Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for coffee and cake after 7?

Options
  • 25-02-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

As the thread title suggests I am looking for cafes that are open for coffee and cake after 6:30/7pm. I scoured town the other evening and there seemed to be nowhere besides Starbucks which I am not keen on. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

• Try the hotels... Imperial, River Lee, Metropole, Ambassador, Clarion.
    • Cafe bars: Electric, Bodega, Soho.
    • A few restaurants would probably do coffee and cake if they are not fully booked for meals: Luigi Malone, some of the smaller Italian places, Gino's on Winthrop St (coffee, ice cream but not sure about cake)
    • The webworkhouse also on Winthrop St is open 24 hours.
    • A few cafes open late, possibly Serendipity on Western Road, and there is also a late night cafe on Mc Curtain St I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I think there is an opening there for a place like this such as what tribes or gingerbread house used to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭28srf0c

WEbworkhouse

or

Starbucks. What's your beef with Starbucks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Italee? Not sure of evening opening times but it's got the best coffee and some nice looking cakes too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

kcb wrote: »
    Italee? Not sure of evening opening times but it's got the best coffee and some nice looking cakes too!

Italee stopped opening in the evenings last year. Nice spot during the day though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Thanks for the suggestions, a few places I hadn't thought of. Tribes was a great spot for a late evening coffee, I think there's a spot missing in the city for a cosy cafe like that. Italee is great but as mentioned it stopped opening a while back unfortunately. Forgot about webworkhouse actually, will check it out some evening. Cheers!

Advertisement