Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

put openelec onto mxq and...

• 25-02-2016 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

And I cannot use it with remote or ps4 controller. I cannot move anything. I booted up into recovery mode and can't move anything in there neither.

Any solutions? Google didn't help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

UPDATE

got a USB mouse and the proper stuff needed to go onto the sd card and the box will ONLY boot into recovery mode when I have no sd card inserted. The screen just flashes when I got it inserted

What can I do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

What happens when it's in recovery and then insert sd card ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Did you use the correct MXq openELEC? There are two.
    One is MXq HD18Q (black box with MXq written on top)
    The other is MXq.arm (orange stripe with button on top)

Make sure openELEC is also the nand version to install on the box, or SD card version to install on to the SD card/micro SD.

You can get them from http://s805.eu/releases

To install onto SD/microSD you need to use win32diskimager or a similar program.

Ste- wrote: »
    What happens when it's in recovery and then insert sd card ?

No at home but it says something like :E drive not found. Is it possible I loaded the wrong firmware? I'm gonna post some pics later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I would also open up the MXQ.and see what motherboard you have. As some require a bootloader file and a new remote configuration file for the remote to work.have you working wifi and ethernet

• Advertisement

massy086 wrote: »
    I would also open up the MXQ.and see what motherboard you have. As some require a bootloader file and a new remote configuration file for the remote to work.have you working wifi and ethernet

Yeah I have working wifi and ethernet. I wish I never open for openelec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Yeah I have working wifi and ethernet. I wish I never open for el openelec
    Did u get the model number from the motherboard?

Advertisement