Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer & Anthrax at The Olympia, June 14th

Options
  • 25-02-2016 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Will have details for ya very soon but YEAAHHHHHHHH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That came out of nowhere.

14th June- Olympia
    15th June- marquee cork

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wonder if Carcass will open the show :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,415 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

13-18 June- slayer, stone Roses (Manchester)and Ireland vs Sweden/Belgium in the euros. Better start saving now and to make better again I get paid monthly (end of May) and that include money for bruce in croker and the hurling. No girlfriend for me this year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 colly4211

Savage I missed slayer in the academy last time. Anyone going to machine head on March 6 in the olympia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

colly4211 wrote: »
    Savage I missed slayer in the academy last time. Anyone going to machine head on March 6 in the olympia

I am. Its a shyte venue for a metal gig IMO.

I'm hoping the Slayer show will be moved.

The Deathcrusher Tour was supposed to be in it last year but was moved to Vicar Street due to demand, ideally the same will happen here.

Vicar St is currently free on the 14th too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I am. Its a shyte venue for a metal gig IMO.

I'm hoping the Slayer show will be moved.

The Deathcrusher Tour was supposed to be in it last year but was moved to Vicar Street due to demand, ideally the same will happen here.

Vicar St is currently free on the 14th too.

The Deathcrusher show was a DME event, this is MCD, i don't think they use Vicar St

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I'll go. Ive seen them enough at this stage but... its slayer.

scudzilla wrote: »
    The Deathcrusher show was a DME event, this is MCD, i don't think they use Vicar St

That's a bit of a bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

Standing tickets sold out but available on seatwave.ie for a knock down price of €161, what a load of w@nk, how is this allowed?

funnyname wrote: »
    Standing tickets sold out but available on seatwave.ie for a knock down price of €161, what a load of w@nk, how is this allowed?

Scalpers, just glad i got mine this morning.

If its selling that quickly it would make a lot of sense to move it to a bigger venue so hopefully that happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭funnyname

But that's official endorsement of scalping, surely that should be outlawed?!
    Scalpers, just glad i got mine this morning.

If its selling that quickly it would make a lot of sense to move it to a bigger venue so hopefully that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel near the Olympia? Checked a few but the prices were scandalous!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Degag wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent hotel near the Olympia? Checked a few but the prices were scandalous!

Abbey Court Hostel on Bachelor's Walk if it's any good to ya, cheapish enough place and only an 8 minute walk to The Olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

A feck it, it's sold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Did any of either bands recent gigs here in recent years sell out this fast?!
    Yep, I am kind of shocked, I cannot imagine myself not seeing Slayer in Dublin but now I don't know how the hell I am going to get a ticket.
    Who knows, a second date would be awesome? Doubt it though

Ah you should be able to get a ticket. Just be vigilant and keep an eye on Toutless.com, Facebook, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yep, I am kind of shocked, I cannot imagine myself not seeing Slayer in Dublin but now I don't know how the hell I am going to get a ticket.
    Who knows, a second date would be awesome? Doubt it though

There is the Cork gig too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Passenger wrote: »
    Did any of either bands recent gigs here in recent years sell out this fast?!

Ah you should be able to get a ticket. Just be vigilant and keep an eye on Toutless.com, Facebook, etc.
    First year Slayer played the Academy, it sold out in a few hours afaik. Added a second date then.

Advertisement