Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New camera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Cant comment on the drift series as I never had one. I just wanted to ask if you checked out the Sony series of action cameras? I think they are often overlooked. I have the As30v model which has served me well over 3 years commuting now. Picture quality is excellent. I get about 1.5hrs out of a battery ( aftermarket ones ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

not that it's helpful for you but it would be great if there was a way to have a battery and recorder separately in your pocket and just have a little cable running up to a tiny camera actually on the helmet. It seems mad having the extra weight and bulk of the battery and electronics up there.

exmorrs.jpg
    a sensor & lens from a phone would be perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have the TomTom Bandit, lovely camera and even motorway speed is not too noticeable on the head. Also tracks GPS, Speed, G Force, Braking Force and heart rate with a heart strap. I reckon this is a much better camera than the Gopro Black I sold

Quick video with overlays from the Studio software

Longer video editing using the trial version of Final Cut Pro and no overlays. I recorded at 30fps 2K7

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I'm all on for gizmos, but heart rate? On a motorbike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Gavin wrote: »
    I'm all on for gizmos, but heart rate? On a motorbike?

Depends on what you are doing on the bike at the time ;) I think maybe other sports need it, cycling, kayaking etc

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

3 Hours is pretty damn good for an action cam. Surely after that time, you'd be ready to chill for a while and charge the thing anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

Pique wrote: »
    3 Hours is pretty damn good for an action cam. Surely after that time, you'd be ready to chill for a while and charge the thing anyway?

Yeah I'm sure I'd be ready for a chill... But not for hours... and I wouldn't be at home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Bandit0

thecivvie wrote: »
    I have the TomTom Bandit, lovely camera and even motorway speed is not too noticeable on the head. Also tracks GPS, Speed, G Force, Braking Force and heart rate with a heart strap. I reckon this is a much better camera than the Gopro Black I sold

Quick video with overlays from the Studio software

Longer video editing using the trial version of Final Cut Pro and no overlays. I recorded at 30fps 2K7

Wow that's something else man...
    You have a link to this by any chance? Would defo like to look it up

Advertisement