Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

7.41 in Roddy's new vid...Julian Dalby is evidently concerned with energy efficiency in many contexts, sporting a lagging jacket as a fashion piece. You get 'em, doc.
    Dressed like Mugatu out of Zoolander.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

7.41 in Roddy's new vid...Julian Dalby is evidently concerned with energy efficiency in many contexts, sporting a lagging jacket as a fashion piece. You get 'em, doc.
    Dressed like Mugatu out of Zoolander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Mugatu would never be caught dead wearing orange and red, big fashion no no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The MacLife cameraman is terrible. He seems to be obsessed with that zoom button. All over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Sure thats not a big announcement to anyone other than to his and her family etc.

Hardly a big announcement to family, who already know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

That jumper and the rolls with his face on it are awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

cloudatlas wrote: »

to be fair the rolls was given to him to use while hes over ther by rolls royce, someone gives me one for free for a week I'm not gunna complain about graphics on the side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

The jumper is a Coogi sweater, definitely a tribute to Biggie.

I think its deadly looking. Bit out of my price range though :(

The Rolls is a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

They would want to be paying me to wear that jumper and drive that car. And paying me well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

The jumper is slick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I actually think McGregor would have a lot more success bringing out his own clothing brand than that Fast training. In this day and age men are nearly more into fashion than women and McGregor is a massive style icon.

I can definitely see him doing it in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That pic of him in the jumper with the rolls was class "it was all a dream". Very fitting with his walkout tune and king of New York title. Open workouts tonight, not sure what time yet though. Actually is there a press conference on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    That pic of him in the jumper with the rolls was class "it was all a dream". Very fitting with his walkout tune and king of New York title. Open workouts tonight, not sure what time yet though. Actually is there a press conference on today?

Nah conference is tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

dashoonage wrote: »

That's australian dollars. Looks like something a long haired hippy who spins those fire balls would wear at a music festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Looks like a drug-rug alright, but I kinda like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Duff wrote:
    Looks like a drug-rug alright, but I kinda like it.

You mean Conor is on performance enhancing drugs?.

Mod: Quit the trolling or you will be taking a long break - also there are charter rules as regards fighters, I suggest you make yourself aware of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Conor on talk shows tonight or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Open workouts start in 1 hour from now Irish time. I'd imagine Conor due up last at 5pm Irish time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

JoeyJJ wrote: »

Open workouts start in 1 hour from now Irish time. I'd imagine Conor due up last at 5pm Irish time.

One hour from now Irish time? What about US time?

L'prof wrote: »
    One hour from now Irish time? What about US time?

:D:D:D:D

10am-12pm ET.

I always do that convert to irish time thing without remembering how silly it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Open workouts live on youtube??

Open workouts live on youtube??

Not as of right now. The UFC are doing it arseways as usual. It's available through the UFC facebook page and there's a few journalists planning periscope streams.

It's late starting. For once, probably not Conors doing lol

Karyn Bryant kindly put up a stream.

Eddie Alvarez up now. Got mildly booed by the small crowd in attendance so far.

• Advertisement

It appears Eddie's team has brought pool noodles to do some touch-butt.

Eddie looks nice and flowy.....

In what could be perceived as taking the piss out of Ido and John,..... Mark Henry is now using pool noodles to do some touch-butt drills and Eddie slipping the noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Eddie looks nice and flowy.....

The only thing that will be flowy from Eddie is the blood from his grape head

/S

Eddie is an underrated boxer and has excellent feet. Gonna be tricky fight even if it stays standing, hope the lads don't underestimate his stand up

Ido Portal is in the house for the workouts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Lukker- wrote: »
    The only thing that will be flowy from Eddie is the blood from his grape head

/S

Eddie is an underrated boxer and has excellent feet. Gonna be tricky fight even if it stays standing, hope the lads don't underestimate his stand up

If anything hes over rated, what does he do good to impress you boxing wise im curious? He has 2 shots he throws basic 1-2 and an upper cut left hook,no jab no body shots no head kicks either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

In what could be perceived as taking the piss out of Ido and John,..... Mark Henry is now using pool noodles to do some touch-butt drills and Eddie slipping the noodles.

haha. It's pretty commonplace across MMA I thought? Seems like it's only getting attention since Nate's classic line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Gamebred wrote: »
    If anything hes over rated, what does he do good to impress you boxing wise im curious? He has 2 shots he throws basic 1-2 and an upper cut left hook,no jab no body shots no head kicks either.

His footwork and head movement are very good. By your logic Conor only has a left hand.

TheNap wrote: »
    His footwork and head movement are very good. By your logic Conor only has a left hand.

What has Conor got to do with the discussion?

So his movement is good but not his actual striking is that what you think? what shots make him a good boxer ive yet to see them he windmills punches throws hail mary right hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Gamebred wrote: »
    What has Conor got to do with the discussion?

So his movement is good but not his actual striking is that what you think? what shots make him a good boxer ive yet to see them he windmills punches throws hail mary right hands.

You asked what makes him a good boxer ? I said his footwork and head movement are very good for a MMA fighter .

His striking is very good. Just look at his last fight . There is a difference between striking and combinations.

You dont have to throw fancy cominations to be a good boxer.

I agree he leaves himself open when he throws which is his downfall that will go against him in this fight. Nobodys boxing technique is perfect especially in MMA.

TheNap wrote: »
    You asked what makes him a good boxer ? I said his footwork and head movement are very good for a MMA fighter .

His striking is very good. Just look at his last fight . There is a difference between striking and combinations.

You dont have to throw fancy cominations to be a good boxer.

I agree he leaves himself open when he throws which is his downfall that will go against him in this fight. Nobodys boxing technique is perfect especially in MMA.

His last fight is a poor example,he got backed up onto the cage for the duration for the fight until he threw a hail mary 1-2 and landed, rocked RDA badly alright so no fluke or anything but his finish was what I'd describe as sloppy not something a good boxer would do, he was windmilling punches gassing himself out nearly in the process couldnt even put RDA down again,

I find him basic enough nothing has impressed me in his latest few fights he got punched around and whooped by Cowboy dropped with leg kicks also had sex with Pettis against the cage in the most boring fight I can remember, he is light years behind McGregor as well as most of the top ranked fighters I'd have Nate Ferguson Barboza Khabib all beating him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

It used to be just poor aul Artem getting stick now the hatred has been ramped up a few notches to everyone and everything connected to McGregor....the past couple of days we've had it all from the camera work on his utube channel to the food his nutritionist cooks, now his fukking jumper ......laughable really, hysterical in fact

sonofenoch wrote: »
    It used to be just poor aul Artem getting stick now the hatred has been ramped up a few notches to everyone and everything connected to McGregor....the past couple of days we've had it all from the camera work on his utube channel to the food his nutritionist cooks, now his fukking jumper ......laughable really, hysterical in fact

Man puts himself in the public media. Do you expect people not to pass comment on him ? There are plenty of positives to go with the negatives.

Edit: that jumper is **** though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

sonofenoch wrote: »

Just opinions. I wouldn't call it hate. Some people don't like the jumper...Doesn't make them haters. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

The jumper is nice. The rolls is vomit.

• Advertisement

Man puts himself in the public media. Do you expect people not to pass comment on him ? There are plenty of positives to go with the negatives.

Edit: that jumper is **** though....

That jumper would change your bum life.
    I put hoes in NY onto DKNY
    Miami, D.C. prefer Versace
    All Philly hoes, dough and Moschino
    Every cutie wit a booty bought a Coogi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

live stream gone. Any links?

final part of UFC featherweight Dan Hooker's excellent 3-part-breakdown:

live stream gone. Any links?

https://www.facebook.com/MMAheat/

Karolina working out. Possibly in love with her. :D She likes cookies so that's a good start.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Head Wreck wrote:
    Mod: Quit the trolling or you will be taking a long break - also there are charter rules as regards fighters, I suggest you make yourself aware of them.

Sent you a PM. That clearly wasn't fighter bashing or drug use accusations. It was a question and a joke question. I didn't break any rules in the charter.

Conor half an hour late to Open Workouts. Can't blame traffic this time he's within walking distance from his hotel. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Conor half an hour late to Open Workouts. Can't blame traffic this time he's within walking distance from his hotel. :pac:
    Is he not staying in a different place to the rest of the fighters which are accross the street?

Worried about the absence of Sensei Portal its not a open workout without touch butt.

That slip of the head with the left cross is like lightning

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is he not staying in a different place to the rest of the fighters which are accross the street?

He's staying in Essex House by Central Park which is roughly 1km from MSG.

I'd probably walk it myself given the traffic in NY ..... Mind you i wouldn't be asked for a million autographs and selfies along the way :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement