Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnston, Mooney and O'Brien chocolate pies.

Options
  • 25-02-2016 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

Does anyone remember Johnston, Mooney and O'Brien chocolate pies? I loved these when I was a kid. They were about the size and shape of a muffin, they had a pastry case, jam filling, chocolate cream/fondant topping and then capped with hard chocolate. They were fantastic. You could eat the chocolate off the top, suck up the cream and then try and get to the jam.

It must be thirty years since I had one but I can still taste it now. I searched the net but can find no reference to or pictures of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gingernut3

Hi, I was doing a search for them few yrs back and more recently someone asked me, my dad used to bring them home on a Friday and we would be chomping at the bit, would eat the chocolate bits from around the edge to release it from the foil cupcake case and then devour them, to date they were the nicest mini cake I've had and would love to re create one, but that mousse like filling was just out of this world, though I was the only one out there, your comment was 8 years ago and came up in a search I put in for them, maybe since you might have parked your search 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Trix678

omg these sound amazing, yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gussy45

Bakery in Meath street sell them. (Mud pies). Identical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Oh my god Gussy you are right. I went to Catherine's Bakery on Meath Street yesterday. Unfortunately they hadn't got any when I was there but the woman behind the counter confirmed that they do usually sell them but were having some difficulty sourcing some ingredients at the moment.

I'll definitely be popping in any time I am in town to see if they are in stock. I went to their Facebook page and found a photo though.

I had to make do with some Black Forest Gateau and some Banoffie Pie. Which where both gorgeous so definitely worth the trip.

Advertisement