Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carrying a small pet on Dublin bus

• 25-02-2016 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I have a teacup yorkie and I want to bring him to a certain place but would have to go on Dublin Bus he fits into a small cat carrier and is very quiet. Would I be allowed to bring him on the carrier is smaller than a pram and he is quieter than a child :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It'd be at the driver's discretion but if he's in a carrier I'd say it'd be ok? Worst case scenario you'll be put off so worth a try lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Its drivers discretion:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/About-Us/Dublin-Bus-Bye-Laws/Bringing-on-items/
    Bringing on items likely to cause damage to a vehicle

35. No person shall take or cause to be taken on to any vehicle if requested not to do so by an authorised person any bird, animal, article or thing which by reason of its nature is in the opinion of the authorised person likely to cause annoyance or damage to any passenger or damage to any property.

If he fits in a carrier I cant see an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

I've brought my cat on in a carrier numerous times and never an issue. As has my other half when I can't do it.
    I try to do it at times when it is not going to be busy and outside peak times and smile a lot when getting on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My partner brought our first hamster home on the dart, in a cardboard box. She was pretty fiesty so my partner got a lot of funny looks! I'd say you'd be fine with the carrier, I mean your dog won't be able to do anything to cause annoyance or upset except bark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I can just picture myself now with a vari kennel and one of those red wagons you see on tv pulling my retrievers onto the bus lol!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Ah my fur baby is a very good traveller he just huddles up in the corner and never a bark out of him he's only the size of a cat and is 13 yrs old so not a fiesty puppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I've brought my Mini Schnauzer on the train, Luas and bus. The train was no problem at all. The Luas was a little more problematic as people seemed really surprised. The bus again was no problem but it is up to the driver's discretion.

Advertisement