Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IWA 2016 Nurnberg

Options
  • 25-02-2016 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to the IWA in Nurnberg this year? We (PSE-Composites) will have a stand there for the first time, hall 3 / 336 .
    edi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I should be going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Very good, looking forward to meeting you. Hope you are being treated well over there.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭brieny1000

Hope the show goes well for ye edi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Take plenty of pictures. Some of us will have to live vicariously through you. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Thanks for that,
    yes I'll try get some pictures. Might be able to slip away every now and then.
    Quite a bit of stress and costs involved in preparing for this outing.....
    edi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Best of luck over there edi, hope it's a profitable trip

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

And dont forget to get a few decent beers in as well. You are in exellent beer country in Nurenberg:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Thanks Vegeta, would be about time...

Grizzly you're right and will certainly enjoy a few. Think part of my family can be traced back to 1600's from that area. I have a few relatives in town but have little contact to them. We'll stay with my sister and family who lives about an hour away.
    edi

Almost neighbours then...My German family lives about a half hour up the autobahn from Nurenberg in upper Frankonia.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Could be close, heading up to Marktredwitz. Bavarian Siberia....
    edi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hm. Anschutz will be showing off their new 1771 in .223 there, as well as this little beauty...

eep, big image :D Click the attachment link for the nifty photo...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

Jesus - that thing takes 'skeleton' to a whole new level!

Yeah, but it lets you pick where on the rifle you add the weight to build it back up to the competition limits, so you get even more control over inertia and moment, and you can match the rifle not only to your physiology but to your shooting style as well. Wave of the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Almost neighbours then...My German family lives about a half hour up the autobahn from Nurenberg in upper Frankonia.

Erlangen by any chance?

Stand built up and looking fine.
    Bottle of Black Bush standing ready in case of snake bite, you never know in those foreign countries...:D
    edi

Deaf git wrote: »
    Erlangen by any chance?

Bamberg ,appx a half 3/4 hour North of Nurenberg.

ejg wrote: »
    Stand built up and looking fine.
    Bottle of Black Bush standing ready in case of snake bite, you never know in those foreign countries...:D
    edi

Some Korn Schnapps is what you need for them snakes over there!:p
    Germany does have a native poisionous snake, the" Kreuz otter" AKA European Viper,[AKA Angela Merkel:D]

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    Yeah, but it lets you pick where on the rifle you add the weight to build it back up to the competition limits, so you get even more control over inertia and moment, and you can match the rifle not only to your physiology but to your shooting style as well. Wave of the future...

Feels great in the hands too. Lovely grip and the trigger is outstanding.

Feels great in the hands too. Lovely grip and the trigger is outstanding.

Better than the LG400?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Deaf git

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Bamberg ,appx a half 3/4 hour North of Nurenberg.

Will be visiting Bamberg, Regensberg and family in Erlangen end of June, then down South to Bad Tolz. Lovely place.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    Better than the LG400?

The trigger? I'd put it equal to or a hair better than the LG400, but that's only from messing with demo models of both or relatively stock ones. The feel of the LG400 is, to me, slightly better, hence my own purchase, but honestly, that Anschutz is brilliant, and the trigger is great. Super responsive, light and as definite as any trigger I've ever had the pleasure of using.

Nice. I was wondering if the competition would get them to up the game a bit; the trigger on the 2002CA was... well, just not up to it compared to the modern ones and the LG400 was just streets ahead of everything out there on the trigger when I was looking around.

Yep, I'd rate the LG400, including its trigger, very highly (Like I said, I spent a rather substantial chunk of cash putting my money where my mouth is here), but that Anschutz trigger just feels so good. It's the absolute best of their smallbore trigger, without any mechanical feel of moving parts, friction or anything. As perfect as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

Enjoy it edi hope you drum up some nice business make sure you have a look at the new tikka t3x see what it's like

Thanks Phil,
    I didn't even get away from the stand today. Was extremely busy. Very interesting contacts from Canada to Russia. I was speaking to the product manager from Sako yesterday but actually forgot to ask him about the new Tikka..... typical.
    edi

our little corner stand.
    DSCN2690_zpsondfltf4.jpg

@EJg
    It would be intresting to hear what the floor and traders make of the proposed EU ban and legislation?Did you get any feed back on this as this would affect quite a few of them.

First of all thanks to all the Irish lads who dropped in for a chat. We had a great show. So busy I did not get to see the show myself.
    No mentioning of any EU ban effects. Except in one case that some think the AR15 semi auto crowd in Germany has too much head start with way too many out their to think of compensating.
    edi

Advertisement