Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and the delete button.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

ja1986 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me too? Does anyone follow the blonde cork blogger?

Yes I follow her!

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Yes I follow her!

Am I the only one pissed at the clothes she puts up? Like she's clearly in cahoots with the brands ....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Bit harsh/rude??! I haven't seen anybody "abused" or "defamed" in this thread so far. Only facts being discussed.

It's only natural for people to discuss others who are technically famous on the Irish beauty/fashion scene at the moment it doesn't mean that the people discussing them have nothing better to do with their time. Especially when most of this conversation stemmed from this particular bloggers finance sending a threatening message to a poster. Why does that have to be hush hush? What are we all missing?

What exactly are facts there? Oh wait if someone writes something on internet it must be true. It's a fact.

Btw those bloggers might be technically famous but the only reason they are "technically famous" is because there are enough people following them. What does that say about followers who follow fairly moronic content it's not for me to decide but I certainly have my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

meeeeh wrote: »
    What exactly are facts there? Oh wait if someone writes something on internet it must be true. It's a fact.

Btw those bloggers might be technically famous but the only reason they are "technically famous" is because there are enough people following them. What does that say about followers who follow fairly moronic content it's not for me to decide but I certainly have my opinion.

I would say it's a fact that one blogger had lip fillers since she wrote about it in her book.

And if you look hard enough you'll find screenshots of her saying she does "the odd sun bed" but all of a sudden now she's dead set against sun beds and never did them. Then her skin colour gets darker over a week when it's been lasting rain. Mad that isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jbossie

anna080 wrote: »
    This thread is going to be closed soon like all the rest. Pity.

Well hopefully if no names are mentioned we should be ok either way someone always sets a new thread up closing it is not stopping people having freedom of speech

• Advertisement

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Us bunch of gossips? How is it gossiping if its true?

And believe me i have proof of all of this i just havent posted the screenshots because it has names in it which appears to be against YOUR rules.

Ive been keeping up with this thread and what the other mod had been commenting and it felt like the other mod was nearly looking for an excuse to lock this thread.

I guess with that last comment my suspicions have been confirmed.

Out of interest why have you taken the time to even come read this? Your not listed as one of the mods for the beauty section. You mods must have some amount of complaints from these bloggers to get your attention. To bad they havent posted here explaining themselves, maybe thats because they know i have the screenshots of it all and dont want me flooding them all over instagram, twitter and facebook...
    The fact that you made a valid point in the comment section of a post that most people were thinking and were threatened because of it and by the looks of things your not the only person who has been on the receiving end of this persons temper needs to be highlighted and if it was me I would email every screenshot to every brand that associates with this blogger .. Any brand that associates themselves with someone who conducts themselves in this manner would not be getting my business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Taboola wrote: »
    I would say it's a fact that one blogger had lip fillers since she wrote about it in her book.

And if you look hard enough you'll find screenshots of her saying she does "the odd sun bed" but all of a sudden now she's dead set against sun beds and never did them. Then her skin colour gets darker over a week when it's been lasting rain. Mad that isn't it?

What girl is this? (Think I have an idea!)

aine92 wrote: »
    There is another makeup blogger I follow (from Dublin, fairly high in the "ranks") and I really, really like her as a person. She seems very down to earth and she's very likeable and friendly... But all of her snaps are product placement. 9/10 snaps are freebies/paid placement. And I only know this from other bloggers having being sent the same item and disclosing it was sent to them, but she never ever mentions it, and she does the usual, uses it once and then it disappears.

It's super disappointing because as I said I think she's lovely and totally harmless and I enjoy her snaps which aren't PP because even though I don't like her makeup/style, I like her personality. But I wish she would save herself the hassle that she will run into at a later point by being dishonest by omission. :(
    This sounds like the blogger most people do be talking about pm who your talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Jbossie wrote: »
    This sounds like the blogger most people do be talking about pm who your talking about
    PM me too please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

What girl is this? (Think I have an idea!)

I'm obviously not going to say it on the thread.

I think the thread has too many "PM Me" posts. If people want to know who people are talking about I think they should PM them. Just my two cents but it all these posts are ruining the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters here need to appreciate the difference between what you believe to be true, and what is deemed true in a court of law. There can be a profound difference between the two. Making statements about a person can carry serious consequence in law.

No matter how you look at it, this thread is a gossiping bit*chfest. It's simply not up the standard of the the F&A forum. The F&A forum is supposed to be about helping fellow members and acting as a supportive, helpful community. Instead, we have too many posts focussed on taking potshots at "bloggers".

It doesn't matter that Zaph is not a mod on F&A. Zaph is an Admin for Boards, as am I, and if we are having difficultly allowing this thread to remain open, then that's a valid concern. In addition, all the "PM me" posts are simply detracting from a potentially good conversation. I have handed out several infractions for posters who did not heed my last warning to stop talking about our policy. But, you know what, it's like Moses fighting the Red Sea. It's simply easier to close the thread.

Given that's it's late on a Saturday night, I am closing this thread for now. The Admin team will discuss this topic over the next few days and will return with a decision.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement