Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Best episode by far (so far). Dillon getting stuck into Joanna lol. Also some amount of love from the boys and girls of the NYPD. Also sneakily spotted Andrew McGahon rocking a SUIT!!

Deadly from Dillon. Haha. Good man. Get stuck in there. Conor is so good at that media stuff. Takes it all in his stride. I don't know how he does it. Constant cameras and photos and questions. He does have a lot more media distractions than any of the other guys which is always a worry. Good episode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

/end rant.

TL;DR : Conor - hire me i'll sort that sh1t out for you for free from my bedroom.

This whole post is about writing and grammar. I get that you are interested in writing but this is a thread about Conor McGregor, on an MMA forum. Your post is completely off topic (yes its about Mac Life but the whole thing is about grammar..), there is an off topic thread if you want to post there but please stop posting unrelated stuff in other threads - we discussed this already over pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMnZjfvD0U6/?taken-by=sergey_pikulskiy

Knew I spotted Ido with a hair cut the pony tail abuse has finally gotten to him Ha

All jokes aside hes a good wrestler for his first ever class,cant wait for his mma debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Axwell wrote: »
    This whole post is about writing and grammar. I get that you are interested in writing but this is a thread about Conor McGregor, on an MMA forum. Your post is completely off topic (yes its about Mac Life but the whole thing is about grammar..), there is an off topic thread if you want to post there but please stop posting unrelated stuff in other threads - we discussed this already over pm.

Conor McGregor owns The Mac Life. This is a Conor McGregor thread.

My post was highly critical about the standard of writing on the Mac Life and how it reflects on Conor McGregor.

How in Gods name you can deem that "Off-Topic" is beyond me - it couldn't be more "On Topic". If there was a thread for Manchester United football club, which there is, then surely people are allowed to criticise articles from the official club website which reflect badly on the club.

By your rationale deeming this "Off-Topic", nobody should even post Youtube links or articles from The Mac Life in this thread. The Mac Life is either fair game to discuss, analyse and debate (in here) or it isn't.

You can't arbitrarily decide what elements of The Mac Life people wish to discuss or how they relate to Conor McGregor.

Well, factually, you can and you just did by deleting my post (unfairly).

You've been great to me over PM's and i respect your moderation but you've got this one very wrong imo. If you're deleting my post then you must continue to delete all Mac Life talk from this thread or post a warning to not discuss The Mac Life. This thread is either about Conor McGregor or it isn't. If it is, then it includes everything from fighting, Call of Duty, celebrity friends to the Mac Life (videos to pictures to authors to writing). If it isn't, then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

By your logic you could also then legitimately discuss the web-design of McGregors website or similarly vaguely McGregor-related stuff.

There has to be a line. Dont think too many people here wanna wade through pages of guff about what some people perceive to be bad grammar.

No offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Cheers john; we got it the first time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

ASOT wrote: »
    Cheers john; we got it the first time. :pac:

I have no idea what happened there!! Weird!!

Literally posted what i was typing while I was still typing it. About 7 times!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Conor McGregor owns The Mac Life. This is a Conor McGregor thread.

My post was highly critical about the standard of writing on the Mac Life and how it reflects on Conor McGregor.

How in Gods name you can deem that "Off-Topic" is beyond me - it couldn't be more "On Topic". If there was a thread for Manchester United football club, which there is, then surely people are allowed to criticise articles from the official club website which reflect badly on the club.

By your rationale deeming this "Off-Topic", nobody should even post Youtube links or articles from The Mac Life in this thread. The Mac Life is either fair game to discuss, analyse and debate (in here) or it isn't.

You can't arbitrarily decide what elements of The Mac Life people wish to discuss or how they relate to Conor McGregor.

Well, factually, you can and you just did by deleting my post (unfairly).

You've been great to me over PM's and i respect your moderation but you've got this one very wrong imo. If you're deleting my post then you must continue to delete all Mac Life talk from this thread or post a warning to not discuss The Mac Life. This thread is either about Conor McGregor or it isn't. If it is, then it includes everything from fighting, Call of Duty, celebrity friends to the Mac Life (videos to pictures to authors to writing). If it isn't, then fair enough.

Listen - I moved your post first of all its not deleted. Secondly you werent discussing MMA, you were off an a rant about the grammar of the articles. Posting a video of the Mac Life for people to watch, thats fine..discussing whats in the video also fine. Writing a long rant about where people put comma's, apostrophes and use capitals and dont..completely unrelated and off topic. This thread is about Conor McGregor - it isn't about creative writing. End of - discuss the topic in the off topic thread or pm me but the discussion on it here is over.

John_D80 wrote: »
    By your logic you could also then legitimately discuss the web-design of McGregors website or similarly vaguely McGregor-related stuff.

There has to be a line. Dont think too many people here wanna wade through pages of guff about what some people perceive to be bad grammar.

No offence.
    100%.

I think people should be allowed call out the basic design of The Mac life website if they want to. It's Conor McGregors website ffs. It relates 100% to him.

Anyway, moving on.......

• Advertisement

lol class :)

Press Conference 8pm Irish time.

Still think it's bad form not having Chris Weidman on the main Presser, after all he has done campaigning to legalize the sport in NY.

lol class :)

Press Conference 8pm Irish time.

Still think it's bad form not having Chris Weidman on the main Presser, after all he has done campaigning to legalize the sport in NY.

Another clear sign nobody gets what they deserve in mma, being the company guy does not pay.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Another clear sign nobody gets what they deserve in mma, being the company guy does not pay.

He's been absolutely shafted this week. I was a little emotional watching him yesterday. You can tell he imagined being center stage after the countless hours he invested campaigning to legalize it. Instead he's sat 5 feet from Jeremy Stephens with barely any mainstream media coverage. Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Usually not into those type vids, but that is ****ing lush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's been absolutely shafted this week. I was a little emotional watching him yesterday. You can tell he imagined being center stage after the countless hours he invested campaigning to legalize it. Instead he's sat 5 feet from Jeremy Stephens with barely any mainstream media coverage. Sad.

He's a big lad, I'm sure if he beats Yoel he'll get to headline in NYC for the title.

Ronda did as much if not more than him to legalize MMA in NY and she is also not on the card.

Was listening to the talking brawls podcast today one of them brought up Tom Egan followed by a ''moving swiftly along''...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Where can we watch the presser live?

Axwell wrote: »

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh ouch!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Where can we watch the presser live?

usually on UFC's Youtube channel

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    Was listening to the talking brawls podcast today one of them brought up Tom Egan followed by a ''moving swiftly along''...

Lol.

Told ya. Something fishy going down! He's nowhere to be seen this week. For someone with Conors famous loyalty, it's perplexing that he wouldn't have the man who is at least 25% responsible for his entire career not being there. Without Egan there is no McGregor getting involved in MMA (in all likelihood). Ok without John there's defo no McGregor but still Egan is huge.

If he's not there saturday night there is something seriously fishy going down. I was whispered a rumour by someone who claims to know Egan but i'm gonna wait and see if he shows up Saturday first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Plot twise. Egan is the father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Lol.

Told ya. Something fishy going down! He's nowhere to be seen this week. For someone with Conors famous loyalty, it's perplexing that he wouldn't have the man who is at least 25% responsible for his entire career not being there. Without Egan there is no McGregor getting involved in MMA (in all likelihood). Ok without John there's defo no McGregor but still Egan is huge.

If he's not there saturday night there is something seriously fishy going down. I was whispered a rumour by someone who claims to know Egan but i'm gonna wait and see if he shows up Saturday first.

you cant just tease us like that! :D

I seem to remember artem calling him ''tv tom'' or something along those lines at one stage, think it was his severe sessions episode. Id say the problem, If there even is one, is money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Any sign of Ido? This is normally his part of the camp but I havent seen him in any of the vids from NY

Re : chris Weidman

I heard dana white going on about Khabib saying there's no way he cannot give him a title shot, he's worked so hard, or words to that affect. White says it's the right thing to do!! what a snake he is.. as if he's an authority on the RIGHT thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

rusty cole wrote: »
    Re : chris Weidman

I heard dana white going on about Khabib saying there's no way he cannot give him a title shot, he's worked so hard, or words to that affect. White says it's the right thing to do!! what a snake he is.. as if he's an authority on the RIGHT thing to do.

Dana White in being an utter **** shocker!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Any sign of Ido? This is normally his part of the camp but I havent seen him in any of the vids from NY

Nah not a glimpse of Ido in any videos ive seen.

never seen before have youz?? mad stuff. but funny at the end, good oul ariel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1528NypvXQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

It's sometimes easy to forget how big a star he is. I remember years ago being on Grafton Street 4 days before Xmas and i spotted Michael Buble skulking around and got a quick picture. Then a huge group of carol singers (girls) spotted him and the whole street went mental chasing him up and down for photos, autographs and the like.

It's that level of fame now and continues to grow. He's got people like Drake and Kanye West and Ronaldo messaging HIM first because they're fans. I read an article somewhere a while back saying for athletes and celebrities, the UFC is their sport. It's the "In" thing right now and Conor is top of the pile.

Great to see Andrew McGahon with a slick haircut, wearing nice clothes and happy. He deserves it.

Great episode :) ive watched that and the mob one and cant see Andrew, where abouts is he ?

Dillons a savage

Tinie wrote: »
    Nah not a glimpse of Ido in any videos ive seen.

He's in the last 2 on the Mac Life. He just cut his hair. His ponytail is gone. Look on the basketball court he's standing behind Dillon.

• Advertisement

I posted a video of him wrassling with Conor's coach a few pages back so dont worry touch butt will be going down in NYC.

''Get the money''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

He's in the last 2 on the Mac Life. He just cut his hair. His ponytail is gone. Look on the basketball court he's standing behind Dillon.

And he's in the latest embedded when Conor has the leather coat on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

rusty cole wrote: »
    never seen before have youz?? mad stuff. but funny at the end, good oul ariel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1528NypvXQ

Before when?? - only happened today!

Kabib is a tool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

xtal191 wrote: »

giphy.gif

He's really cashing in this week, to keep him in gucci for his year break :pac:

€2 is def within my budget lol but there's a lot of people unhappy that he's charging for this. I guess people are just used to emoji's being free.

As i said earlier, and i won't write an essay again (lol), ....fastest way to alienate your own fans is to exploit them.

Anyway, presser due up in 20 mins....... I'm gonna throw out a wild prediction that he'll be less than 15 mins late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

xtal191 wrote: »

a monster energy throwing emoji for only 2 quid? my life is now complete :D:D

Lads wait till you see how Conor is dressed for the press conference! hes dressed like a street pimp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackwigan

€2 is def within my budget lol but there's a lot of people unhappy that he's charging for this. I guess people are just used to emoji's being free.

As i said earlier, and i won't write an essay again (lol), ....fastest way to alienate your own fans is to exploit them.

Anyway, presser due up in 20 mins....... I'm gonna throw out a wild prediction that he'll be less than 15 mins late.

He's not charging for this app. AppMoji, Inc is.

Or maybe Einstein is charging for this app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appmoji.einsteinmoji&hl=en

CtZEJPCWAAACRiV.jpg

Strapped and ready for the press conference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Any idea how long the presser will last. Dont want it eating into the apprentice :o Im pumped for this now. One more night in work. off on a long weekend and a few tins in. Christmas does come twice a year:p

CtZEJPCWAAACRiV.jpg

Strapped and ready for the press conference

Any idea how long the presser will last. Dont want it eating into the apprentice :o Im pumped for this now. One more night in work. off on a long weekend and a few tins in. Christmas does come twice a year:p

It'll be about 45 mins including stare-downs but when Conor shows up is anyones guess.

Edit: Starting

Conor being late the biggest nailed on certainty of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Someone get a gif of Danas run on stage.

Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Alvarez is emotional

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Jeeeeeeesus! "Hide Chat".

Eddie is such a dork.

Alvarez is acting out a bit here already,forcing himself to be extroverted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Saipanne wrote: »
    Alvarez is emotional

Yeah he seems over the top

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement