Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and the delete button.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jbossie

I just can't believe what these girls get away with stop
    Promoting in 10 second snaps they should stick to their blogs for promoting and ads and if they have dedicated followers they will read the posts

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Said 'blogger' is now replying to every comment she gets on Instagram asking where her make up and clothes are from when before she used to ignore every single comment and never engage with anyone. Damage control methinks. So transparent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

I didnt need to be told which blogger this thread was about. I unfollowed her a long while ago but remembered her Snapchat and re-added her just to see, and there she was, talking about the incident in the OP.

I remember there was a thread here a few months back where people were discussing bloggers and sharing the Snapchat names of who they follow. I thought 'this is great, new people to follow and might get some good honest reviews about products'.

How wrong was I.
    Id say I had all of them (apart from 2 or 3) unfollowed after a few days/ a week.

The majority of them are just really unlikeable. The few who I do follow come across IMO as genuinely down to earth girls. Id like to name them but maybe im not allowed so I wont. But the rest are just sprouting out the same shyte everyday, its boring!

They live in this little vacuous blogger/xpose world. All patting eachother on the back. Its like they think theyre celebrities or something. But theyre all just feeding off eachother. Theyd all turn up to the opening of an envelope given half the chance, it looks so desperate. You get free stuff in the post, job well done, what are you going to do when you're 40 and even less people give a crap about you? They're jobs arent actually needed if you sit and think about it.

Serious rant but half of them are just laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

The fact that that the fiance resorted to sending threatening messages is laughable. (If this occurred, we have no proof) .... unprofessional, childish, intimidating and pathetic really. I would be mortified and very angry if my fiance stuck his nose into any part of my professional life and made an absolute show of me like that. I would also be on here apologising as they are obviously aware of this thread and if it didn't happen they would be setting the record straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I think the blogger fame thing is partly because of Ireland's size - the UK and US have 'real celebrities' while smaller countries struggle to fill their gossip pages as there are limited number of home grown celebrities (3 to networks, couple of sportsmen WAGs etc), and the papers don't have the photo budgets or the contacts to conduct interviews with 'real' famous people every day. Somewhere like Ireland loves bloggers because they're accessible, they need the exposure so are only too happy to engage, and everyone can pretend the bloggers are relevant because they're Irish. Other small countries do it too, and the bloggers end up believing their own hype... Anyone remember / heard about the blogger in Oz who claimed to have an illness cured through clean eating, and then her Whole Pantry empire came crashing down? It's obviously not anywhere near what the Irish lot are doing, but the senses of 'power' they feel they've acquired is perhaps on the scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

8 Bit Girl wrote: »
    I didnt need to be told which blogger this thread was about. I unfollowed her a long while ago but remembered her Snapchat and re-added her just to see, and there she was, talking about the incident in the OP.

I remember there was a thread here a few months back where people were discussing bloggers and sharing the Snapchat names of who they follow. I thought 'this is great, new people to follow and might get some good honest reviews about products'.

How wrong was I.
    Id say I had all of them (apart from 2 or 3) unfollowed after a few days/ a week.

The majority of them are just really unlikeable. The few who I do follow come across IMO as genuinely down to earth girls. Id like to name them but maybe im not allowed so I wont. But the rest are just sprouting out the same shyte everyday, its boring!

They live in this little vacuous blogger/xpose world. All patting eachother on the back. Its like they think theyre celebrities or something. But theyre all just feeding off eachother. Theyd all turn up to the opening of an envelope given half the chance, it looks so desperate. You get free stuff in the post, job well done, what are you going to do when you're 40 and even less people give a crap about you? They're jobs arent actually needed if you sit and think about it.

Extremely well said, echoes my thoughts completely! Therefore I for one would love to hear your recommendations for honest people to follow on Snapchat, I can't imagine that being a problem with mods? If it is an issue could you PM me? Always on the lookout for good people to follow there!

fima wrote: »
    The fact that that the fiance resorted to sending threatening messages is laughable. (If this occurred, we have no proof) .... unprofessional, childish, intimidating and pathetic really. I would be mortified and very angry if my fiance stuck his nose into any part of my professional life and made an absolute show of me like that. I would also be on here apologising as they are obviously aware of this thread and if it didn't happen they would be setting the record straight.
    That's not the first time he's made threats over her the last thread was about the same girl
    And how she spoke to a girl who asked her a question they both have a disgusting way of dealing with a situation

8 Bit Girl wrote: »

How wrong was I.

Most of the bloggers work as well as do blogs because they don't charge big money for product placement and subliminal advertising their are two particular bloggers who gave up work to make a career out of blogging they are the ones that I Woulnt trust one bit as their money is made through snapchat Twitter and Facebook mentions about jeans,braces,laser treatments companies who deliver meat chocolate hampers pampers shops selling prams ect at this stage I feel if they were offered toilet roll for free it would be promoted on snap chat if you feel a blogger ipushing brands on young kids Especially in 10 second snaps email
    The brand they need to be less shady

on_my_oe wrote: »
    I think the blogger fame thing is partly because of Ireland's size - the UK and US have 'real celebrities' while smaller countries struggle to fill their gossip pages as there are limited number of home grown celebrities (3 to networks, couple of sportsmen WAGs etc), and the papers don't have the photo budgets or the contacts to conduct interviews with 'real' famous people every day. Somewhere like Ireland loves bloggers because they're accessible, they need the exposure so are only too happy to engage, and everyone can pretend the bloggers are relevant because they're Irish. Other small countries do it too, and the bloggers end up believing their own hype... Anyone remember / heard about the blogger in Oz who claimed to have an illness cured through clean eating, and then her Whole Pantry empire came crashing down? It's obviously not anywhere near what the Irish lot are doing, but the senses of 'power' they feel they've acquired is perhaps on the scale.
    That's exactly right and it's going to their heads the way them jeans were mentioned on snapchat you'd swear they were a cure for some disease the way they were plugged and raved about if the name was mentioned once it was mentioned a thousand times apparently the delivery was a surprise yet another blogger received the same delivery and said she gave them her info ect showing her honesty that she knew she was getting them that's transparency hence why the blogger who dominates every thread on this and Facebook is not trusted and added to the fact that the fiancé made a threat to someone for questioning her mistrust throws even more light on the shady carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Mrs Shrek

