the hard part is just making that initial step. If i can do that i'm sure i'll be good to go. Absolutely love the sport of jiujitsu as a fan.

That's if the world is still here by the morning. Trump is now odds on to win, so we may all be goosed.

• Advertisement

Wonderfullife - BJJ is better therapy than any expert you can go to, you get to train with a bunch of other people (who are nutcases usually themselves its like a good cult I'd compare it to a team of surfers) so just bite the bullet and take your first class!

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/796178311676362752

Great shot paying homage to B.i.g

ardinn wrote: »

thank god for Embedded to distract me from the end of the world. I still can't believe they elected a man who legitimately said on tape he grabs any women he wants by the P.....

Mind boggles what they thought of Hillary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Man i'd love to! I talked to John and Richy about it briefly. A few physical health issues to overcome but it's mainly crippling anxiety that holds me back.

I think the hard part is just making that initial step. If i can do that i'm sure i'll be good to go. Absolutely love the sport of jiujitsu as a fan.

That's if the world is still here by the morning. Trump is now odds on to win, so we may all be goosed.
    Wonderfullife - BJJ is better therapy than any expert you can go to, you get to train with a bunch of other people (who are nutcases usually themselves its like a good cult I'd compare it to a team of surfers) so just bite the bullet and take your first class!

God dam it im agreeing with Gamebred and trump is president.

But seriously get in and try a class man them few hours on the mat every week are fantastic. I'm an introvert with the zero social skills. Just do it. You will fell better, build confidence, lose weight and make friends for life from it.

If i was in Dublin man id gladly offer to go to a few classes with ya. But seems there is plenty of SBG lads on here to welcome you.

great stuff here from Conor.

Q. "Thoughts on Trump?"
    A. "I could not give a bollox".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement