Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

evo2000 wrote: »
    All the Tools and Clowns on here trying to justify RDAs stupidity, 99% of em havent a clue what there talking about and only realized mma existed when mcgregor appeared

1 week out from the most important fight of his life and he breaks his foot.. what a moron
    U shud put the stones down then good lad! :rolleyes:
    Nonsense? be more like pinpoint accurate predictions! the people most guilty here of spouting nonsense are mainly the mods like urself, you d think ye d have to have a notion what yer on about before becoming mods but nope, just armchair bluffers,
    Attacking the mods that passively aggressively go around refering to people as clowns and tools?

Digging a hole for myself as if i give a toss about boards lol what they gonna do ban me? oh no what will i ever do!

Besides i believe it was you the mod that attacked me, with low and behold a passive aggressive dig..

but go on we ll agree to disagree u ignore me and ill ignore u :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well since you're intent on dragging the thread down spouting crap, you can have a few days off from the forum. Don't post in the same manner when you return.

Everyone else, just move on and post in a civil manner. Cheers.

Gamebred wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuKYLrLJVO36fS_nkveZ61AmHOWNIxgJk-A2Qsw2dCHb7nOO8YRA

Very true man,a legend going out on the top as champ after clearing out 170 and 185.

I got ain infraction last time his name was mentioned, just don't tempt me, I'd like to stay in:D his thread.

All the Tools and Clowns on here trying to justify RDAs stupidity, 99% of em havent a clue what there talking about and only realized mma existed when mcgregor appeared

1 week out from the most important fight of his life and he breaks his foot.. what a moron

correct in many ways, lads in my job couldn't wait for Aldo v McGregor and didn't even know edgar cracked mendes that weekend, nor the significance of same beating....weren't in the slightest bit interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Well since you're intent on dragging the thread down spouting crap, you can have a few days off from the forum. Don't post in the same manner when you return.

Everyone else, just move on and post in a civil manner. Cheers.

All hail the mighty El Guapo. Great decision. I was actually going to post asking for that lad to be banned. Axwell was dead right, he comes in here a week or two before every McGregor fight spouting nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

rusty cole wrote: »
    correct in many ways, lads in my job couldn't wait for Aldo v McGregor and didn't even know edgar cracked mendes that weekend, nor the significance of same beating....weren't in the slightest bit interested.

How is it correct? injuries happen. It's not always anybodies fault or anybodies "stupidity". You don't have to have any interest in MMA to know this. Stupid to blame RDA. Bones aren't unbreakable. A kick was checked, broken bone. It happens unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

stephenl15 wrote: »
    How is it correct? injuries happen. It's not always anybodies fault or anybodies "stupidity". You don't have to have any interest in MMA to know this. Stupid to blame RDA. Bones aren't unbreakable. A kick was checked, broken bone. It happens unfortunately.

Rusty hasn't mentioned injury. He's talking about McGregor fans v MMA fans.

eh put the guns away there lone ranger!!!
    I mean in terms of "some" hangers on, only been interested in MMA or as they call it UFC, as long as there's an irish star involved!!

I say some, not all, just some, hence correct in many ways!!

The injury thing since you're on the back "foot". I'll quote conor for ya "I couldn't give a f*ck"..., I do believe they happen so what's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

"f*ck you, i don't give a f*ck!" -nate diaz, 2016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

2 Things i wasnt particurlaly impressed with from that presser:

1. Mcgregor saying RDA had only bruised his foot. Quite clearly broken no need to say anymore about it.

2. After a reporters question about psychological warfare, Conor insists its all him, he only speaks the truth, that there is no mind games etc.

Yet time after time when he says something way below the belt eg Siver Nazi, he insists he was only playing around. Which is it Conor make up your mind ffs.

He clearly is playing games, its obvious for everyone to see. Why not just admit it. Lets face it if he really had the personality of being a dick , a lot of people would certainly think a lot less of him, Bringing an opponents kids into conversation just to score points against an opponent in a presser is scummy imo, as is referring to Siver as a Nazi etc. What im really trying to say is either be one or the other, not switch when it suits ya.

ha ha ha hilarious wasn't it.
    like some lad in the pub back home in Dublin getting lambasted for welshing on a bet.. no one does viscous banter like the Irish!!

on topic, anyone see this?

Looks like the Diaz brothers are trying to get under his skin and get him to fight emotionally. They are trying to stand up to McGregor who winds all his opponents up. Nick posted a link to a video on his twitter to an Australian who insinuates that McGregor is on steroids but doesn't actually say that he is. Its most likely click bait tactics by the Australian as any video that mentions McGregor on Youtube gets many more views. It is also very possible that he is a friend of the Diaz brothers. According to the Australian guy every athlete is on steroids, every athlete. In his videos he goes through pictures of athletes who have been caught pointing out the tell tale signs. i.e Hair loss, No hair loss and ripped muscular bodies and not having ripped muscular bodies!! His method of identifying gets a bit confused and contradictory but he seems to be enjoying himself. He himself admits that he has previously used steroids an it looks like it has had a big impact on his head, particularly on his hair as he seems to have a a doss of mange. He also argues that elite athletes should live on 30 Banana's a day. Oh and for all those click baited who may also want t buy a book on how to live like a vegan for $5 a day then he has one to sell them.

they guy lost credibility when I read AUSTRALIAN!!!!! not that there's any smoke or fire here anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

akelly02 wrote: »

1. Mcgregor saying RDA had only bruised his foot. Quite clearly broken no need to say anymore about it.

2. After a reporters question about psychological warfare, Conor insists its all him, he only speaks the truth, that there is no mind games etc.

Yet time after time when he says something way below the belt eg Siver Nazi, he insists he was only playing around. Which is it Conor make up your mind ffs.

He clearly is playing games, its obvious for everyone to see. Why not just admit it. Lets face it if he really had the personality of being a dick , a lot of people would certainly think a lot less of him, Bringing an opponents kids into conversation just to score points against an opponent in a presser is scummy imo, as is referring to Siver as a Nazi etc. What im really trying to say is either be one or the other, not switch when it suits ya.

he's a master at getting under people's skin. i don't think most people take half of the stuff he comes out with seriously, least of all himself

manual_man wrote: »
    he's a master at getting under people's skin. i don't think most people take half of the stuff he comes out with seriously, least of all himself

I know and i agree, thats why i dont like the way he keeps insisting its all him and there is no mind games, no thrash talk.

eh put the guns away there lone ranger!!!
    I mean in terms of "some" hangers on, only been interested in MMA or as they call it UFC, as long as there's an irish star involved!!

I say some, not all, just some, hence correct in many ways!!

The injury thing since you're on the back "foot". I'll quote conor for ya "I couldn't give a f*ck"..., I do believe they happen so what's your point?

Lone Ranger? Back foot? Come down off yourself there. You seem to have some feeling of superiority over me for some reason. No need to be a dick about it.

Anyway, the post you quoted was 100% about the injury and he mentioned the hangers on in reference to the injury. Which you said was correct in many ways. But yeah I do agree with you in regards to some of the fans being like that but the post was about RDA pulling out and the injury not about fans being uninformed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

I know and i agree, thats why i dont like the way he keeps insisting its all him and there is no mind games, no thrash talk.

Maybe by saying there is no mind games and thrash talk he is actually playing mind games and thrash talking ;)

if you let your guard down in a fight, you'll get stung. same goes for how he goes about the build-up to fights and the press conferences and smack-talk and all of it. i have no problem with it. i just think he's very clever, and very competitive with his words as he is with his fists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Does it drive anyone else nuts when people say 'thrash talk' instead of trash talk?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

You obviously don't get it,if he admits its all just mind games then it ceases to become any use for getting under peoples skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

I hope Nate pockets a stupidly big pay cheque for this.

I wonder is there a danger of Werdum/Fedor situation, Conor knocks Nate and jumps into finish him but gets caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

McG v Diaz has made it onto the BBC news app.

I always check this app when.I need to.kill.some time.and it's the first time any MMA related topic has showed up.

• Advertisement

Lone Ranger? Back foot? Come down off yourself there. You seem to have some feeling of superiority over me for some reason. No need to be a dick about it.

Anyway, the post you quoted was 100% about the injury and he mentioned the hangers on in reference to the injury. Which you said was correct in many ways. But yeah I do agree with you in regards to some of the fans being like that but the post was about RDA pulling out and the injury not about fans being uninformed.

It reads superior if you've an inferior mind, otherwise it's half banter half point making. I didn't mean to be a dick and I read your above post as borderline lets agree we were both wrong so on we go.

we're all good as they say in the states!

mdwexford wrote: »
    Does it drive anyone else nuts when people say 'thrash talk' instead of trash talk?:pac:

i was sure it was spelled trash talk but then i seen all of ye spell it thrash talk so i followed the crowd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

could be just me but the press conference made me less excited, Diaz seems so uninterested and basically there for the money ,
    Never seen him seem so unconfident,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

JJayoo wrote: »
    McG v Diaz has made it onto the BBC news app.

I always check this app when.I need to.kill.some time.and it's the first time any MMA related topic has showed up.

The un beaten feather weight champion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

could be just me but the press conference made me less excited, Diaz seems so uninterested and basically there for the money ,

Probably why it doesn't matter is because everyone knows on fight night he's gonna come and have a go,and will go down fighting if he goes down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

i was sure it was spelled trash talk but then i seen all of ye spell it thrash talk so i followed the crowd!!

No its chrowd. You followed the chrowd...

• Advertisement

Haha just seen video of Nick saying if nate didn't take fight he would have @170lb.

Was only thinking last night be mad if it was nate v Conor and gunnar v Nick

and who in their right mind would turn down a big pay-day in his position. anyway i thought he handled the presser pretty well. he may not be the most eloquent of speakers, but he seemed wise to McGregors tactics and didn't seem fazed by it. he was impressive in his last fight against Michael Johnson, so as long as he's kept himself in shape, we could be set for a pretty decent fight

I hope this goes to ground as good an all as nates boxing is, he won't last long with conor. Bjj is his best hope here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

He doesn't like all that press conference stuff. Come on people know your Diaz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I think Conor enjoyed the press conference more cos he knew Diaz could handle the **** talk and give a bit back. Looked like he was having great craic.

Plus I think it's the first time I've heard him say he has respect for his opponent before the fight, he seems to like the Diaz's.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Some absolute garbage posted lately this new thread is cursed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Plus I think it's the first time I've heard him say he has respect for his opponent before the fight, he seems to like the Diaz's.

For sure he does, I think it was after the Holloway fight when he was being interviewed after and he asked what were some of the positives of coming to the US were and what he was looking forward to doing there in the future. One of the first things he said was he would like to train with the Diaz brothers.

Nick and Nate are the only other true flim flam boxers in the UFC and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Conor's goading style while fighting is a bit inspired from the likes of Nick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Davei141 wrote: »
    He doesn't like all that press conference stuff. Come on people know your Diaz.

I know that but he normal still comes across confident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

I like his mental strength, his confidence, his work ethic - and I don't mind the banter ... but why bring that he has loads of money every few mins into it ?
    smacks of immaturity and insecurity - which is really paradoxical with this guy.

People get offended too easily by **** going on in mma (its a sports entertainment business) im guilty of it myself,couldnt care what McGregor talks about or anyone else Diaz saying everyone is on steroids ect couldnt care less their only trying to get viewers by **** talking,when you meet 99% of fighters they are very cool and down to earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I know that but he normal still comes across confident

He is like that quite a lot. I thought he came across pretty well and chilled out. Certainly played his part in a hugely entertaining presser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

To be fair rda's injury could be a stupid injury. If he was throwing 100% kicks out this close to the fight. But thats only something his camp knows. But its not up to me judge others training techniques.

I sprained my foot badly in light sparing before a fight. Foot got caught between someones neck and shoulder. Twat decided to kick my other leg from under me.

Took about 12 weeks to be able to kick on it at 100%.

**** happens.

Diaz to pocket an easy million and to **** off to bellator.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its a few days out before a McGregor fight. This is the norm and there is always going to be an influx of interest, the return of the people on the bandwagon, the return of those looking to put down McGregor and an increase in the ratio of garbage to normal posts! Its all part of the experience. :pac:

In fact I would go as to say this is even mild compared to whats been posted before other fights :D

It reads superior if you've an inferior mind, otherwise it's half banter half point making. I didn't mean to be a dick and I read your above post as borderline lets agree we were both wrong so on we go.

we're all good as they say in the states!

Haha cheers man. Suppose I took your reply to me too seriously didn't really see the banter to it at the time :P Apologies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Axwell wrote: »
    Its a few days out before a McGregor fight. This is the norm and there is always going to be an influx of interest, the return of the people on the bandwagon, the return of those looking to put down McGregor and an increase in the ratio of garbage to normal posts! Its all part of the experience. :pac:

In fact I would go as to say this is even mild compared to whats been posted before other fights :D

Less than 24 hours since the other thread shut & this thread has about 20 pages(of sh*te lol) and its still 9 days to the fight :eek: I'm not even attempting to read through it and think its about time not to bother with the McGregor thread :D See y'all in here in about 3 weeks when things calm down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Oh sweet sweet irony.

John_D80 wrote: »
    Oh sweet sweet irony.

I know more about martial arts than 99% of the morons posting rubbish on here about RDA's injury,I might be a Conor fanboy alright but im not ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I know more about martial arts than 99% of the morons posting rubbish on here about RDA's injury,I might be a Conor fanboy alright but im not ignorant.

Good for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Here we go again,

The usual, I know more about MMA than you or I've been watching it longer than any of you :rolleyes::rolleyes: No one cares and it's so childish

Must be a full moon all the clowns online today,

anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

anyways

Well done Conor, about time someone spoke the truth to one of them TMZ clowns. All I ever see them do is bother famous sportspeople at airports at inconvenient times, forcing a camera onto them and expecting them to respond.

Vile human beings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

anyways

Good man Conor, calling them out on their baiting bullsh*t. Probably the same clowns asking the fighters what they were going to spend the money on. Surprised they didn't ask them "who they were wearing".

Sensei segal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That video is epic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod:
    This thread is only 24 hours old and already we've had 2 posters yellow carded and one poster forum banned and then subsequently site banned.
    Childish bullshít isn't going to be tolerated in this thread. The last 2 McGregor threads have been a mess, let's try keep this one civil.
    Use common sense when posting and don't be a dick.

Gamebred, as already stated in the OP, this rubbish isn't welcome in the forum either. Give it a rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement