Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

113 euro for requesting bank statements ?

Options
  • 25-02-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I am fuming right now i went onto online banking and made a request to get statememts from 2012 to 2015 , i did this because im a student and needed to provide bank statements for the grant i was applying for , i assumed the fees would be 5-6 euro i mean how much does it cost for a few printouts , check my account today because i needed to pay a bill and im 113 euro down , seriously ? 113 euro for a few pages of printouts . I need this money back i work 3 days a week with my part time job because im in college monday to friday, i expect a refund with this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Video wrote: »
    I am fuming right now i went onto online banking and made a request to get statememts from 2012 to 2015 , i did this because im a student and needed to provide bank statements for the grant i was applying for , i assumed the fees would be 5-6 euro i mean how much does it cost for a few printouts , check my account today because i needed to pay a bill and im 113 euro down , seriously ? 113 euro for a few pages of printouts . I need this money back i work 3 days a week with my part time job because im in college monday to friday, i expect a refund with this
    Hi Video, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

The charge for duplicate statements to be printed and posted to your address is [font=Arial, sans-serif]€[/font]3.80 for the first page and [font=Arial, sans-serif]€[/font]2.50 for each additional page. When ordering duplicate statements online, you are required to tick a box confirming that you have read and agree to the fees and charges. 

eStatements are available on Banking 365 Online from February 2012 to present and can be downloaded and printed from your PC at no charge. 

If you would like to send us a private message with your full name, phone number and the name of your account holding branch, we'll be happy to forward your details to your branch to arrange a call back to discuss this further. 

To send us a private message, please click on the link in my signature below. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

A charge for printing documentation like that is just extortionate in this day and age. If this was a manual process involving tabulation and photocopying then it could be justified.

Advertisement