Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing BOI Current Account

Options
  • 25-02-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Hi,

I want to  close my current account and move my outstanding balance. Consulting the BOI website suggests calling the bank to do this; however I just get the BOI phone menu, which does not appear to offer the option to close the account. Can you please help in telling me how I can do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

I want to  close my current account and move my outstanding balance. Consulting the BOI website suggests calling the bank to do this; however I just get the BOI phone menu, which does not appear to offer the option to close the account. Can you please help in telling me how I can do this?
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]To close your bank account you can send a written letter to your account holding branch. We can’t accept this by email or fax request. Should you have a balance left in your account (over €5) please advise the branch what to do with the funds:[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you have a remaining balance in the account and want this to be issued to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]If you prefer the balance to be transferred to a replacement account, we will require details of the [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]beneficiary account i.e. account name and the IBAN & BIC code.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Please note, if you are currently signed up for eStatements, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having the account closed. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement. Once an account has closed it is automatically removed from online access.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Alternatively you can request to close your account at your local branch. [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hope this helps, [/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Tara C[/font]

Advertisement