Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Developing an Android game

Options
  • 25-02-2016 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

To prove I could still program (did comp. Science 10 years ago but have been doing graphic /UI stuff since) and mostly to make my wife laugh I put together an Android game in a few days using the Corona SDK. It's a bit rough and needs some refining but those who have played it tell me it's bizarrely addictive so I'm going to throw it up on the Play Store as soon as I have the remaining bugs worked out and the intro screens implemented.

Just wondering if anyone else here has experiences getting stuff on the android store: did they have to revise content to comply with standards, how many downloads did they get etc.

I don't expect to make a cent at this - I'd be absolutely delighted just to have a game up there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

Google have pretty much no standards - they'll do some automated analysis to identify malware etc, but in general pretty much anything you upload will go straight on the store. They will do some random spot checks here and there, and if your app gets popular they'll start paying attention, but if you're just making a personal app from scratch then I'd say the chances of you needing to comply with any standards is virtually nil.

I've only uploaded stuff to the Play store professionally, with the support of marketing budgets etc, so I couldn't give an estimate of how many downloads you'd expect from just sticking something up. I've made some personal apps on iPhone which get around 40-50 downloads per day, which I guess is an indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

quokula wrote: »
    Google have pretty much no standards - they'll do some automated analysis to identify malware etc, but in general pretty much anything you upload will go straight on the store. They will do some random spot checks here and there, and if your app gets popular they'll start paying attention, but if you're just making a personal app from scratch then I'd say the chances of you needing to comply with any standards is virtually nil.

I've only uploaded stuff to the Play store professionally, with the support of marketing budgets etc, so I couldn't give an estimate of how many downloads you'd expect from just sticking something up. I've made some personal apps on iPhone which get around 40-50 downloads per day, which I guess is an indicator.

Great thanks for the info. I don't anticipate it being particularly popular. I started it out of curiosity and just don't want it to end up sitting in my projects folder.

Advertisement