Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open VNC on a Mac

Options
  • 25-02-2016 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I don't know alot about Apple mac's so I hope someone can help here.

We have a customer that uses VNC to connect to other devices. The links are in the form "vnc://192.168.1.1:5900"
    So they have a list of links on a word document and they just click on whichever one they want.
    Now, they are after installing other management software that also includes another remote tool. An alternative to VNC.
    They don't want to remove this tool as it is needed for the management software, however whenever they click on the links now, it opens using this new tool rather than VNC.

Does anyone know how to revert this without uninstalling anything? It should be simple but I cannot figure it out.
    I have created vnc shortcuts and they open fine using VNC, it's the actual links itself that will not open using VNC.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement