Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza 2016

Options
  • 25-02-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

CP_Artwork.jpg

decent enough start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

€134???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

big jump in the price. Not enamoured with the date change either, but those are easily the three best headliners they've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Caribou!

But wow, how do Irish festivals think they can charge so much?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, thought that it was less than 100 last year? although there was 2 different types of camping before, so maybe between that and the lineup, they're doing an overhaul of the festival?
    they were doing €29 tickets for a limited time about a month before it last year, and loads of freebies around IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BadTurtle wrote: »
    big jump in the price. Not enamoured with the date change either, but those are easily the three best headliners they've ever had.
    I didn't notice the date change. with The Beatyard and Indiependence on the August BH weekend I suppose it makes sense to change if they were struggling to sell tickets before.

although 2 weeks after B&S is a bit risky as i'd imagine there's quite a bit of audience overlap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Caribou!

But wow, how do Irish festivals think they can charge so much?!

In fairness to them, those are 3 great and expensive acts to secure.

I think it's good that they are trying to grow into a slightly bigger festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I read they have Asked on board, probably helps in getting bigger names but would mean pricier tickets too.

In fairness to them, those are 3 great and expensive acts to secure.

I think it's good that they are trying to grow into a slightly bigger festival.

Yep headliners are stellar, but It's impossible not to compare it to any of it's mainland European equivalents which are half the cost.

But hey, maybe they might add more to justify the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

All depends too on if you can now bring your own beer. If not it's a very expensive weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Well impressed that they got Caribou as a headliner. Never seen Jurassic 5 but saw Charli 2NA in the Sugar Club last month and he put on a quality show. Definitely considering this.

I see that Aiken Promotions are on the poster too, that's new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Foals are doing an Aiken gig in Cork two days later and according to Leagues there is another announcement coming next week. I know its unlikely but if Foals do play it'll be a huge capture for them. Could see Castlepalooza becoming a bigger player in the festival circuit of they continue with lineups like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

frantic190 wrote: »
    Foals are doing an Aiken gig in Cork two days later and according to Leagues there is another announcement coming next week. I know its unlikely but if Foals do play it'll be a huge capture for them. Could see Castlepalooza becoming a bigger player in the festival circuit of they continue with lineups like this.

Foals are currently on an arena tour.
    Castlepalooza is waaaaaaay too small for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

lc180 wrote: »
    Well impressed that they got Caribou as a headliner. Never seen Jurassic 5 but saw Charli 2NA in the Sugar Club last month and he put on a quality show. Definitely considering this.

I see that Aiken Promotions are on the poster too, that's new.

I thought they were one of the best acts at Electric Picnic for me, they were brilliant!! I have never seen them before but im delighted i got to see them that day at EP. Well worth going to see and they really get the crowd going too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Foals are currently on an arena tour.
    Castlepalooza is waaaaaaay too small for them.

I've never been before, how small is Castlepalooza?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

It was 2500 last year apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

This would have been my fourth year going but with that sort of a price jump I don't think it'll be a runner. It has doubled in price. It's not a BYOB. They would have a well stocked offo on site but it was karpachi and something else. Absolute nazis searching bags at the gate. Amazing crowd. Such a buzz. Such a shame.

It's always been the 2500-3200 mark in terms of crowds with some fantastic small up and coming acts over the years. It's where Le Galaxie cut their teeth!!! Arman Giorgio was always a crowd pleaser. With Aiken on board it's not going to be the same. Kinda says it all for me with King Kong Company heading for Indiependence.....

My 2c anyway folks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

So is it a Aiken event now?
    You cant bring drink at all ? Or just to he arena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

early birds at €105 are on sale until Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

sasta le wrote: »
    So is it a Aiken event now?
    You cant bring drink at all ? Or just to he arena

You couldn't bring drink at all, you had to buy from their off licence on site or at the bars. It was fairly cheap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭PressRun

Yeah, I'd be interested to know if it's still a non-BYOB event. I love this festival and have gone the last few years, but I'm kinda shocked at the price hike and if it's not BYOB, I don't know if I'll go this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Ye mean ye can't even bring yer own to yer tent? Fooking hell. I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭PressRun

No, you couldn't bring anything to the tent (though I know a couple of people who snuck stuff in before). Slabs of beer/cider were cheap enough though, but that was when the price of a ticket was also cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Sell it to me?never been would like a nice weekend away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

What with the date, price and promoter change this is Castlepalooza only by being in the same venue. I'd imagine lots of changes this year.

Toast wrote: »
    What with the date, price and promoter change this is Castlepalooza only by being in the same venue. I'd imagine lots of changes this year.

And name, I guess!

Yes though the new branding is a lot uglier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Very surprised by this, the headliners are very impressive considering what acts they usually get to play. Is it still going to be a 3,000 capacity festival? Tickets are a lot more expensive, if they are still not allowing you to bring your own drink in it could be an expensive weekend, although I seem to remember the alcohol they had on sale there wasn't too expensive (wasn't a great choice though). More than likely going to go to this, massive coup by them to get Caribou.

Why does the poster look like it was made on microsoft paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They've got the Irish Times and RTE 2FM behind them too so that means some of it will be broadcast live on the radio.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi. Never been before. What is the capacity and is it likely to sell out tomorrow or could you wait to get tickets? Are there different camping options and a campervan area? Is it true you can't bring your own alcohol? No info on their website as yet. Cheers

• Advertisement

gandalfio wrote: »
    Hi. Never been before. What is the capacity and is it likely to sell out tomorrow or could you wait to get tickets? Are there different camping options and a campervan area? Is it true you can't bring your own alcohol? No info on their website as yet. Cheers

Been a few years since I was there but it was a few thousand I believe. Given the increase in price I seriously doubt it'll sell out. They had fancy camping options before. It appears to be under new management so nothing is for sure. The old promoters swore blind their hands were tied by license in the booze area. If that's true it'll be the same again but I'm pretty sure there'd been festivals there before that hadn't the restriction so let's see.

Advertisement