Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child off food

Options
  • 25-02-2016 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi. My 2yr old seems to be off their food the last few days. Still drinks juice and milk and will eat yoghurts. Used to have a weetabix and 1 toast for breakfast. Then dinner around 2 in the afternoon with a few snacks in between. 2 yoghurts before bed and a bottle in bed.

Wakes up during the night most nights now. Will cry for about an hour but then is fine. In great form during the day. Has a bit of a cold but otherwise ok.

Should I be worried about the eating or put it down to a phase?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

It could be molars? Teething puts kids off their food. I'd just wait that one out. Waking int he night could be nightmares, or the cold, or there's another development leap around 2 yrs for a few weeks that can mess with sleep. My boy has been waking up at 5 am the last few nights. He's kicked off his blankets and then is freezing and too distressed and tired to pull them back up I think! I've been taking him Into my bed for teh few hours in the mornign but that's not for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Could be just the cold - I'd keep offering stuff she likes, and keep the fluids up. My lad is sick at the moment and is surviving on yogurt and banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My 20 month old is just out of about a fortnight of just - not really eating.

She said something about teeth a couple of times, so I feel that was it although I'm not 100% sure what ones. She also had that "bit of a cold". I sat it out and fed her what I could, but was nearly pulling my hair out when she suddenly regained her appetite one evening and wolfed down a plate of scrambled eggs and toast. Weirdly, she wouldn't drink much either, but now she's gulping down the water like she's got the worst thirst.

Toddlers. There's no understanding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Thank you all. Seems to be much better now thank god

Advertisement