Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and the delete button.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

This thread will disappear in a few days and in two weeks time someone else will start another thread along the same lines.

However if the blogger in question was named (also in other cases) and if people were allowed to ask questions and enquire about things without being shut down constantly then there wouldn't be such an issue.

People are actually allowed to ask bloggers if they get paid for something, most go mental like in this situation though and delete comments or block people. So really what can you do. We'll probably be back here again in a month discussing someone else for being rude/threatening/lieing/blocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

dashdoll wrote: »
    No, this isn't about the Cork blogger.

I think she means the arrangement was the same; they contacted her, she chose which ones she wanted and what sizes etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

dot09 wrote: »
    Could anyone send me a PM also? Dying to know!!! :)

Me too! I've no idea who it could be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Fwiw, my guesses of who it could be were totally wrong. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

ameliams wrote: »
    This thread will disappear in a few days and in two weeks time someone else will start another thread along the same lines.

However if the blogger in question was named (also in other cases) and if people were allowed to ask questions and enquire about things without being shut down constantly then there wouldn't be such an issue.

People are actually allowed to ask bloggers if they get paid for something, most go mental like in this situation though and delete comments or block people. So really what can you do. We'll probably be back here again in a month discussing someone else for being rude/threatening/lieing/blocking.

We know this thread will get closed if there are unproven accusations or nasty /personal comments about bloggers.

If posters stay on topic and don't say things they know will likely get the thread closed (example - naming bloggers and calling them mentally unstable), then maybe the threads won't get closed

• Advertisement

We know this thread will get closed if there are unproven accusations or nasty /personal comments about bloggers.

If posters stay on topic and don't say things they know will likely get the thread closed (example - naming bloggers and calling them mentally unstable), then maybe the threads won't get closed

I didn't say closed i just said disappear.

Also someone back a few pages said something about making 2000 from reselling on press samples, I said a few months back I saw someone had made 2 grand from depop and I also that someone had been selling dresses from vavavoom, but I never said someone made 2 grand from selling press samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 KatieBelle92

I didn't think the blogger was hard to figure out. Engaged with a baby and a reputation for being nasty and blocking people who don't fawn over her. Didn't take me long to figure it out!

I didn't say closed i just said disappear.

Also someone back a few pages said something about making 2000 from reselling on press samples, I said a few months back I saw someone had made 2 grand from depop and I also that someone had been selling dresses from vavavoom, but I never said someone made 2 grand from selling press samples.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a blogger by name and commented on their mental health which was very unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Something some don't realize is that people posting false statements (knowingly or unknowingly) on internet forums can be sued. I doubt a blogger will go into court over entries on boards but the fact people are not allowed name names is doing them a favor. Because someone saying something happened on internet is not a proof of anything. Naming bloggers in unconfirmed accusations is bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

meeeeh wrote: »
    Something some don't realize is that people posting false statements (knowingly or unknowingly) on internet forums can be sued. I doubt a blogger will go into court over entries on boards but the fact people are not allowed name names is doing them a favor. Because someone saying something happened on internet is not a proof of anything. Naming bloggers in unconfirmed accusations is bad idea.

She confirmed this incident herself on her snapchat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

That the boyfriend threatened someone or that someone else earned 3000 euros with sale of samples? It might be true and it might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That the boyfriend threatened someone or that someone earned 3000 euros with sale of samples? It might be true and it might not.

The poster has proof of the threat so her fiancee wouldn't get very far in court if he tried would he

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Well this escalated �� but generally under defamation law persons who voluntarily place themselves in the public sphere are deemed to have knowledge that there will be public interest discussion surrounding them. Plenty of precedent on this.

Well this escalated �� but generally under defamation law persons who voluntarily place themselves in the public sphere are deemed to have knowledge that there will be public interest discussion surrounding them. Plenty of precedent on this.

To make accusations about where they source their money or making personal comments?

I don't think boards has to host either btw, posting in boards isn't a right

That the boyfriend threatened someone or that someone else earned 3000 euros with sale of samples? It might be true and it might not.

No one ever ever said anyone made 3000 from sale of samples.

I said a blogger had made 2000 on selling things on depop. I also said this months ago and i said selling clothes not samples.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

To make accusations about where they source their money or making personal comments?

I don't think boards has to host either btw, posting in boards isn't a right

I'm not really interested in getting in depth in a discussion on this as I like to forget about the day job and this is a thread in a beauty forum after all.

Plenty of information on this topic available should anyone want to read up on it online!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - stick to the topic at hand. If you want to discuss our policy of not naming bloggers, you can contact a mod, or start a Feedback thread.

Any further discussion on our policy here will result in moderator action

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

SeanHarty wrote: »
    I honestly didnt think the comment i posted on her Instagram was offensive or upsetting in any way, I was actually curious how over six hundred euro in merchandise was not a form of payment when this person was clearly going to talk about it on her social media.

Unfortunately today I received a private message from her fiancé in a vaguely threating mannor telling me that my "pathetic little opinion" upset his fiancé and he could "meet me in person"

I'm pretty shocked that he felt the need to do this, I have a screen shot of my original comment and it is no way abusive (she even referred to it as patronizing on her Snapchat)

Wow I now know why people keep their opinions about bloggers to themselves, I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut in future.
    i wouldn't i would tell the company who made the product and tell them i woulkd never support them or buy their products because of him and her

How does one become a blogger get 600 euro sample free. serious question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Thanks to those who sent me on the name of said blogger. :) Not completely surprised, unfollowed her a while ago as I just wasn't keen on her style.

A_smurf wrote: »
    Thanks to those who sent me on the name of said blogger. :) Not completely surprised, unfollowed her a while ago as I just wasn't keen on her style.
    can someone pm me the blogger name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Jbossie

Have you noticed since these threads started last year the same blogger pops up everytime I've noticed when these threads pop up the advertising and product placement stops for a while then it gets fazed back in a few weeks later it's the younger girls I worry about absolutely no loyalty to them if your raving about the most expensive clothes that you don't buy yourself hardly any of the bloggers are doing it anymore a lot have gone back to the way they started general chat through their day ect no advertising product placement this blogger is making herself look very insincere and giving a bad name to the genuine girls blogging if I see another advertisement or product placement I'm contacting the brand I'm sick of the younger ones in my family wanting what she's flashing for 10 seconds on snap chat it makes the brand look shady

Thanks all who pmd the name. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

No, this isn't about the Cork blogger.

No I meant the Dublin blogger probably had the same deal as the cork blogger, the cork blogger was very open about her Freddie jeans

Jbossie wrote: »
    Have you noticed since these threads started last year the same blogger pops up everytime I've noticed when these threads pop up the advertising and product placement stops for a while then it gets fazed back in a few weeks later it's the younger girls I worry about absolutely no loyalty to them if your raving about the most expensive clothes that you don't buy yourself hardly any of the bloggers are doing it anymore a lot have gone back to the way they started general chat through their day ect no advertising product placement this blogger is making herself look very insincere and giving a bad name to the genuine girls blogging if I see another advertisement or product placement I'm contacting the brand I'm sick of the younger ones in my family wanting what ages flashing for 10 seconds on snap chat it makes the brand look shady

Imagine if people complained about the companies more, who after all are the people who profit most from this, rather than the bloggers, that would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jbossie

Imagine if people complained about the companies more, who after all are the people who profit most from this, rather than the bloggers, that would be interesting.

I will be everytime it's done I don't like all that carry on showing restaurants clothes make up chocolate hampers poor kids spending there little bit of money on their recommendations when did snapchat become an advertisement I'm
    Sure they wouldn't like people making a fortune off their free app without them making a percentage ect go back to what it's about chatting to your followers about your day wrote a blog about your freebies or paid items since the last thread about product placement where the blogger said from now on she will be transparent and say spon or ad I have yet to see that be mentioned and all we have is her say so she could be being sponsored and just say nothing people like that actually need to stop calling themselves bloggers as its giving real bloggers who love what they do and don't make a career out of product placements a bad name won't be long until these companies brands and bloggers will be reported and investigated we all have to pay our taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Neilson (sp?) have supposedly agreed to start ranking snapchat advertising so I guess Snapchat are ok with it...

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/snapchat-inks-nielsen-deal-and-signals-its-taking-ad-performance-data-seriously-169868

Between iMessage, messager, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and whatsapp, I'm all connected out.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Can I get a pm of their name please?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Wow I am shocked this has actually happened! I'm embarrassed for her. Who gets their fiance to start sending abusive messages to people?! That's just not on. If you're in that line of business, you are going to get criticism and people asking you questions weather you like it or not. A grown woman certainly doesn't behave like that! You should definitely be able to fight your own battles. I would be mortified if my husband carried on like that. Unfollowing for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Thanks to those who sent me the name by PM, and if by chance the lass is reading this thread, you need to work on your PR a lot better as I'd never heard of her... I guess that shows that the reach of her fame is somewhat limited.

I'm so happy to read this because I've been trying to figure out who it is and haven't a clue. Could someone pm it to me please, thanks.

Edit: thanks for the PMs. It was really obvious when I was told. What a gowl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

I'm stumped! Can I please get a PM with the name as well??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement