Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course for Repairing pcs

Options
  • 25-02-2016 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering what would be the best course for learning about pc repair?
    Would the Comptia A+ 900 be the one to go for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Volunteer at that place that strips down and rebuilds PC's and ships them off to Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

A+ is the best course around for this, it changes regulary but will give you enough info along with your interest to build/diagnose most issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I agree. Camara and A+ 900 series. Which has just been released.

Are you working or unemployed? The reason I ask. Is there is also a PC maintenance evening course for the unemployed.

Camara is brilliant Providing you have the right attitude. I have been there and plan on going back if I am not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I am unemployed.
    Where is the pc maintenance evening course?
    Would it be better?
    I don't live in Dublin though I'm in the midlands.

Thinking about it now though I think online is handier for me.
    I don't have a car so travelling to an evening course would be awkward.
    I did an online course in Java Professional once and passed the exam in it so online should be fine for me.
    I'm going to do it via ecollege.

If there's anyone else wondering about the course it won't be available until 3 or 4 weeks time on ecollege as it's being updated to the 900 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

And 2 months later the CompTia 900+ course is still not effing available on Ecollege.
    Who knows it could be next year by the time it's bloody up there.
    :mad:
    Ball ox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Studying for CCNA say online is pretty useful as almost everything you do is from a keyboard. The same can't really be said for PC repair though as a lot of its hands on. A big part of the work is soldering DC jacks back into place which is a task that takes a fair bit of skill. Even if its a pain I'd try and get into a workshop somewhere to learn the tricks of the trade.

Advertisement