Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Society Outing - Bunclody Golf & Fishing Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Getting close now, hope you are all out practising, if not you will need to, we have recent medal winners, players with new drivers and new irons, all very serious stuff.

Small change to the timesheet, intervals are 10 minutes so tee times will be all a later later than originally posted. Updated Timesheet

For those of you staying after for food, the bar is open with a full menu and they usually have 2 or 3 golfer's specials. Food is very good and big portions.

They also have a very good range and putting area. Its about 300 metres before the clubhouse as you drive in on the left.

Long drive will be hole 15 and nearest the pin will be on hole 6.

If you need directions - Getting There

J

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Getting close now, hope you are all out practising, if not you will need to, we have recent medal winners, players with new drivers and new irons, all very serious stuff.

Small change to the timesheet, intervals are 10 minutes so tee times will be all a later later than originally posted. Updated Timesheet

For those of you staying after for food, the bar is open with a full menu and they usually have 2 or 3 golfer's specials. Food is very good and big portions.

They also have a very good range and putting area. Its about 300 metres before the clubhouse as you drive in on the left.

Long drive will be hole 15 and nearest the pin will be on hole 6.

If you need directions - Getting There

J

Good man captain, I knew you'd mix it up. So long drive hole has a tree stuck in the middle of the fairway and the nearest the pin is on a par 4. 😂😂😂

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Good man captain, I knew you'd mix it up. So long drive hole has a tree stuck in the middle of the fairway and the nearest the pin is on a par 4. 😂😂😂

Oops

Long drive stands and nearest the pin should be 7, sorry !!!!

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Oops

J

And this is a course you had a hand in designing :rolleyes:

If you can't remember it, there is no hope for the rest of us :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oops

J

You should have made mearest to the pin on 5, a real challenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

emmetkenny wrote: »
    closet to pin

d2f22f4fa3977c693aa7fb6792043374.jpg

Danger Will Robinson

RoadRunner wrote: »
    d2f22f4fa3977c693aa7fb6792043374.jpg

Danger Will Robinson

Hey stop messing with my posts when your quoting me you you big bully :D

Seve OB wrote: »
    And this is a course you had a hand in designing :rolleyes:

If you can't remember it, there is no hope for the rest of us :pac:

Ha ha, I was out sick the day they did the par 3's !

J

You should have made mearest to the pin on 5, a real challenge :D

There should be a prize for hitting the green on 5, let alone the pin

J

• Advertisement

Weather looks good so we will be off the whites, it's not overly long.

There should be a prize for hitting the green on 5, let alone the pin

J

I was playing in the club matchplay up there and my playing partner stuck he's tee shot to 2 inches, best shot I've ever seen on the hole.

The other teams guy pulled his tee shot and hit it left of the path down the left, his partner holed from about 50 yards straight into the cup for a half :(

I was playing in the club matchplay up there and my playing partner stuck he's tee shot to 2 inches, best shot I've ever seen on the hole.

The other teams guy pulled his tee shot and hit it left of the path down the left, his partner holed from about 50 yards straight into the cup for a half :(

Are you not free to play this Saturday? we have plenty of room.

Are you not free to play this Saturday? we have plenty of room.

Unfortunately not. I didn't play at all last year and more than likely wont this year with injusry.

Between damaged disks in my back, dislocated fingers and torn rotator cuff I'm a crock :)

Unfortunately not. I didn't play at all last year and more than likely wont this year with injusry.

Between damaged disks in my back, dislocated fingers and torn rotator cuff I'm a crock :)

Ouch, I know what the disk trouble is like, I am a walking pharmacy before I play.

Btw the put for twos will be a nice one, it wasn't won in Portmarnock!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Ouch, I know what the disk trouble is like, I am a walking pharmacy before I play.

Hey now, we're not going to fall for that "I'm injured" crack and walk in with 40 points!!! :)

Hey now, we're not going to fall for that "I'm injured" crack and walk in with 40 points!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Obviously missed reminder about timesheet - is it a little late to be looking for a spot....I dont wish to mess up time sheet already set out..appreciate letting me know. Thanks.

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Obviously missed reminder about timesheet - is it a little late to be looking for a spot....I dont wish to mess up time sheet already set out..appreciate letting me know. Thanks.

No problem, will add you in on a line when I get home.

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Forecast for tomorrow looks good if a bit cold - wrap up warm!

Getting excited now :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Forecast for tomorrow looks good if a bit cold - wrap up warm!

Getting excited now :D:D:D

First 18 hole comp of the year was held yesterday.

My Dad said the course is in very good condition but a little soft underfoot in places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

First 18 hole comp of the year was held yesterday.

My Dad said the course is in very good condition but a little soft underfoot in places.

Probably still clean and place like a lot of parkland courses ??

No run on the ball either. :(

Really looking forward to getting out in the morning....... Full weekend of golf with the first 18 hole comp at my new club on Sunday as well.

Macker1 wrote: »

Really looking forward to getting out in the morning....... Full weekend of golf with the first 18 hole comp at my new club on Sunday as well.

I'm not sure. I'll see him shortly and ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Where did you join?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Where did you join?

Joined County Meath Golf Club in Trim last month. Nice setup with good facilities and only 10 mins from home.

http://www.countymeathgolfclubtrim.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Joined County Meath Golf Club in Trim last month. Nice setup with good facilities and only 10 mins from home.

http://www.countymeathgolfclubtrim.ie/

Good luck there, they are very competitive at provincial towns, that your bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Break80

Looking forward to playing a new course. I have my game plan sorted out. I can't remember who said it but he said his game plan was hit the ball find it and hit it again.
    That's my mantra for tomorrow. Swing thought's to be left in the car boot.
    See ye all tomorrow.

Good luck there, they are very competitive at provincial towns, that your bracket?

Must have a look at notice board on Sunday to see if there's any info. Handicaps above 9 are eligible so that suits me.

To be fair I've only joined and am getting to know people at club so I can't expect to walk onto any teams without proving myself first.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ballyk

Is there still a prize for most golf? If so I reckon I'm a banker for it. My game has fallen apart!

ballyk wrote: »
    Is there still a prize for most golf? If so I reckon I'm a banker for it. My game has fallen apart!

It's my first round since early October, I could challenge you for it!!

• Advertisement

ballyk wrote: »

Your name was already on it.

A note for Hibrasil, you are not on your own. The time sheet was set up for 3 balls so i could not add you to the last line.

You are out in the last 4 ball with me, Paulos and Recycled.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

This early start on my day of better be worth it!
    Joking aside really looking forward to playing today, Bunclody has been on my to do list for a while now!
    Let the banter begin :)

Beautiful morning here in Carlow, looks like it will be a good day.

Safe traveling see you at the course.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Quahog217

Beautiful morning here in Carlow, looks like it will be a good day.

Safe traveling see you at the course.

J

Sorry can't make it today, injured my hand last night.

Hibrassil, do you want to take the 10.40 slot now available?

J

A note for Hibrasil, you are not on your own. The time sheet was set up for 3 balls so i could not add you to the last line.

You are out in the last 4 ball with me, Paulos and Recycled.

J

Got it..thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Have to say I really enjoyed today's golf outing, great track with a many rememberable holes plus it's always a bonus to come home the winner .... Big thanks my playing partners tiger woods and princess poppy who made the day very enjoyable see you all at the next outing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bobster453

I'm tired zzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

I had a great day today, not golfwise, but funwise.
    Well done to the champ, who lived up to his name, some incredible shots. Myself and tigerwoods had great intentions but absolutely no follow through on them, ah well, there's always next time.
    Thanks to the lads for the company and to John and team for organising and all that goes with it.
    Looking forward to the heritage already

What a fantastic course! Definitely one of the best around.
    Many thanks for all and Captain GG for getting us the great deal. Great company again and great crack in the car!! My golf, well I wasn't expecting much as its my first round since October but started off great but fell apart on the back 9. Still I enjoyed it and the company. Fantastic food in the clubhouse as well. Great day out all around and thanks to everyone .

bobster453 wrote: »
    I'm tired zzzzzzzzzzz

You're tired.....I could beat you on that score

Thanks to the backroom team for the organisation of today's outing....great course...great day and above all great company....and not an ill word spoken makes it all the better.:):):):) Ready for bed I think now.

Just out of bed after a long but very enjoyable day. A big thank you for all who turned up.

I have to say that i just love the course, its a great layout that is not tricked up, you hit the ball well and you will score. Given the bad winter the course was in quite good condition, the greens rolled beuatifully. Might have been a better idea to play off the green tees as there was very little roll on the ball and some of the par 4's were tough.

A big thank you to Caroline in the proshop who gave us a great price.

Also a thank you to my playing partners, Recycled, Paulos and Hibrasil. Myself and Paulos had a ding dong battle and if I am honest one of us should have taken the win but some loose shots on the back nine cost us.

So the results !!!! (THE FULL RESULTS)

Winner with 38 points was TheChamp26
    Second with 37 points was Macker1
    Third with 35 points was Shaunac93

Nearest the pin was Shaunac93 (I will let her explain the details !!)
    Long drive was RoadRunner (antidoping blood testers are on the way to his house as I type to test for steroid abuse)

Thanks again to everyone, hope you all had a blast, sorry I had to rush the prizes and get out of there, I needed to get home.

See you in The Heritage.

J

J

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Had a great day out yesterday in the company of Bobster453 and SeveOB. Congrats to ThecHamp26, great score around a beautiful track. Course was in really good condition. Enjoyed the banter during the golf and after in the club house. Thanks to Golgraffix for all the organising. Next outing I hope to bring some golf with me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

1st and second from the same stable ?, ok that enough horsey talk before they threaten to throw me into another forum:). i had the pleasure of witnessing the apropiately named The Champ first Hand. 38pts was probably not a fair reflection on how well he struck the ball could of easily of being 44 pointer.
    princess did,nt play her best but managed to do enough to take the side bets:((shark).

Course was great as usual would of being nice for some blue skies to show it in its true colours, Thanks to golfgrafics and commitee for all work on putting together a great day.won't make the heritage but will see yee all at new forest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What a beautiful golf course. Thank you so much for bringing us down there J. I'm definitely going to make some sort of concentrated effort to get back down there this summer for an open or something cause it was just superb. Every hole had something different about it and they really made superb use of the river and the space they had to carve out that course. Greens were fantastic too. Just get a nice roll and you could guarantee it would keep going and going.

A real pleasure to play with both BigChap1759 and Break80. Bigchap is a phenomenal ball striker. He's going to pick up a few prizes this year, mark my words. Break80 should be well able to achieve that as well. Hits a great 3 wood off the tee that was comfortably going past my drives.

The drive down with Shauna and Charlie was great craic. The drive back was even better as we had our own dingdong battle with Seve and Roadrunner ;) - Sorry I almost rearended you outside Bunclody Seve. You slamming on the brakes like that was very unsporting! :D

As for my own game. I was really happy with how I played especially considering how little I've been playing of late. Missed a couple of silly putts at the start of the back 9 and then a sh**k on the 17th put pay to my own chances but it was great just to get out.

I disagree that it was too long J, I'm not a long hitter and was the shortest in our 3-ball, but on a number of holes, there was very little difference between greens and whites. Whites were pushed right up to the front of their tees as it was.

Congrats to the prize winners. Really looking forward to The Heritage next month. Can't wait to see ye all at it again :)

p.s. Tiger.... sorry if I was a bit harsh in my sledging you after the round <3

Rikand wrote: »

p.s. Tiger.... sorry if I was a bit harsh in my sledging you after the round <3

Glad to see you repenting 😇

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Great golf weekend. Really enjoyed bunclody. No two holes were the same. Was having a great start to the round until I 5 putted from the fringe of the first par3. Got it back together again but then scratched the last three in a row. The company was great as always with scubapro, charlieirl and Shauna. Nice to leave with a slieve of balls too for longdrive (what a hole!). Great clubhouse in bunclody. Would definitely go back. Best elevator ever! Felt like I was in a shopping mall or something. Big thanks to gg and all involved in organising. Shout out to both seveob and bigchap for logistics support.

Numerous highlights for the day, the one sticking out in my mind might have been holding up both myself and stevieob's winnings for the day (and middle fingers) from the passenger seat on the motorway alongside Rikand, Shauna, and Charlie :)

All followed up with a great found the following morning on my home course for the monthly medal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Glad to see you repenting 😇

I'm not such a bad guy really :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement