Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque clearance times

Options
  • 25-02-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

I'm astonished at how slow my local branch is at processing cheques. I'll give an example . Cheque lodged at 10.40am. / funds appear in my account at 4.50pm . Another branch literally 10 minutes away , lodge cheque at 11pm, funds appear in account at 11.20pm . Why are some branches so slow compared to others .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Colash wrote: »
    I'm astonished at how slow my local branch is at processing cheques. I'll give an example . Cheque lodged at 10.40am. / funds appear in my account at 4.50pm . Another branch literally 10 minutes away , lodge cheque at 11pm, funds appear in account at 11.20pm . Why are some branches so slow compared to others .
    Hi Colash,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear you feel this way. Cheques lodged at our branches will appear on account by end of the day, although funds may not be cleared. 

The time frame for lodgements to be made to your account can differ from branch to branch, however all 
    lodgements made during branch opening hours will reach account by the end of day.

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Advertisement