Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election - Poll

• 25-02-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

So the General Election 2016 is 24 hours away, would be interesting to see if people know who they are going to vote for as this has been seen as one of the shortest campaigns in modern Irish history.

So who are you going to give your No.1 to?

Who will you be giving your No.1 to? 94 votes

Fine Gael
    0% 0 votes
    Fianna Fáil
    21% 20 votes
    Sinn Féin
    8% 8 votes
    Labour
    14% 14 votes
    Social Democrats
    6% 6 votes
    Renua
    27% 26 votes
    Anti-Austerity Alliance
    4% 4 votes
    Independent
    3% 3 votes
    I don't know yet
    10% 10 votes
    I will not be voting
    3% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Poor Green Party, they've been totally forgotten about after the 2007-11 coalition. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Poor Green Party, they've been totally forgotten about after the 2007-11 coalition. :pac:

Haha, whoops! I completely forgot about them! I should have had an 'other' option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Lost all residual respect for Fine Gael when I saw their ad telling us they were going to "get rid of Fianna Fáil's hated USC", the USC that's been in effect for 4 years of FG's governing and which they initially increased. I'd vote FF before I'd vote for FG, at least they never paid to have our water sold to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

I'm still unsure whether Labour or SD will get #1.

Ok I decided to make the final decision now, while looking at the options on that poll, so I am sorted for tomorrow. SD!

• Advertisement

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Ok I decided to make the final decision now, while looking at the options on that poll, so I am sorted for tomorrow. SD!

I think because I'm living in London, and therefore can't vote, I am a lot more interested in the election this year. If I was back home, and had an SD candidate in my constituency, I would give them No.1.

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

It's a difficult one, I'm undecided between not voting (which I have no guilt about) or voting for the Social Democrats, which in Meath East basically equates to not voting because sadly the establishment parties are going to take all the seats at a canter.

The SD's are probably the most socially Liberal party which is good but their policy on schools is far too mild, multi-denominational schools are completely impractical and promote needless segregation.

Also from a selfish point of view, I come from a farming background and the SD's have almost nothing in their manifesto about this sector, except basically they want to plant a few more trees, which shows no understanding of the difficulties facing Irish farmers today and that's disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Suggest poll addition - not eligible to vote.

Gordon wrote: »
    Suggest poll addition - not eligible to vote.

Is there a way to edit a poll after it has been created? I'd like to add that, as well as 'Other'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

I'm still unsure whether Labour or SD will get #1.
    Just be grateful you even have the option. No candidates from either party in Mayo. An elderly AAA/PbP candidate is getting my No. 1.

• Advertisement

Canadel wrote: »
    Just be grateful you even have the option. No candidates from either party in Mayo. An elderly AAA/PbP candidate is getting my No. 1.

I find it ridiculous that you can't vote for the party you support if no candidate in area. If there was no SD or Lab here, I think I'd just feck the polling card into the range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

I find it ridiculous that you can't vote for the party you support if no candidate in area. If there was no SD or Lab here, I think I'd just feck the polling card into the range.

Feeling somewhat that way inclined tonight, as I'm no closer to knowing who is my least worst (and therefore No.1) than I was last week. Grrr, I hate voting for independents - last thing I want is our govt getting hung up on every decision on the whim of a bunch of single issue people who have no mandate in common whatsoever. Of course, the other last thing I want is any of the large parties to spend the next term fending off anything divisive.

For the first time ever, I'm genuinely stuck. Will have to go green and the one independent with principals I like, I think. Feels like I might as well just burn the card and save myself the trip to town tbh :mad:

Tis bad when I carefully examined the Simpson caricatures above, in the hopes of being inspired at the last minute!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I assume the Green Party will go in the way of the Progressive Democrats.

We have atleast 2 Independents running in the Roscommon/Galway constituency. I'm undecided on who to vote for as of yet. Sinn Fein have a Candidate who is only 22. I know I sound like an ass, but lack of life experience would be my major concern when voting for her. Her heart is in the right place though and maybe in 10 years, I would consider voting for her.

Renua and AAA/PBP, I won't vote for. AAA from some debates I've seen, need to get their shit together first and Renua seem a little too far right in my opinion. Lucindas' 23% flat rate tax might look good on paper, but will it balance the books at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I want to vote SD but Meath West has none. My usual next would be SF for their liberal social views but we have the one bloody candidate who opposed their own abortion bill.

We also probably have THE worst candidate in the country who I've been publicly canvassing AGAINST. I give you The Christian and Jobs Action Party

ShooterSF wrote: »

We also probably have THE worst candidate in the country who I've been publicly canvassing AGAINST. I give you The Christian and Jobs Action Party

Hahaha! I feel slightly disappointed that we haven't got a fruitcake of the calibre here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

I think it's SD for me, but I doubt poor Leonard Kelly will be anywhere near a seat this year. I think he's 80/1.

I do feel however, that the SD have had a strong campaign. I hope this transfers into votes/seats. After his strong showing in the second debate I wonder if Stephen Donnelly regrets not having a few more candidates around the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

robdonn wrote: »
    Is there a way to edit a poll after it has been created? I'd like to add that, as well as 'Other'.

I think so, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Won't be voting, but strongly urge those of ye at home and who are registered to get out there and do the do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Hahaha! I feel slightly disappointed that we haven't got a fruitcake of the calibre here :D

I've Kate Bopp!!!

mansize wrote: »
    I've Kate Bopp!!!

HAHAHAhaaahaaaha..heh. *ahem* Sorry for your troubles :D

Is she running again then? I didn't drive out of Clare in the last 3 weeks, so missed the posters if she had any.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nah, I can beat you on that.
    One of my local candidates is Paddy "I love working for lolek ltd" Manning.

The only gay person who's seriously religious that they could find who is against marriage equality

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I've Kate Bopp!!!

We've Paul Murphy. Myself and the other half are concerned we might get trapped in the polling area if we attempt to vote Labour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I want to vote SD but Meath West has none. My usual next would be SF for their liberal social views but we have the one bloody candidate who opposed their own abortion bill.

He did give us the Strident Secularist Crusade, an awesome term.

Shrap wrote: »
    HAHAHAhaaahaaaha..heh. *ahem* Sorry for your troubles :D

Is she running again then? I didn't drive out of Clare in the last 3 weeks, so missed the posters if she had any.

Offaly is her new found home! The husband is running in Haiti..., sorry, I mean Tipperary

Cabaal wrote: »
    Nah, I can beat you on that.
    One of my local candidates is Paddy "I love working for lolek ltd" Manning.

The only gay person who's seriously religious that they could find who is against marriage equality

He's not religious- just attention starved

Offaly is her new found home! The husband is running in Haiti..., sorry, I mean Tipperary

Heehee, I like you.

Running what in Haiti? ;)

Gosh, she moved last year then? I might actually have had something to do with that..... :D Seems like you might enjoy reading what happened, expect PM.

She apparently lives in the bit of Tipp that is in Offaly now...

Canvassing yesterday met a toothless yokel that declared his was voting for Katie Bopp cos she opposed abortion- was tempted to offer him a can of Dutch Gold not to bother!

Canvassing yesterday

Yesterday?! Thought there was a moratorium? Or is that only meeja related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Yeh, just broadcast media.

• Advertisement

lazygal wrote: »
    He did give us the Strident Secularist Crusade, an awesome term.

All we need to do is add Party to that really. As a 'militant' atheist, they'd have my vote immediately.....whoever 'they' are.

Advertisement