Another request for the bloggers name by PM Pls. Have nieces who are addicted to these bloggers and would like to let them know how some of these guys compose themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Im completely shocked by all this :eek: I read a select number of blogs but follow a lot of bloggers on Instagram. It took me a while to get there but I know who the blogger in question is. Unfollowing pronto :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭8 Bit Girl

fartyarse wrote: »
    Extremely well said, echoes my thoughts completely! Therefore I for one would love to hear your recommendations for honest people to follow on Snapchat, I can't imagine that being a problem with mods? If it is an issue could you PM me? Always on the lookout for good people to follow there!

Hi, yep il PM you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anyone see the guys snapchat where one of his friends was getting her vagina waxed and he has it on snapchat?

He's a monkey face in front of her vagina but still like putting that on snapchat.

I'd be mortified.

mrsberries wrote: »
    Im completely shocked by all this :eek: I read a select number of blogs but follow a lot of bloggers on Instagram. It took me a while to get there but I know who the blogger in question is. Unfollowing pronto :(
    I unfollowed it's the girls in my family that follow her it's a running joke with them as to what she will be plugging next for a payment or a freebie they reckon it will be toilet roll next so she can get a months supply free lol the amount of people who are disgusted over the fiancés threats father of a small baby making threats to people over simple comments makes me wonder how they carry on with something not so insignificant keyboard gangster lol

Bottom line is be wary of who you choose to follow if you think someone is being insincere or shady plugging items just contact the company about how they are conducting themselves with their brands

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - can I please remind you to use punctuation, sentences and paragraphs when writing responses. Poor structure makes your responses hard to read and understand.

dudara

Anyone see the guys snapchat where one of his friends was getting her vagina waxed and he has it on snapchat?

He's a monkey face in front of her vagina but still like putting that on snapchat.

I'd be mortified.
    Oh god can't believe she let him do
    That I don't follow him glad I missed that snap lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Could I get a PM on the bloggers name too pretty please?

ThanK's in advance! :)

ameliams wrote: »
    There's no point in being frustrated about this. There have been disgusting actions from certain bloggers over the last year. We cannot comment on this, we cannot give feedback, we cannot have an opinion.

Anxiety was the buzzword of last year. One blogger cancelled an entire event last week , I think, (possibly the week before) because of the comments on Instagram about the price. She was replaced by a model instead.

Your comment was probably deleted with another 50-100 in that day. When you are pretty, successful and work for yourself you don't have to take anyone elses opinion. There is no manager to complain to, there is no feedback form, there is no regulating of anything.

Some of the big bloggers nowadays are severely insecure women. I know this because they repeatedly talk about it on all forms of social media. It's seen as a way of being "strong".
    Don't sweat it, if you enjoy following bloggers do it, but don't expect to be allowed any sort of option to critique them.

Also with the jeans, of course they were free, but the best way you can market yourself as a brand is by displaying you're advertising skills on snapchat so other brands will see and offer work.

Blogging (ha that word makes me laugh now, can't even remember the last time anyone actually published a blog post) is very little more than advertising. What you are looking at 9/10 times on YouTube, wordpress, Instagram is an advertisement. Paid or not paid. But every post is a display of a bloggers skills to show how they can sell something.
    Will you pm me who cancelled the event I have an idea not definite though thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I'd be mortified.

When did this happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Unreg0909

I've a feeling I know of the guy who put up the snap of the waxing; not too long ago he put up a snap of one of his mates actually going to the toilet; I unfollowed him not long after but I'd wager it's the same guy.

Taboola wrote: »
    When did this happen?
    Last night, snaps are still there, as are the ones of him teasing the dog (pug?).

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Who is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭doireannod

I think one of the most crass things I've seen is a blogger do is take her young snapchat followers along to see what it's like to get your lips injected with filler and then share a promo code for a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

doireannod wrote: »
    I think one of the most crass things I've seen is a blogger do is take her young snapchat followers along to see what it's like to get your lips injected with filler and then share a promo code for a discount

In her book she talks about positive body image and how to love your body and yet she's there getting lip fillers, using sun beds and blatantly photoshopping her Instagram pics. Why these companies want to deal with these bloggers is beyond me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dashdoll

doireannod wrote: »

I agree. Great, be honest but jesus the promo code was very ill-advised. To he fair, I commend this lady's honesty though. A number of other Irish blogger have clearly had cosmetic procedures (and I'm not talking about veneers) which is blatantly obvious yet they're failing to mention it.

What blogger is that with the lip fillers?

I only know of two bloggers with books, dark haired girl from Cork, and the girl from Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Can someone PM me the snapchatter who sent the waxing video? So nosy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

What blogger is that with the lip fillers?

I only know of two bloggers with books, dark haired girl from Cork, and the girl from Dublin??

God I hope it's not the Dublin one I love her :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭doireannod

dashdoll wrote: »
    I agree. Great, be honest but jesus the promo code was very ill-advised. To he fair, I commend this lady's honesty though. A number of other Irish blogger have clearly had cosmetic procedures (and I'm not talking about veneers) which is blatantly obvious yet they're failing to mention it.

I suspect she owned up to it and promoted it to get the treatment for free. She had been denying it for quite a while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement