Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Big Dublin West 2016 Election Poll

Options
  • 25-02-2016 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

So from what I've seen the GE thread in this forum seems to be one of the, if not the most active constituency forum on Boards. There's been a lot of debate about the various candidates and it doesn't really seem that any are hugely popular, with some being decidedly unpopular.

So with that in mind, here's your chance to nail your colours to the mast and select who'll be getting your first preference. It's simply a bit of non-scientific fun and we can see how it compares to the results of the first count on Saturday. Please note that the poll is anonymous, so not even the admins will know who you've selected.

The Great Big Dublin West 2016 Election Poll 41 votes

Joan Burton TD - LABOUR
    0% 0 votes
    Dermot Casey - INDEPENDENT
    17% 7 votes
    Jack Chambers - FIANNA FAIL
    0% 0 votes
    TJ Clare - INDEPENDENT
    0% 0 votes
    Ruth Coppinger TD - AAA-PBP
    9% 4 votes
    Paul Donnelly - SINN FEIN
    7% 3 votes
    David McGuinness - INDEPENDENT
    12% 5 votes
    Catherine Noone - FINE GAEL
    26% 11 votes
    Jo O Brien - RENUA
    0% 0 votes
    Roderic O Gorman - GREEN PARTY
    2% 1 vote
    Leo Varadkar TD - FINE GAEL
    24% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've just been informed that there were a number of options in the poll not visible on the touch site, most likely due to fadas and apostrophes. I've removed them where necessary, so hopefully everything is OK now. If you spot any other issues please drop me a PM. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So the poll is now closed and with 54 votes cast we have a quota of 12. Which means the results are as follows:

Elected on the 1st count
    Leo Varadkar

Most likely elected after transfers
    David McGuinness
    Roderic O'Gorman

In with a fighting chance
    Joan Burton
    Paul Donnelly

Put up a good fight
    TJ Clare
    Ruth Coppinger

Punched above their weight
    Jo O'Brien

Even more unpopular than Renua
    Dermot Casey
    Jack Chambers
    Catherine Noone

Which all goes to show that this forum is probably as unrepresentative as they come when compared to the opinion polls or we're bloody geniuses. I'll let you decide which. Thanks for voting everyone, enjoy the count tomorrow.

Advertisement