Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Log on the Run

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Good to meet you again - well done on last week's win too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Murph_D wrote: »

It was good to meet you again, it was a great day and I am looking forward to the next meet up. Best of luck in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Murph_D wrote: »

Just catching up here - you won! that's brilliant :) nice to meet you on Sunday, hopefully we can organise another one for next month.

Firedance wrote: »
    Just catching up here - you won! that's brilliant :) nice to meet you on Sunday, hopefully we can organise another one for next month.

Nice to meet you too.
    I would definitely be up for another meet up especially if there is the possibility of alcoholic refreshment after:D

Monday
    9 miles @ 8:12 m/m endurance run.
    Stretching and foam rolling after.

Tuesday
    7.1 miles with 2 sets of 4 x 150m strides with 4 mins recovery between sets.
    The plan called for a general aerobic run with strides but I was a bit tight for time so the overall pace was a bit quicker than it should of been and I could feel it in the legs by the time I had finished. More stretching and foam rolling after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck tomorrow L, forgot you were running it, run well.

tang1 wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow L, forgot you were running it, run well.

Thanks B, best of luck Tuesday night is the smack down with tbl still on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

jake1970 wrote: »
    Thanks B, best of luck Tuesday night is the smack down with tbl still on.

Well I'll be there, dont know about himself!!

Thursday
    7 miles @ 8:40 m/m General aerobic run.

Saturday
    3.1 miles @ 9:13 m/m recovery.
    Just a run out to keep the legs ticking over ahead of the Terenure 5 mile race tomorrow. My 5 mile PB is a little on the weak side probably because I only have run one 5 mile race so a new PB should be on the cards. My current PB is 33:35 from Ferrycarrig 5 mile in January 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

See ya tomorrow best of luck hope it goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Have a great race tomorrow! No pressure, but your 5M PB is still worse than mine... :)

Singer wrote: »
    Have a great race tomorrow! No pressure, but your 5M PB is still worse than mine... :)

Target set so, sub 33:08 it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Best luck today Jake, have a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Best of luck today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Hope it goes well for you today.

32:43 in Terenure today, a PB but I was hoping for better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

32:43 in Terenure today, a PB but I was hoping for better.

Really well done L, found it really tough today, that's a great time. Good to see you beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Well done on PB today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Well done on pb today :)

that's great L, a tough day out by all accounts so well done on getting a PB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Great work on a day that tested most.

annapr wrote: »
    Really well done L, found it really tough today, that's a great time. Good to see you beforehand!
    Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Well done on PB today.
    Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Well done on pb today :)
    that's great L, a tough day out by all accounts so well done on getting a PB.
    denis b wrote: »
    Great work on a day that tested most.

Thanks folks, it was nice to get a PB but it was really a soft target.

I would love to be able to give you a race report but apart from the first mile, which was way to fast, I don't actually remember much of the race mainly due to the fact that as soon as the pace started to drop in the second mile I spent the rest of the race arguing with myself. I was completely unaware of what was going around me so much so that when I loaded the race up on garmin connect it was only then that I realised that the race was 2 laps of 3 and 2 miles and not 2 laps of 2.5 miles:eek:. So that really is an indication of how my race went, I wont go into what my internal arguing was about but suffice to say that I done well to finish the race.
    The splits: 6:16, 6:33, 6:39, 6:34, 6:41. chip time 32:43.

Considering that I got a PB what I have written above looks a touch dramatic but I really did have a race to forget. I will be back to Terenure in the future though, it really is a well organised race with a good atmosphere on a fast course.

I'll just leave this here in case you want to try again..... :pac:

I'll just leave this here in case you want to try again..... :pac:

Thanks but no thanks. I am too traumatised after last Sunday to even consider another 5 miler this year:)

I was looking around for a 10k in June as I cant do Dunshaughlin and I am thinking of running Clonee, that's one of your clubs races isn't it? Sell it to me.

Thanks but no thanks. I am too traumatised after last Sunday to even consider another 5 miler this year:)

I was looking around for a 10k in June as I cant do Dunshaughlin and I am thinking of running Clonee, that's one of your clubs races isn't it? Sell it to me.

ha no worries, yep, last year was the first one and it got great reviews, Pacing Mule and Hannibel Smith did it and enjoyed it, its pretty fast and flat and last year we had post race spread that included Dominos Pizza :pac:

Monday
    4 miles @ 9:15 m/m recovery.

Tuesday
    8 miles @ 8:36 m/m general aerobic run with 8 x 100m strides.

The legs are very tired since the race on Sunday and I think they could do with a bit of a rest. I thought the strides might wake them up but that didn't work. I will contact the physical therapist in the morning to book a sports massage but it could be next week before I get an appointment. My youngest has her first communion on Saturday so the second half of this week was going to be quiet running wise anyway and that will hopefully give the legs time to recover.

With regards to my training plan I have had to cancel running the Dunshaughlin 10k which was my goal race because I have a stag weekend on that date now. My new goal race will be Clonee 10k which is 12 days after Dunshaughlin its not ideal but it does means extending the plan a bit.

Catch ya for Clonee as its my B Target Race. Going to run it regardless.

denis b wrote: »
    Catch ya for Clonee as its my B Target Race. Going to run it regardless.

I am raging to be missing out on Dunshauglin but Firedance has promised a fast flat course and pizza after in Clonee. Hopefully I will catch up with you then denis. Best of luck Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

ha no worries, yep, last year was the first one and it got great reviews, Pacing Mule and Hannibel Smith did it and enjoyed it, its pretty fast and flat and last year we had post race spread that included Dominos Pizza :pac:

100% recommend the race.

It is flat enough. A slight climb out and a slight decline back makes for a fast finish.

Sitting in a pub eating pizza after a race was a highlight :)

• Advertisement

I am raging to be missing out on Dunshauglin but Firedance has promised a fast flat course and pizza after in Clonee. Hopefully I will catch up with you then denis. Best of luck Friday night.

Will do and sure I'd run through every hedge between town and Clonee for the PROMISED pizza alone :D

Advertisement