Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Society Outing - Bunclody Golf & Fishing Club

• 24-02-2016 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭

Ding Ding, Round 2 !

We are next out at Bunclody Golf & Fishing Club on Saturday the 19th of March. Slightly earlier start, with the first group out at 10.00.

We have 36 slots booked and will be out again in 3 balls (unless we have more than 36). Fee is €35 for members and €45 for visitors.

I will send teamer invites on Friday, I know its a bit early but with ut being so close to St. Patrick's Day I wanted to get a feel for numbers.

For me Bunclody is the best new course in Ireland in the past 10 years (haven't played Concra yet) The last 5 holes are just class.

Flybys Here

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

I'm meant to have a league game that day unfortunately but if things change I'll definitely be there. Dying to get bk to meet all the old and new faces, this year's fixtures are going against me compared to last year unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ding Ding, Round 2 !

We are next out at Bunclody Golf & Fishing Club on Saturday the 19th of March. Slightly earlier start, with the first group out at 10.00.

We have 36 slots booked and will be out again in 3 balls (unless we have more than 36). Fee is €35 for members and €45 for visitors.

I will send teamer invites on Friday, I know its a bit early but with ut being so close to St. Patrick's Day I wanted to get a feel for numbers.

For me Bunclody is the best new course in Ireland in the past 10 years (haven't played Concra yet) The last 5 holes are just class.

Flybys Here

J

I'm a member there guys and the course has held up very well all during the winter.

Enjoy the day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Yep I'm in for this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Enjoy lads - away fro most of March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Same as Fix, won't be around for most of March, so unfortunately I have to give this one a miss.

Enjoy, I'll be back to try climb the table in April hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Looking forward to this outing. A bit of sunshine would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Wont make this one either J.
    Late trip booked to the Cotswolds. Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Teamer invites went out today.

J

Teamer invites went out today.

J

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Great course, came off it amazed at its youth, I mean it's got a lift to 18, a freaking lift!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

slave1 wrote: »
    Great course, came off it amazed at its youth, I mean it's got a lift to 18, a freaking lift!!!!!!

It's some treck to the 18 when that lift is out :(

I was lucky enough to be working with Jeff Howes when he was building the course, it was a great learning curve. Some great design elements, he took it over late in the process and turned what was a run of the mill layout into a great track and a tonne of fun to play.

Here is my short guide.

1/ par 5, up the hill, avoid the bunkers and it's an easy enough hole, all in fron of you.

2/ tough par 4, racing line is down the right, hug the bunkers and it's a short second in but brings the water in play on the second shot. Down the left leaves a longer second but a safer line in. Water all on the left if the green.

3/ par 5 dogleg left. Water all down the right and ob in the tree line left. Such a tight driving hole, opens up for the second, big bunkers short right of the green.

4/ short par 4, downhill, tough green.

5/ par 3, a shot for the drawers of the ball, anything missed right is wet, big bail out area on the right.

6/ here you cross the road and it's like entering a new course, inspiration here is pine valley, if I remember correctly there is 50 bunkers on the next 4 holes. 6 is a strong dogleg left, drive to the right side of the turn is a good line, leaves a shirt enough shot into a green angle away from you, watch out for the pot bunker dead centre in front of the green.

7/ straight forward par 3, the acre of sand makes it look harder than it is.

8/ great par 5 running the length of the river on the right, kinda if like the 11th at hermitage. You need to drive between a gap in the trees, again looks tougher than is. I would recommend aim right, there 16 bunkers up the hill on the left. Second shot is a split fairway, avoid the bunkers and birdie us on.

9/ great risk reward par 4, it's drivable but with the 16 bunkers left and ob right you need to be straight. Has a phone so you can call in your food order for the 10th

The bunkers from 6 to 9 are waste areas so you can ground your club.

10/ back into the old pasture land, so a little more open. Handy par 4 up the hill, stay right and a good look into the green, left is shorter but brings the 3 bunkers at the turn into play.

11/ straight forward par 4, slightly uphill, slight dog leg left

12/ great driving hole, open your shoulders and swing away, trees all the way up the right big bunker complex on the right of the green so stay left on the second.

13/ if you are not scoring well to here, this is your last real chance until 17. Handy enough driving hole, all about the long second into a tough long green set in the middle of the trees, big drop off on the right side if the green.

14/ great par 3, there is no real spot to miss, left and you are on the siðe of a hill, same if you are long and 3 massive bunkers on the right. Thank good it's only 180 yards !!

15/ what a great finishing 4 holes, aim for the right side of the big tree in the centre of the fairway, will leave you a long iron into a great green protected by a meandering stream at the front. Nothing wrong with being in the bunkers at the back.

16/ best hole on the course, if you can aim at the right bunkers with a wee draw, that will take the river on the left out of play. Don't go too far right, anything past the bunkers will be deep grass and a wicked hanging lie. The water is closer to the green than it looks.

17/ a brief respite, handyish par 3, just one pot bunker on the right. Here you take the left up to the 18th green, some great views on the way up.

18/ short par 5 to finish, kind of blind tee shot, you will only see the top of the hill from the tee, you need to be left if you are going for it in two, big lake protects the green on the left.

One of the best clubhouses in the country.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I loved this course, played it 2 years ago and thought wow for the value. Clubhouse and food is excellent and a nice hotel across the road from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Unfortunately will miss this, pity as I'm going for 3 in a row!

Heard it's a class course so enjoy, I'll be thinking of ye when I'm downing green pints of Guinness :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I'm downing green pints of Guinness :)

Sick bastard :eek:

Just a quick reminder that if you want to play but have not accepted on teamer please let me know.

We have 23 accepted, 12 declined and 57 no replies.

We have 36 slots booked and I will need to cancel any unfilled slots by the wednesday before we play.

Dont forget, visitors welcome.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

shaunac93 wrote:
    I'm meant to have a league game that day unfortunately but if things change I'll definitely be there. Dying to get bk to meet all the old and new faces, this year's fixtures are going against me compared to last year unfortunately.

Talks of match being changed to Paddys day so I'll hopefully make bunclody! Will give you definate asap J

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

This weekend is the last week of our spring league with the final taking place on the 20th of March. I'll let you know early next week whether I can make it or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Hopefully my new irons will be ready or I'll have to borrow a set from someone!!! Ordered yesterday so should be here.

I'm looking at this weekend as the start of the season proper as we have our first medal the day after - golf two days in a row :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

charlieIRL wrote: »
    new irons

Just had Dega Déjà Vu

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Just had Dega Vu

Long story, I'll fill you in at Bunclody!! New M2's on the way, can't wait!!:)

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Long story, I'll fill you in at Bunclody!! New M2's on the way, can't wait!!:)

I've never actually played a society outing with you. Hopefully this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Just had Dega Vu

8068-14542.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

Late teetimes for myself and recycled please

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭3putt

Going to have to pull out of this one . First one I've missed in a long time and I'm gutted as I was looking forward to playing this course . Enjoy everyone . See you all next month.

paulos53 wrote: »
    Late teetimes for myself and recycled please

No problem, gonna do the time sheet tomorrow anybody have tee time requests?

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bobster453

No problem, gonna do the time sheet tomorrow anybody have tee time requests?

J

Hi J
    Mid to late would be good for me, have a bit of a lie in til 730 maybe

Am easy on a time but it's a 2:20 drive for me so not too early!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads considering I'm not going - could any of the newcomers win this and lads in the bottom of the table pick up the top spots.

Already working the permutations of GOTY :D

I am working in the club the night before so will be staying over if anyone is around for pints

J

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭doublecross

Long drive so late tee time would be appreciated . Tx

somewhere middle of timesheet would suit me please.

pints

El Capitan possibly out of the running for this one :D

Here is the time sheet.

Time Sheet

If there is anyone else thinking of playing please let me know as I will be canceling the 4 remaining slots on Monday.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm just after declining and I reaccepted

Thought I was away, but I got the weekends mixed up.

Really looking forward to this!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Damien M

Won't know re work until midweek. What's last tee time?

Damien M wrote: »

J

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Damien M

J
    Add your reply here.
    OK thought there was 36 slots was aiming for much later tee off...

Add your reply here.
    OK thought there was 36 slots was aiming for much later tee off...

Only 23 people accepted so the last 4 slots are empty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Quahog217

Im hoping to be free on Saturday to play this, is it too late?

Quahog217 wrote: »
    Im hoping to be free on Saturday to play this, is it too late?

Plenty of spaces left. You are more than welcome.

J

Plenty of spaces left. You are more than welcome.

J

Count me in so please, what tee times are left?

Count me in so please, what tee times are left?

We have times from 10 to 10.56.

Are you thinking of joining the society or playing as a guest ?

J

We have times from 10 to 10.56.

Are you thinking of joining the society or playing as a guest ?

J

I'll probably just play as a guest if that's ok, wont be able to get to many outings.

I'll probably just play as a guest if that's ok, wont be able to get to many outings.

No problem, I have put you in at 10.32.

J

No problem, I have put you in at 10.32.

J

Cheers cya Saturday

No rain forecast for the next week :D:D:D

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Gorey/long.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

No rain forecast for the next week :D:D:D

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Gorey/long.html

Eh infacta, that's the forecast for this week, next week starts next Monday:pac::pac:.

62467684.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement