Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television / Monitor?

Options
  • 25-02-2016 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Was planning on buying a new monitor this week, looking at a 21.5 - 24 inch HP or Acer display.

Then the missus has told me she wants a TV for the bedroom so I'm thinking of killing two birds with one stone.

Should I get a monitor 24 - 27 inch (probably now) and use that as a TV with some bluetooth speakers. Will only be used through a laptop anyway for Netflix etc.

Or

do I get a small TV and use that as my monitor?

I'm thinking monitor, but i'm worried is a monitor bad for distance viewing, about 9ft away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

buy an Oculus Rift ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Skerries wrote: »
    buy an Oculus Rift ;)

Haha, not really what i'm looking for !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

What are the actual benefits to a monitor? My Samsung TV has a game setting on. I like the monitor I have but just interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Monitor will have better response time compared to TV, if you're playing games. If you're just watching TV, it really doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

No gaming on the PC side. Just for multiple windows as an extended display.

• Advertisement
Advertisement