Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 2). **Read warning in 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Enjoyable watching the two of them but Nate talks like he's taken a few too many blows to the head

Speech impediment!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Same idiot talking to Nate and Nick after the press conference

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

;;Would you be interest in Justin Bieber walking you out to the ring''

Jesus christ almighty them TMZ guys I would not be sad if ISIS ran amuck in that office like the paps their leeches of society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

akelly02 wrote: »
    2 Things i wasnt particurlaly impressed with from that presser:

1. Mcgregor saying RDA had only bruised his foot. Quite clearly broken no need to say anymore about it.
    TnC7quO8.jpeg
    JJayoo wrote: »
    McG v Diaz has made it onto the BBC news app.

I always check this app when.I need to.kill.some time.and it's the first time any MMA related topic has showed up.

BCC just bought the rights to european and overseas UFC events, most likely why it's suddenly appear. This weekends event is on BBC3 afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

McGregor has been ducking me from day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

WarZ wrote: »
    McGregor has been ducking me from day one.

Yeah right,He sent the p4p #2 running when they met dont believe you

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Gamebred wrote: »
    ;;Would you be interest in Justin Bieber walking you out to the ring''

That would actually be hilarious if that happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Sports Illustrated - Conor McGregor Unfiltered

http://bcove.me/fjjamr39

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

xtal191 wrote: »

Fook me, that was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Just saw this video and had to post it.

https://www.facebook.com/boylesports/videos/vb.358618877276/10153957162432277/?type=2&theater&notif_t=comment_mention

I can see why foreign fans wouldn't like McGregor, he's brash and talks sh1t to every opponent, but I can't understand why some Irish people don't like him. I've never heard another Irish athlete or even an Irish celebrity speak so much about the love they have for this country as much as Conor McGregor.

Its refreshing to see a high profile athlete speak so proudly of Ireland. I honestly don't think we'll ever see another Conor Mcgregor type athlete come from this country.

xtal191 wrote: »

F*ck you Xtal!!! I'm in work with no speakers and just opened that link, first minute of it has me amped ta fu*k!!!

Now I have to go through the day curious as f*ck to see that video. looks great, and it would with sports illustrated paying. thanks, I'll look forward to watching this tonight. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

hefferboi wrote: »
    Just saw this video and had to post it.

https://www.facebook.com/boylesports/videos/vb.358618877276/10153957162432277/?type=2&theater&notif_t=comment_mention

I can see why foreign fans wouldn't like McGregor, he's brash and talks sh1t to every opponent, but I can't understand why some Irish people don't like him. I've never heard another Irish athlete or even an Irish celebrity speak so much about the love they have for this country as much as Conor McGregor.

Its refreshing to see a high profile athlete speak so proudly of Ireland. I honestly don't think we'll ever see another Conor Mcgregor type athlete come from this country.

Not everyone who is Irish loves the country (me for example).

But I did watch that video earlier this morning and it gave me a good vibe about the place and brought my opinion of Conor up in my books. Great to see that he still cares and has time for everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Master Zahabi gives his breakdown on McGregor Diaz fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Master Zahabi gives his breakdown on McGregor Diaz fight.

Love his breakdowns. Starts at 7.40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Damn that dude speaks well!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

I am a massive McGregor fan, I get up to watch all his fights. I am someone who never even heard of MMA a few years ago, someone who doesn't even think the sport is entertaining. Many of my friends are the very same. Yet he makes us excited to get up at stupid hours to watch him fight. I admire an athlete who does that but I've a query, if McGregor says the game is nothing without him, (which is true in Ireland i think) why can't he demand a fight in the o2 or Croker? I dislike MMA but I would definitely pay 100+ to go to that event. It would be a sell out without question!!!! I've been at 10 All-Irelands, many Irish rugby and soccer games but the atmosphere at this would beat them all I think. I am a student and can't afford to go to Vegas like many on this thread I'm sure. Just curious as to why CMcG can't just make this call???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Three letters, PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Firas is great, classy guy just like GSP. Cut from the same cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

PáircLife wrote: »
    I am a massive McGregor fan, I get up to watch all his fights. I am someone who never even heard of MMA a few years ago, someone who doesn't even think the sport is entertaining. Many of my friends are the very same. Yet he makes us excited to get up at stupid hours to watch him fight. I admire an athlete who does that but I've a query, if McGregor says the game is nothing without him, (which is true in Ireland i think) why can't he demand a fight in the o2 or Croker? I dislike MMA but I would definitely pay 100+ to go to that event. It would be a sell out without question!!!! I've been at 10 All-Irelands, many Irish rugby and soccer games but the atmosphere at this would beat them all I think. I am a student and can't afford to go to Vegas like many on this thread I'm sure. Just curious as to why CMcG can't just make this call???

Off topic but just guessing that as a student who has been to ten all Ireland's you must be from Kilkenny or maybe Kerry?? ;-)

Am I right??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Firas is great, classy guy just like GSP. Cut from the same cloth.

I was gonna say Canadians are generally very nice people and very personable. But I'm not even sure if firas is Canadian, is he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

John_D80 wrote: »
    Off topic but just guessing that as a student who has been to ten all Ireland's you must be from Kilkenny or maybe Kerry?? ;-)

Am I right??

He could of been selling hotdogs .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mellor wrote: »
    TnC7quO8.jpeg

BCC just bought the rights to european and overseas UFC events, most likely why it's suddenly appear. This weekends event is on BBC3 afaik

i cant see the pic im in work and it wont load!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Conor talking to those funky Fox cats

EDIT: Brett Okamoto interview too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Mellor wrote:

Bisping v Silva is live on BBC3? Anyone confirm this.. What number is bbc3 on the sky box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

ceecee14 wrote: »
    Bisping v Silva is live on BBC3? Anyone confirm this.. What number is bbc3 on the sky box

I think BBC 3 is now an on-line only channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

No it's definitely not. Fight Pass exclusive. The UFC London thread has some discussion re BBC3, it's gone to online only but will have event discussion and interview I think.

Easy Rod wrote:
    No it's definitely not. Fight Pass exclusive. The UFC London thread has some discussion re BBC3, it's gone to online only but will have event discussion and interview I think.

Cheers. Thought as much.. I have fight pass anyway but not the same watching it on my phone

Easy Rod wrote:

Cheers. Thought as much.. I have fight pass anyway but not the same watching it on my phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Mellor wrote: »
    Dancor wrote: »
    I think BBC 3 is now an on-line only channel.

BBC Three bought rights to live commentary and post fight interviews. BT Sports still hold the rights to live coverage of TV events.

UFC Fight Night London is on UFC Fight Pass only so BT won't be showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Get a chromecast and cast it from your phone to the tv.

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Get a chromecast and cast it from your phone to the tv.

I have a Chromecast, but no WiFi and my phone won't tether

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCPz59ZLzid/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma

Conor looks very quick moving about at the weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

John_D80 wrote: »

Am I right??

Dead right! From Kilkenny, sick of All-Irelands down here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I know I'd be pretty fast if I had Ido Portal trying to smack me with a huge dildo:pac:

• Advertisement

I know I'd be pretty fast if I had Ido Portal trying to smack me with a huge dildo:pac:

Its SENSEI Portal! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

What was Portal thinking stood at the side of that press conference when Diaz said he trains with nobody.......what a smackhead probably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So this fight will be live on BBC3 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UFC added a couple of free fights

1 of the best nights of my life

How Maynard stayed standing in this is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    How Maynard stayed standing in this is beyond me

Jaysus, unreal. I watched a few of Diaz's fights last night, & then watched the RDA/Diaz fight....RDA annihilated him, the chap is a class act, a total animal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭newbbieb

Myrddin wrote: »
    Jaysus, unreal. I watched a few of Diaz's fights last night, & then watched the RDA/Diaz fight....RDA annihilated him, the chap is a class act, a total animal

Completely different Diaz that fought Johnson in December to the one that fought RDA,the RDA fight he missed weight looked sloppy and out of shape and not too interested.He was smack bang in the middle of his contract dispute then,wanted the UFC to free him up from his contract,but he came in motivated and in shape for the Johnson fight,when he got the rumours of a fight with Conor he knew one good performance puts him in with a shot of that big payday fight,and he was right.

see that last thrust forward, conor throws that clean overhand counter that ended Aldo.
    you throw that enough times and muscle memory alone will fire the shot, gas!!!
    If he beats diaz, me thinks Rockwell will be signing up for yer mans movement classes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

PáircLife wrote: »

Doesn't think the sport is entertaining.
    You dislike MMA.
    You are your friends are the very definition of bandwagoners so.

yeah I agree, it's the same as watching football cos you like David beckhams new hairstyle, it excites you!!!

it's more an infatuation than an interest in the sport itself, if he lost a fight they'd be staying in bed so from now on!! take down your free sunday world mcgregor posters, there'll be a new cult of personality coming soon to an TV near you, they'll peak your interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

mdwexford wrote: »
    Doesn't think the sport is entertaining.
    You dislike MMA.
    You are your friends are the very definition of bandwagoners so.

Is there an issue with people jumping on the bandwagon?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Is there an issue with people jumping on the bandwagon?

Why did you single out one line, read the post as a whole.

If it gets the sport new fans who enjoy it then brilliant.

People who just watch until McGregor gets beaten and don't like MMA or don't find the sport entertaining go can fcuk off in my personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

Genuinely lol'd at this

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

mdwexford wrote: »
    Why did you single out one line, read the post as a whole.

If it gets the sport new fans who enjoy it then brilliant.

People who just watch until McGregor gets beaten and don't like MMA or don't find the sport entertaining go can fcuk off in my personal opinion.

Would've been easier to just answer the original question rather than add your name to the lengthy list of people that keep ignoring the mods around here.

Would've been easier to just answer the original question rather than add your name to the lengthy list of people that keep ignoring the mods around here.

I did answer the question.

I am not ignoring any mods, I gave my opinion which I am allowed to do.

More new fans is how the sport will grow, people who hate the sport and just watch McGregor aren't fans so won't be any loss.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement