Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to record/convert a video to soundfile/mp3?

Options
  • 25-02-2016 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭

I am looking to convert a video (online lecture) to an mp3 file or soundfile that I can listen to on my phone or iPod. Whats the best way to do this on a windows laptop or Mac book?
    I started Googling it but was getting loads of different software that can do it with YouTube videos. Its not a YouTube video. I am not sure if I can embed it in software, so I am happy enough to let it play & record it, but whats the best way to even do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Audacity is freeware version of Adobe Audition, just download that and record away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

AoA Audio Extractor will do it

Just watch the installation carefully to opt out of any extras it may offer to install.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

There are many websites online to convert so no need to install a software to avoid virus. Im not allowed to post links so better to just google it

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

You can extract audio streams from video using VLC. I've not tried using it with an online source but it's worth checking out - its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Thanks guys, forgot about VLC, used it years ago. Might try that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I use various online tools like "blablah to mp3"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ffmpeg to convert it after you've downloaded it. Use the developer console of your browser to find the source of the video file or save it by identifying it in your browser cache.

Advertisement