Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leisure Battery to power 2x 1000w Fresnels

• 25-02-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello

Have any of you used leisure batteries going in camper vans to power lighting

I have 2x 1000w Arri clone Fresnels that I'd love to use in unique unpowered locations, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.

The tricky thing is trying to figure out which leisure battery to go for as they're rated in Ah not wattage.

I'd assume a 2000w power inverter would be just about enough to run the two lights, but even with that I'm wondering if it would be better to run the lights at 110v instead of 230v

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I've never seen anyone use a leisure battery for a shoot. Any work I've done like that has involved getting a petrol generator.
    LED panels and a set of v-locks might be more convenient.

I'd be interested in hearing how this worked out!

Advertisement