Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6S No Service without reset.

• 25-02-2016 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭

For some reason whenever I lose my phone signal, I have to reset the phone to get it to pick up a signal sgain. Switching to manual search in carriers brings up the message "Unable To load carrier list" or something like that.

It's been happening more and more recently but I can't remember if it's since the last update or not.

Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Might be worth a try to replace the sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

guil wrote: »
    Might be worth a try to replace the sim?

Ok. Thanks, will try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Here are Apple's suggestions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415
    Reset network settings is one I'd try (note: you will lose all stored wifi passwords)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

flyguy wrote: »
    Here are Apple's suggestions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415
    Reset network settings is one I'd try (note: you will lose all stored wifi passwords)

I seen that option but wasn't too sure what happens once I done it. Do I need to re-enter all my network (Three) settings in again or are they stored by default?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

If you never had to enter them before -as in when you got the phone- they should be stored by default. I think they're on the sim (or automatically downloaded once you've internet connection.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement