Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »
    Worried about the absence of Sensei Portal its not a open workout without touch butt.

Ido is in NY with Conor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Is that him with short hair now?

Anyone notice he has no sparring partners with him this week, Roddy wouldnt usually do the flow sparring with him usually he has someone backstage on fight night to get ready with like Artem.

Is that him with short hair now?

Anyone notice he has no sparring partners with him this week, Roddy wouldnt usually do the flow sparring with him usually he has someone backstage on fight night to get ready with like Artem.

They are absolutely jammed in traffic LMAO after what i just said. Ido just posted a picture of it.

Told ya they should have walked. It's bumper to bumper. No wonder he's an hour late :D NY Traffic is 10 times worse than getting out of the quays after work on friday.

Edit: Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Conor half an hour late to Open Workouts. Can't blame traffic this time he's within walking distance from his hotel. :pac:

Turning up 5 maybe 10 mins late for the press conference is ok in my book but as Dana pointed out a while back he should respect other fighters time also. 30 or 40 mins late is too long

• Advertisement

Turning up 5 maybe 10 mins late for the press conference is ok in my book but as Dana pointed out a while back he should respect other fighters time also. 30 or 40 mins late is too long

To be fair the stream i was watching was on a time delay for some weird reason!!! So he was only 30 mins late.

Full workout: https://www.facebook.com/MMAheat/

Not sure about Ido's haircut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Turning up late to this and the previous pressers really disrespects his own fans time more than anyone

Traffic was mental to be fair but yeah the time keeping is the only thing about him that's changed. He was never late when making his way up.

I don't envy Roddy holding his pads....Conor caught him behind the ear with a spinning kick ahead of the Aldo fight and now today he caught him with a sharp left uppercut :pac: No damage but rather him than me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Head Wreck wrote: »
    Turning up late to this and the previous pressers really disrespects his own fans time more than anyone

All depends. Like I said 10 mins late I can live with. It builds suspense etc etc. But 40 + mins late not on. Unless there is a genuine reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Traffic was mental to be fair but yeah the time keeping is the only thing about him that's changed. He was never late when making his way up.

All depends. Like I said 10 mins late I can live with. It builds suspense etc etc. But 40 + mins late not on. Unless there is a genuine reason.

Traffic isn't a valid reason anyway. Everyone else makes it on time, why can't he. He probably has a reason for it, promotional or mind games, but it fckn annoys me big time

• Advertisement

On the flip side he was the only one really to take a lot of time out to go into the crowd to high five the fans and take selfies.

He looked in phenomenal shape and great form. Smiling, laughing, hugging, no drama. Whole team looked in great spirits.

I really think he's gonna be in ZEN-Aldo mode at the presser tomorrow. Relaxed, smiling, handshake with Eddie etc.

First comment: "If it was Jon Jones she would have shot him". Gotta love twitter.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/796392833620000768

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The MacLife have the best quality vids of the open workouts I've seen, other news sites are quite fair away and grainy.

Some things I noticed. He seems to be using a lot more feints than normal, good way to setup the left against a fighter like Alvarez who is going to use plenty of lateral movement to try and avoid it.

Plenty of teeps, and a good amount of body shots. Also we might see the return of the spinning back kick.

He seemed to use the knee to body when Roddy would mimic shooting. Roddy had great knees so it would be nice to Conor utilize them.

Of course these could be red herrings and he may not use any of them and just headhunt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Lukker- wrote: »
    The MacLife have the best quality vids of the open workouts I've seen, other news sites are quite fair away and grainy.

[

Your man needs to do a weekend living social course in camera operation. He's atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Your man needs to do a weekend living social course in camera operation. He's atrocious.

We get it you think he's bad, maybe shoot him a message on Instagram or something.

Still has better footage than all the other professional journos and photgraphers in attendance.

Lukker- wrote: »
    We get it you think he's bad, maybe shoot him a message on Instagram or something.

Still has better footage than all the other professional journos and photgraphers in attendance.

Colin is really good!! His Shinobi VLOGS were before their time and he's been a long-standing friend of Andy Ryan and John.

I think it's great that Conor is giving roles to all these guys who've been with him for a long time. Obviously, Marcos point goes without saying - Conor could afford to hire professionals if he wants to take it to another level. The Mac Life currently has 200,000 ish subscriptions on Youtube and is growing.

Comes back to the loyalty thing. It can be a blessing and a curse. Personally, i love it. I've no issues with the cinematography (for want of a better word). I'd like to see a bit more original content i.e. if Conor ever goes swimming with the pigs off the coast of the Bahamas that'd be the type of stuff that would interest me lol.

I dont think its his actual shooting thats the problem its the editing, if you watch any of Colin's old blogs of his own they are very well made ''shinobi blog'' is his youtube account I think.

Missed this. Artem is fighting next weekend and i presume Queally and Charlie Ward are helping him with that.

As for sparring partners ...... he has John, Owen, Dillon, Sergey and Ido to work with and roll with. I get what you're saying but the sparring is long over. It's just staying loose now for 2 days.

EDIT: Conor Wallace and Cian Cowley are heading out tomorrow, i'm sure if he's stuck he'd grab one of them.

Dillons eye is goosed lol. Says he took a nice slap in training from Conor :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Big Ben rothwell just congratulated mcgregor on twitter about becoming a dadddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Big Ben rothwell just congratulated mcgregor on twitter about becoming a dadddy.

https://twitter.com/RothwellFighter/status/796499605982736387

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hardly shocking is it. Everyone and their dog seems to think Dee is preggers

Tinie wrote: »

Strange a random ufc fighter is first to go public

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

She's either pregnant of taking the absolute piss in the K-Club's restaurant since they moved in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Strange a random ufc fighter is first to go public

He seems to be just guessing and im sure if Conor told him he would have kept quiet.

He seems to be just guessing and im sure if Conor told him he would have kept quiet.

He clarified "embedded #1 blatant obvious " so guess work it is

Anyone with common sense and decorum wouldn't post that! Mind you he is a heavyweight so maybe a few too many big shots to the head.

I know it's human nature to gossip but it's up to the expecting parents to announce that first.

Anyone with common sense and decorum wouldn't post that! Mind you he is a heavyweight so maybe a few too many big shots to the head.

I know it's human nature to gossip but it's up to the expecting parents to announce that first.

Hes speculating.

Hes speculating.

not anymore he ain't. I peer pressured him into deleting it :cool:

I like Ben seems like a good dude. I actually had a feeling he would have given Werdum a hard fight before his knee injury ruined it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Things heating up in NYC - No trouble yet but large protests starting to assemble across the us - wonder will this fight go ahead if sh1t hits the fan!!

I don't think it'll get too out of hand. Most liberal democrats upset right now are females, LGBT, Latinos and Immigrants. Not the typical demographic to wreck the place.

If Trump lost, on the other hand, with all his gun-nut supporters.... different kettle of fish altogether.

Had to laugh at Conor looking up at the skyscraper. Remember having that exact moment myself in the same spot. Makes ya dizzy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Best episode yet, Dee looked Preggers though especially in the face or as someone said she likes the K-club restaurant a little bit much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Best episode yet, Dee looked Preggers though especially in the face or as someone said she likes the K-club restaurant a little bit too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

where de fcuk is me Vloddy Rlog, come on Owen, I need me fix. Pronto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hes very good with his time with the fans. I love the way at the end of the 'mobbed by fans' macklife he comes out and in the middle of the scrum asks the reporter where is Nicaragua, genuinely wanting to know, thats typical of him!.

markc91 wrote: »
    Best episode yet, Dee looked Preggers though especially in the face or as someone said she likes the K-club restaurant a little bit too much

of course she is, wouldn't that explain the cryptic "the mcgregors" Plural tweet??

the female copper lost her shieet when she saw him. I thought it was very endearing to be honest.

rusty cole wrote: »
    the female copper lost her shieet when she saw him. I thought it was very endearing to be honest.

When i wrote my essay that day about the disabled guy in SBG meeting him, that was the type of joy he had on his face. I wasn't too far behind. It's hard to work out why he has that effect on people but i think it's definitely related to giving people hope. I think, in general, people like to see someone put in a lot of effort and achieve success. I certainly felt that way about the O' Donovans in the rowing too.

Conor presented with his ESPY here. If only Megan was single.....

When i wrote my essay that day about the disabled guy in SBG meeting him, that was the type of joy he had on his face. I wasn't too far behind. It's hard to work out why he has that effect on people but i think it's definitely related to giving people hope. I think, in general, people like to see someone put in a lot of effort and achieve success. I certainly felt that way about the O' Donovans in the rowing too.

yeah I agree, it's lovely to see. even with all the hyperbole, brash colourful language, swagger and ostentatious jewlery, he's still so much more likable than that BONO twat!

• Advertisement

yeah I agree, it's lovely to see. even with all the hyperbole, brash colourful language, swagger and ostentatious jewelry, he's still so much more likable than that BONO twat!

Best episode by far (so far). Dillon getting stuck into Joanna lol. Also some amount of love from the boys and girls of the NYPD. Also sneakily spotted Andrew McGahon rocking a SUIT!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This is actually mad. He's like the Pope or someone. The Police and all running across the roads to grab photos while on duty. Insane!

More power to him. :cool:

He has some patience for it, I know it comes with the success and money but how many photos can you take a day really is a credit to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

He has some patience for it, I know it comes with the success and money but how many photos can you take a day really is a credit to him.

it would drive me insane!

It's sometimes easy to forget how big a star he is. I remember years ago being on Grafton Street 4 days before Xmas and i spotted Michael Buble skulking around and got a quick picture. Then a huge group of carol singers (girls) spotted him and the whole street went mental chasing him up and down for photos, autographs and the like.

It's that level of fame now and continues to grow. He's got people like Drake and Kanye West and Ronaldo messaging HIM first because they're fans. I read an article somewhere a while back saying for athletes and celebrities, the UFC is their sport. It's the "In" thing right now and Conor is top of the pile.

Great to see Andrew McGahon with a slick haircut, wearing nice clothes and happy. He deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

It's so surreal to see Andrew in the background now and part of the entourage. Only a few weeks ago he was serving me whiskeys in a bar back home! :pac:

Duff wrote: »
    It's so surreal to see Andrew in the background now and part of the entourage. Only a few weeks ago he was serving me whiskeys in a bar back home! :pac:

Ah he won't forget his roots. These events are maybe 3 or 4 times a year, other than that i'm sure he'll be wandering around County Louth and Monaghan as usual. I do wonder whether he will switch gyms now for his jiujitsu? It might make more sense to train in SBG Concorde. Pain in the balls commute but the Mac Life gig might make it handier to work on his game down there or move a wee bit closer to Dublin. He must be getting close to Purple Belt at this stage or has he already made it? Anybody know?

The audio on the Mac Life interview he done with Helwani is truly horrific hope its sorted while 205 week is ongoing.

The audio on the Mac Life interview he done with Helwani is truly horrific hope its sorted while 205 week is ongoing.

Yeah Andrew said the microphone actually wasn't working but they have it fixed. He also tweeted to expect something big from him tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement