Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower cable

Options
  • 25-02-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi
    just want to run shower cable ready for electrician to connect to consumer unit it will run on a block wall about 7 or 8 ft.
    Can I just clip it to wall or must it be in conduit it's a 9.5kw shower and it will be inside a hot press

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It should be in an enclosure of some sort. A plastic mini trunking with lid can be used and has a sticky back on it, but I would put screws in too. 16 x 25 size mini trunking probably. Or a plastic conduit and saddles, depending on aesthetics etc. I Prefer the conduit myself especially in sheds or garages, but the trunking can look better in a corner of rooms, and the cable needed might need 25mm conduit.

The cable used should be 10 square twin & earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

thanks very much for that

Advertisement