Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and the delete button.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

ameliams wrote: »
    I wonder if she'll just sell the jeans on depop. She sold a bunch of dresses that she got free from vavavoom

I've no issue with free samples, but getting a few hundred euro worth of gear, promoting it on snapchat and then selling it on - that's payment.
    *I'm not saying this has happened

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

God Its borderline embarrassing that at nearly thirty years of age this blogger has to get her fiancée to fight her battles / supposedly threaten people if they ask a question she's not willing/doesn't want to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I just really feel they should be held accountable, whether that be those who follow the beauty industry tipping each other off or naming and shaming their unethical behaviour on forums like this.

I'm not suggesting a free for all on bullying but in cases like this I'm really failing to see why this isn't being discussed with names. Imagine if Charlotte from Geordie shore (using her as an example as she's another small time celeb who makes her money mainly by posting advertisements from companies and personal appearances) sold a load of clothes she was sent for free for petty cash? And then none of the world press being allowed to talk about it because it hurt her feelings? She'd be slaughtered for it and rightly so.

If they are that concerned about their reputations maybe they shouldn't engage in such shady behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Her behavour was appalling. If she had an issue with the comment (which I don't see why she would) all she had to do was address it there and then on Instagram. Instead she deleted the comment, blocked him and his gf and had a rant about them on snapchat. Why? To gain sympathy and act the victim once more because none of her followers would have the original post to question or refer to. The bigger issue is her fiancée though, good god that's disgraceful. Can you imagine if every little issue you ever had with a customer resulted in your bf sending them threats for daring to not even criticise but just question something you did. That is so embarrassing and I can guarantee you anyone working in the real world would be fired.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I just really feel they should be held accountable, whether that be those who follow the beauty industry tipping each other off or naming and shaming their unethical behaviour on forums like this.

I'm not suggesting a free for all on bullying but in cases like this I'm really failing to see why this isn't being discussed with names. Imagine if Charlotte from Geordie shore (using her as an example as she's another small time celeb who makes her money mainly by posting advertisements from companies and personal appearances) sold a load of clothes she was sent for free for petty cash? And then none of the world press being allowed to talk about it because it hurt her feelings? She'd be slaughtered for it and rightly so.

If they are that concerned about their reputations maybe they shouldn't engage in such shady behaviour.

Has there been evidence that anyone's sold their free samples?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I wonder if she'll just sell the jeans on depop. She sold a bunch of dresses that she got free from vavavoom

Hahaha just went to check depop and all she has on it is items that haven't been sold. Anything sold the entry has been deleted.
    Few months ago I commented on a thread saying I saw one blogger on depop had made well over 2 grand within a couple of months on depop. And they were definitely still there then. All entries have been deleted now guess she reads here quite often.

Probably on eBay when the heat dies down! 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Has there been evidence that anyone's sold their free samples?

I know of two who have definitely done it in Depop, And I know of another who sold a €14 Missguided dress for €45 with €5 postage, a healthy €31 profit on a second hand, worn item.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

I saw all the vavavoom dresses up a few months back but the entries have been deleted now so it's obviously me who is in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

On another note, those YSL lipsticks! I would love to have them lined up in my room, they are amaaaaazing!!!

*edited for clarity

aine92 wrote: »
    On another note, those YSL lipsticks! I would give my right arm to get 10 of those for free, they are amaaaazing!!!

no issue with bloggers getting samples like these but want proper objective reviews not a 10 second snap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Jbossie

Hahaha just went to check depop and all she has on it is items that haven't been sold. Anything sold the entry has been deleted.
    Few months ago I commented on a thread saying I saw one blogger on depop had made well over 2 grand within a couple of months on depop. And they were definitely still there then. All entries have been deleted now guess she reads here quite often.
    Did she really do that them
    Companies sending her stuff to maybe wear there clothes to events and she's selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

In the words of the blogger in question on snapchat just before I unfollowed her last year: Free clothes and make up doesn't pay the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She also never gives updates on things she recieves. And for a beauty blogger she wears the same make up every.single.day. Never switches it up and tries anything new. I mean isn't the nature of the job to try new products and wear them for a while and report back what they're like? She seems to think all it takes to blog is a few second videos of something she was sent for free on snapchat.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    In the words of the blogger in question on snapchat just before I unfollowed her last year: Free clothes and make up doesn't pay the rent.

No but not having to buy clothes or make up
    Leaves you with money to pay the rent and the prices you charge for promoting braces lasering restaurants pays the rent especially when it's up to four figures wonder how much was paid for the Twitter mention they did yesterday

I didn't mean that bitchily. I don't care who gets free jeans/makeup or if she sold it. I'm just pointing it out.
    Same with depop. But if it was ok to sell samples then why were they deleted.

I do have a problem with it, if they're making money directly from promoting an item and there's proof, then boards should (in my opinion) allow their name to be printed so blog fans know.
    These threads always get taken down because bloggers get mentioned by name and then theres a lot of nitpicking and overly personal criticism. I can see why boards doesn't want a thread b*thing about *****s lip injections, or critiquing someone's food choices.
    It would like to know though who is being dishonest about payment for goods/services, it makes them all look bad, which obviously isn't fair on the honest ones.

Taboola wrote: »
    He actually did that to someone else I know except he called their place of work and demanded to speak to them. He's a nasty piece of work.

Omg did he really do that ring someone where they work why would he do that was it over his partner and was it a girl he rang the plastic gangster

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Thanks to those who sent me the name by PM, and if by chance the lass is reading this thread, you need to work on your PR a lot better as I'd never heard of her... I guess that shows that the reach of her fame is somewhat limited.

If a blogger is receiving freebies that means they don't to spend their disposable cash on items like us more mortals, so they can probably afford a bit more towards the rent. If a blogger is selling products and samples received for cash, then they are earning money towards their rent or pocket money, and depending on the T&Cs the PR attached to the goods when sending them out, possibly in a naughty way. I'd hope that aside from the brands that Revenue is keeping an eye on the bloggers and their earnings as free meals and €2,000 off resold press samples isn't a bad side earner.

Eat: went to have a look at her - seriously!? I worry about teenagers if she's got thousands of followers reading that fluff... And if a blogger s serious, I don't think it's much to expect them have a proper domain, they're €15 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Could someone PM me the name of the blogger too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

This whole fiasco could have been avoided if she had the cop on to just answer the question.. She actually brought the hassle on herself by not being straight with the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Could I have a pm of the name too please? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I don't actually follow any Irish bloggers but my curiosity has gotten the better of me... could someone PM me too? I have a couple in mind of who it could be and now I'm curious to see if I'm right. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'd love to know the name of this blogger also if anybody wants to send on a PM.

I think its a mad industry. I have encountered a good few through my girlfriends work. There are a broad spectrum of bloggers - lots of them just love trying new things (free or not) and then writing quality, honest reviews. There is a sub section though and the sense of entitlement is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭silverbella

Could I get a PM too please? Curiosity is killing me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 silverwexford

Can someone PM me the name also. I have an idea who it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dot09

Could anyone send me a PM also? Dying to know!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Well a blogger I follow from Cork (Whom I love) got a delivery of Freddie's also this week and I'm pretty certain she said she got to pick the type and sizes before they were sent to her and she also was thanking them for the delivery so obviously was free also. So I'm guessing the blogger being discussed here was the same

Well a blogger I follow from Cork (Whom I love) got a delivery of Freddie's also this week and I'm pretty certain she said she got to pick the type and sizes before they were sent to her and she also was thanking them for the delivery so obviously was free also. So I'm guessing the blogger being discussed here was the same

No, this isn't about the Cork blogger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dashdoll wrote: »
    Dublin? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

dashdoll wrote: »
    no issue with bloggers getting samples like these but want proper objective reviews not a 10 second snap.

Oh yeah I know this, I think I phrased that wrong, I just meant when I saw them my jaw dropped, the packaging is fab.

Sure she won't even try them as they are being given away because she "only wears nudes"... Bit of a waste!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement