Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaking iSub G

• 24-02-2016 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi folks,
    I recently purchased an iTaste MVP Pro 3.0 which came with an iSub G tank. I'm very happy with mod but I have a problem with the tank leaking. During the day it sometimes leaks juice into the bottom part of the tank and on to the mod and my hand. If I unscrew the bottom part of the tank and dry up all the liquid with a tissue it will stay dry for a while but eventually starts leaking again. Is this a common problem with all sub ohm tanks or is it just mine. I spoke to the man in the shop where I bought it and he said it happens with most tanks. Has anyone found a tank that doesn't leak?
    Thanks for any comments you have.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

declantm wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I recently purchased an iTaste MVP Pro 3.0 which came with an iSub G tank. I'm very happy with mod but I have a problem with the tank leaking. During the day it sometimes leaks juice into the bottom part of the tank and on to the mod and my hand. If I unscrew the bottom part of the tank and dry up all the liquid with a tissue it will stay dry for a while but eventually starts leaking again. Is this a common problem with all sub ohm tanks or is it just mine. I spoke to the man in the shop where I bought it and he said it happens with most tanks. Has anyone found a tank that doesn't leak?

I have a number of different sub ohm tanks & none of them leak,I have never tried the iSub G tank so I can't advise you on that.
    Most sub ohm tanks will have condensation come through the air hole & onto your mod but never leaking juice onto the mod & hands,saying that,I purchased a Bellus because it had very good airflow & taste but it seeped liquid through the air hole & down the side of the tank after each fill from the top,it was annoying for awhile & then it would stop seeping,it was a vacuum problem when using the top fill.To fix that seeping I always fill it from the bottom & it is as dry as a bone.
    The best for me is the Cleito,no leaks & still using the same coil for a month now,the best TC tank for me again is the ego one mega with Ti coil,you'll get a good couple of months out of that coil.
    All the other tanks like the Triton,Kanger Subtank mini or Plus,Melo,Atlantis to mention a few,I have no probs with any of these & some are a couple of years old now & still using them,but they all have a slight bit of condensation through the air hole,I wipe the mod at every fill & that's that til the next fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

declantm wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have an isubg tank and to be honest I haven't had any leaking. As said in the previous post, condensation yes, but leaking no. Have you checked your coil is in tight enough. Could be a little loose, and as the bottom of the coil is the 510 connection it might explain the juice leaking into your MVP. Otherwise it could just be a dodgy coil. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 declantm

Thanks for the replies folks. It looks like it's a problem with my specific iSub G tank. I might try bringing back to the shop I bought it and see if they might give me another one. I really like the iSub G design, having the 501 connector built into the coil I think is a great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I find sub tanks are prone to leaking if standard juice, 70/30 pg/vg is used. Less leaking if 30/70 pg/vg.
    I have an isub G and it rarely leaks, if I chain vape the juice can get hot and thin, then a little seeping occurs, not enough to loose a tank of juice but enough to get your fingers and mod greasy.
    Good tank though, easy to replace the cotton and revitalize the coil which lasts ages anyway.

Just on the isubg and not looking to derail the thread, but anyone hear of an Irish vendor doing the RBA for it? It can be got in the uk from vampire Vape but checking if its available closer to home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I recently got a kayfun mini v3 and have been using it for the past couple of weeks. It doesn't like, unless it's down to user error i.e. not closing off the juice flow before top filling, which I've done a few times. Great tank, granted it's not really designed for direct to lung inhales but suits me as I much prefer the mtl. I also have a few eGrips on the go with the rba base and also don't leak provided you keep the liquid topped up. It does tend to leak if you run it to almost empty. It must be down to vacuum issues.

I have a subtank mini which leaks a lot from time to time so I tend not to use it. The only other tanks I have used in the past that never leaked were the kayfun lite pluses. Again, not a direct to lung tank.

TinCool wrote: »
    I recently got a kayfun mini v3 and have been using it for the past couple of weeks. It doesn't like, unless it's down to user error i.e. not closing off the juice flow before top filling, which I've done a few times. Great tank, granted it's not really designed for direct to lung inhales but suits me as I much prefer the mtl. I also have a few eGrips on the go with the rba base and also don't leak provided you keep the liquid topped up. It does tend to leak if you run it to almost empty. It must be down to vacuum issues.

I have a subtank mini which leaks a lot from time to time so I tend not to use it. The only other tanks I have used in the past that never leaked were the kayfun lite pluses. Again, not a direct to lung tank.

Yeah the kayfun v4 is the tank I use 80% of the time. Even though they're clones (3 of them) I've had no real issue with them. Solid mtl tanks also. Other than that I use an orchid v4, again no issues with leaking unless I top fill which you're not supposed to do anyway, and the isubg which I haven't had any issues with either touch wood!
    Was it an original svoemesto mini you got tin cool?

Advertisement