Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Diaz will last longer than the choker cowboy anyways its not even a question Diaz was the fight to make,same way he had nobody to smash up but Siver,

Get the message they are all sacraficial lambs to the slaughter when they fight the goat,Remember the Aldo never been ko'd rubbish he was done in seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

ASOT wrote: »
    Pettis is medically suspended and wouldn't be cleared to fight, it was a toss up between Cerrone and Diaz both wouldn't be making 155 either way.

Cerrone would have had a good shot at making weight, a catch weight would have certainly been doable like was offered to Nate, Diaz was clearly the one they wanted, Dana said it, McGregor said it, Diaz said it, even squeezed more money out of them and got the weight limit eased if Conor is to be believed Frankie also said it.

Diaz is certainly the smarter choice from the UFC/McGregor POV, its no shame to say that.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gamebred wrote: »
    Get the message they are all sacraficial lambs to the slaughter when they fight the goat,Remember the Aldo never been ko'd rubbish he was done in seconds.

Lets just get one thing clear..the title of GOAT is and always will be reserved for Cathal Pendred..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I think Nate in shape could've been a competitive fight, he's got a great chin and his boxing isn't great but he lands a lot. Also got the BJJ threat. He's not in shape though, so I expect Conor to win without much bother. It'll be interesting to see how they do at 170 though.

Axwell wrote: »
    Lets just get one thing clear..the title of GOAT is and always will be reserved for Cathal Pendred..:pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuKYLrLJVO36fS_nkveZ61AmHOWNIxgJk-A2Qsw2dCHb7nOO8YRA

Very true man,a legend going out on the top as champ after clearing out 170 and 185.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Diaz with or without a fight camp is a much more interesting fight than Cerrone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

How long before UFC goes ppv here in Ireland and UK I wonder.. Half a million viewers watching a presser in someone's shed, madness!!

Anyone got link to the full presser? Only seen clips of it on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

evo2000 wrote: »
    Pulls out of the fight then talks **** about the choice of replacement... the man is a genius..

Pulls out....so you expect him to harden up and fight with a broken foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

ceecee14 wrote: »
    How long before UFC goes ppv here in Ireland and UK I wonder.. Half a million viewers watching a presser in someone's shed, madness!!

Anyone got link to the full presser? Only seen clips of it on twitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0Ze86N21ro

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »

No,but have some respect that Conor signed the bout agreement and showed up healthy ready to fight,something he failed to do,Apoligize to the fans and Conor would be decent of him,

I get hes probably trying to keep his name out there but its uncalled for,Aldo done the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

McGregor will always take the fight and I respect that, but the UFC had the chance to put in 2 guys who would've made it a better fight, but instead they went for a guy who's out of shape and not as capable. They'll say it's for the fans but we all know why they picked Nate.

Well out of Cerrone and diaz, diaz beat cerrone, but from a business stand point why risk ur cash cow on a really difficult irrelevant fight? why would mcgregor even accept that on short notice?

they are keeping the show going and giving fans a entertaining fight, job done imo

I expect him to stfu after leaving everyone in the **** 12 days out, his the one that ****ed up and had to pull out... apologize instead of sitting there talking ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Foxtrol wrote:
    He’s fighting a guy who can make LW but has fought at WW and has the height/frame to pack on muscle to stay up at WW consistently if he chose to.

It’s like saying there’s virtually no difference to Conor fighting Edgar at 155 than fighting him at 145 because they can both compete at that weight.

Fighting at WW is definitely more beneficial to Nate than Conor (obviously there’s other negatives for Nate given the short notice).
    He fought at WW 5 years ago. I think people confuse Nick and Nate's jumps between divisions. He is taller than McGregor, but he hasn't got a bigger frame imo. Certainly nowhere near the size of Lawlor, Lombard, Woodley, Conduit. Those guys are WW's.

The Edgar comment makes no sense. Conor is a division bigger than Edgar.
    A better example would be saying Edgar fighting Faber at LW gives Edgar a huge advantage because he fought there years ago when Faber was as BW.
    In reality FW or LW for that fight makes no difference. Same here.

I don't think 170 gives Nate any advantage (over Conor) compared to 155, or a catchweight. It's not like Nate is 190lbs. Not having to cut benefit Conor also.

The stepping up two divisions is media BS.
    Lukker-
    Conor walking around at 177 pounds this week, so he still has a 7 pound cut. Interesting that he was gonna cut 22 pounds fight week for Dos Anjos, still a pretty big cut.
    Sounds about right. I was guessing he's still need 5-10 to make WW.
    Where did that come from, out of curiosity. I'd be interested to kow what Nate is now and in the cage.

I expect him to stfu after leaving everyone in the **** 12 days out, his the one that ****ed up and had to pull out... apologize instead of sitting there talking ****.

Maybe you should stop following him on Instagram/Twitter then if it upsets you so much.

And how is him breaking his foot an example of him ****ing up? Accidents/injuries happen absolutely ridiculous to blame the athlete.

And he did apologise to his fans.

Maybe you should stop following him on Instagram/Twitter then if it upsets you so much.

And how is him breaking his foot an example of him ****ing up? Accidents/injuries happen absolutely ridiculous to blame the athlete.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Nice try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Maybe you should stop following him on Instagram then if it upsets you so much.

Bruised foot and broken vagina said Conor and I for one believe him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mellor wrote: »

Where did that come from, out of curiosity. I'd be interested to kow what Nate is now and in the cage.

MMA_Jim on twitter. Never heard of the guy tbh but he writes for the Irish Mirror and has had interviews with Conor and Dana

https://twitter.com/MMA_Jim/status/702391682613039104

mdwexford wrote:

You actually think a world champion fighter is afraid of another man?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Nice try!

Nice try on what? Are u mashing the keyboard with ur face again?

mdwexford wrote: »

Have you seen the pic of his foot? I doubt he can walk on it never mind fight.

• Advertisement

Nice try on what? Are u mashing the keyboard with ur face again?

I dont know how to break this too u but i really, really dont give a sh*t about ur opinion and id rather not enter into any sort of a debate with someone as clueless as urself on any matter.

People really having a go at RDA over this, ffs.

Conor looks in great shape, really thick and muscular. Can't wait to see how he fares bulked up with pretty much no weight cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Conor looks in great shape, really thick and muscular. Can't wait to see how he fares bulked up with pretty much no weight cut.

Cant help wonder does his speed and movement translate being that much bulkier,its a big jump to make and he looks so much thicker.

Can imagine him looking a lot slower in there than we are used to and tiring faster with that extra bulk,its pretty fast to jump up in weight like that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

The shít people receive for getting injured is an absolute joke. All these clowns giving them lip for it haven't a clue what it's like in a training camp.

You'd swear he kicked a lamppost and broke his foot. It was an accident. Give the guy some f*cking slack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

ceecee14 wrote: »
    You actually think a world champion fighter is afraid of another man?
    Have you seen the pic of his foot? I doubt he can walk on it never mind fight.

Cmon people it's a joke, everyone is too highly strung around here during McGregor fight build ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I also don't see anything wrong with RDAs tweet...

McGregor made it sound like he'd have to push his name back into contention for a fight, and he merely started that process.

newbbieb wrote: »
    Cant help wonder does his speed and movement translate being that much bulkier,its a big jump to make and he looks so much thicker.

Can imagine him looking a lot slower in there than we are used to and tiring faster with that extra bulk,its pretty fast to jump up in weight like that.

I highly doubt it, no weight cut will do wonders for his gas tank. Can't see him being any slower either, if he is it'll be marginal. He's only put on 7 lbs from his normal walkaround weight, which isn't monumental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Mellor wrote: »
    He fought at WW 5 years ago. I think people confuse Nick and Nate's jumps between divisions. He is taller than McGregor, but he hasn't got a bigger frame imo. Certainly nowhere near the size of Lawlor, Lombard, Woodley, Conduit. Those guys are WW's.

The Edgar comment makes no sense. Conor is a division bigger than Edgar.
    A better example would be saying Edgar fighting Faber at LW gives Edgar a huge advantage because he fought there years ago when Faber was as BW.
    In reality FW or LW for that fight makes no difference. Same here.

I don't think 170 gives Nate any advantage (over Conor) compared to 155, or a catchweight. It's not like Nate is 190lbs. Not having to cut benefit Conor also.

The stepping up two divisions is media BS.

To be fair, Nate could probably quite easily compete in featherweight and Nick at Lightwieght.

Nate fights at 155 because he’s comfortable and 170 when he’s feeling lazy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

What time do we expect this to start at and is there anywhere me and my mates can watch it Dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

TheNap wrote: »
    What time do we expect this to start at and is there anywhere me and my mates can watch it Dublin ?

It begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

D.Q wrote: »
    It begins.

Easy money for ASOT..........

TheNap wrote:

Tune in at 4:45 and you won't miss it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Has anyone ever watched the UFC while in Berlin Im going to be over there for the fight and was wondering If anywhere will be open late enough to show it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The shít people receive for getting injured is an absolute joke. All these clowns giving them lip for it haven't a clue what it's like in a training camp.

You'd swear he kicked a lamppost and broke his foot. It was an accident. Give the guy some f*cking slack.

Anyone giving Dos Anjos grief for being injured is a tool. But I think any stick he has gotten regarding his tweet about McGregor picking Diaz over Cowboy is deserved. 95% of fighters in McGregor's position would have not fought at all. He should be acknowledging that first and foremost. Although I'm sure it's just an attempt to bait McGregor and keep interest going for UFC 200.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Anyone giving Dos Anjos grief for being injured is a tool. But I think any stick he has gotten regarding his tweet about McGregor picking Diaz over Cowboy is deserved. 95% of fighters in McGregor's position would have not fought at all. He should be acknowledging that first and foremost. Although I'm sure it's just an attempt to bait McGregor and keep interest going for UFC 200.

Nah that's bull. I respect that Conor fights anyone anytime, he's got balls the size of melons, but in this situation he's trained and prepared, and he's going to fight an opponent who isn't at all. And he's still going to get paid a **** load. It's a great situation considering, the only small risk is that he loses and the RDA fight is gone, but that's small because 1. Nate's a good matchup for Conor and 2. He won't be in great shape.

Nah that's bull. I respect that Conor fights anyone anytime, he's got balls the size of melons, but in this situation he's trained and prepared, and he's going to fight an opponent who isn't at all. And he's still going to get paid a **** load.

Yeah 2 words Fabricio Werdum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dustin Poirier when in Dublin is another recent example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Whelo79 wrote: »

Dustin Poirier when in Dublin is another recent example.

Yeah and I don't think these lads should feel obligated to take whoever is thrown at them on short notice. They spend months preparing for a specific opponent and a loss could cost them big time in terms of a title run, new contract etc. It is their livelihood after all.

But I think it speaks volumes of Conor's attitude and mentality that he'll take the fight regardless. Sure he likes getting paid but he's also loyal to his fans who spend alot of money to support him, and he doesn't let them down. Whatever about this fight, taking the Mendes fight last summer was very risky considering the stylistic change and a loss would have ruined his title shot. And he had a very good reason with the injury if he wanted to back out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If you change opponents you are statistically more likely to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

D.Q wrote: »
    It begins.

:p

Lukker- wrote:
    If you change opponents you are statistically more likely to lose.

Conor beat 6 out of 6 changed opponents so stats don't mean poop

All the Tools and Clowns on here trying to justify RDAs stupidity, 99% of em havent a clue what there talking about and only realized mma existed when mcgregor appeared

1 week out from the most important fight of his life and he breaks his foot.. what a moron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

All the Tools and Clowns on here trying to justify RDAs stupidity, 99% of em havent a clue what there talking about and only realized mma existed when mcgregor appeared

1 week out from the most important fight of his life and he breaks his foot.. what a moron

Accidents happen. Get over it ffs it could have happened to anyone.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones... :rolleyes:

U shud put the stones down then good lad! :rolleyes:

Good reply..but it makes absolutely no sense, like the majority of the waffle you post.

You come on here a few days out before every Conor McGregor fight talking absolute nonsense, acting like you know everything about everything in MMA/UFC/Conor McGregor related and attack every poster who has a different opinion to you. You are the definition of the people you are commenting about.

Good reply..but it makes absolutely no sense, like the majority of the waffle you post.

You come on here a few days out before every Conor McGregor fight talking absolute nonsense, acting like you know everything about everything in MMA/UFC/Conor McGregor related and attack every poster who has a different opinion to you. You are the definition of the people you are commenting about.

Nonsense? be more like pinpoint accurate predictions! the people most guilty here of spouting nonsense are mainly the mods like urself, you d think ye d have to have a notion what yer on about before becoming mods but nope, just armchair bluffers,

Sorry to break it to you but I am not a mod on this forum..clue is beside my name. But go ahead attack the mods on here and keep digging a hole for yourself.

Sorry to break it to you but I am not a mod on this forum..clue is beside my name. But go ahead attack the mods on here and keep digging a hole for yourself.

Attacking the mods that passively aggressively go around refering to people as clowns and tools?

Digging a hole for myself as if i give a toss about boards lol what they gonna do ban me? oh no what will i ever do!

Besides i believe it was you the mod that attacked me, with low and behold a passive aggressive dig..

but go on we ll agree to disagree u ignore me and ill ignore u :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement